UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 1 The End Begins Re-Run Discussion!

Damn there was no thread and I didn't think anyone would make a thread at the last minute.

As it is, I don't think anything more could be gleaned from this first episode.  Although it was a good episode.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Dropping Titans on their enemies.

Why were they dropped from so high anyway?  Would the airship have been in range of the artillery? 

And why did they already have the fucked up Titan faces before they even got transformed?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Why were they dropped from so high anyway?  Would the airship have been in range of the artillery? 

And why did they already have the fucked up Titan faces before they even got transformed?

I think you're right about keeping them out of range also I think they were dropped from that high so that they'd do a lot of damage and take out as many as possible on impact even before they started eating people.

I think it was just for showing some of them really freaked out.

• Like 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

I think you're right about keeping them out of range also I think they were dropped from that high so that they'd do a lot of damage and take out as many as possible on impact even before they started eating people.

I think it was just for showing some of them really freaked out.

Oh ok.

No they weren't just freaked out.  They already had those demented Titan faces.  Plus they were restrained.  Was something about this explained before and I forgot?

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.

No they weren't just freaked out.  They already had those demented Titan faces.  Plus they were restrained.  Was something about this explained before and I forgot?

Originally I thought it was part of the restraint making them look like that except that it was only a couple of them so I wrote that off which makes me think that the intent was that those couple of them are supposed to be just particularly terrified really gritting their mouths, because there are others who seem like they have expressions where they've like just given up to their fate. But I agree that while I think that was the intent those couple still looked weird like almost already Titan-like faces like you say.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Why the hell did Ymir willingly let herself get eaten?  Kind of lame how her character got abandoned.

Hope we eventually find out like Armin said a long time ago, back when Ymir weirdly decided to go back for Reiner and Bertoldt so that they didn't come back empty handed.

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Why the hell did Ymir willingly let herself get eaten?  Kind of lame how her character got abandoned.

She was pretty close to her end anyway, though by rights she would have had about 3 or 4 years left.

She ate Marcel and transformed into the Jaw Titan a few months before Bertholdt's Colossal Titan attacked Shiganshina, and that was about 5 years before she was captured. So assuming she wasn't sacrificed immediately, she might not have had much time left. Even if she was, there was a bit of a timeskip between Seasons 1 and 2. So she had about half or less of her life as a Titan shifter left. Not sure how she knew that she only had 13 years to live if she ever regained her humanity, but somehow, it seems she knew.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Hope we eventually find out like Armin said a long time ago, back when Ymir weirdly decided to go back for Reiner and Bertoldt so that they didn't come back empty handed.

Why did she agree to that anyway?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

My guess is she really didn't have much time left.

This is a hell of an explanation. A dead serious look at such a silly thing from the first season!

Yeah but why help those assholes?

Yes that was hilarious!

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

She was pretty close to her end anyway, though by rights she would have had about 3 or 4 years left.

She ate Marcel and transformed into the Jaw Titan a few months before Bertholdt's Colossal Titan attacked Shiganshina, and that was about 5 years before she was captured. So assuming she wasn't sacrificed immediately, she might not have had much time left. Even if she was, there was a bit of a timeskip between Seasons 1 and 2. So she had about half or less of her life as a Titan shifter left. Not sure how she knew that she only had 13 years to live if she ever regained her humanity, but somehow, it seems she knew.

Yup

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

But she didn't need to go with them and give the Jaw Titan back to Marley.

• Like 1

Just now, OwlChemist81 said:

True. I guess it was so they didn't have to come back empty handed!

One of the more consequential characters in Season 2, but her fate was tragic!

But who cares if they went back empty handed?  That's their problem.

Yeah but it was kind of a lame end.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2021 at 3:08 AM, ben0119 said:

But who cares if they went back empty handed?  That's their problem.

Yeah but it was kind of a lame end.

Why does Armin keep visiting Annie?

Could be that she was acting on Marcel's memories?

We've learned that Titans work something like Avatars or One For All in MHA. The Titan Shifters are clearly aware of the memories of their sacrifices, even if they never actually "knew" them very well.

- Episode #62: "Door Of Hope" Discussion begins now. -

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1