UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 1 The End Begins Re-Run Discussion!

15 hours ago, AnimationFan14 said:

A slow trickle of tension is soon to become a flood.

Yup! We're about to hear the return of some classic Sawano AoT music when we get to Eren and the wall Titans part of his production.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

I still don't get why there's now millions of Colossal Titans inside the walls.  The one we saw before inside a wall was a normal Titan.  And I thought the Colossal was supposed to be unique.  Also, it was taller than the walls.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So did Tybur know he was going to die?

From that discussion he had with Magath on his way here I don't think he knew he'd die right now just like that but I think he knew he was going to die sometime that night if they really did attack as they'd hoped.

Just now, DangerMouse said:

From that discussion he had with Magath on his way here I don't think he knew he'd die right now just like that but I think he knew he was going to die sometime that night if they really did attack as they'd hoped.

Well in this episode Tyber told his family to stand by and watch and said this was his atonement.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I still don't get why there's now millions of Colossal Titans inside the walls.  The one we saw before inside a wall was a normal Titan.  And I thought the Colossal was supposed to be unique.  Also, it was taller than the walls.

I think it always came off pretty large to me, and it was also kinda similar to the Colossal since it had no skin like that one and that's the only one we've seen like that so far.

Wall-Titans-in-Attack-on-Titan-header.jp

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

I wonder why Eren ate Tybur instead of just squashing or throwing him or something.  Was it in case he had the Warhammer Titan?

That's what I think, I think he wasn't sure if he was the Warhammer, so he ate him in case he was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

I think it always came off pretty large to me, and it was also kinda similar to the Colossal since it had no skin like that one and that's the only one we've seen like that so far.

Wall-Titans-in-Attack-on-Titan-header.jp

Huh I didn't remember it had no skin.  I need to see a clip of that scene again.  Since I don't remember how high up the wall that hole was.  I didn't think it was at the top.  Either way the Colossal Titan is clearly taller.  Still think that having Titans (of any kind) in the walls was one of the sillier things this show did.

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Huh I didn't remember it had no skin.  I need to see a clip of that scene again.  Since I don't remember how high up the wall that hole was.  I didn't think it was at the top.  Either way the Colossal Titan is clearly taller.  Still think that having Titans (of any kind) in the walls was one of the sillier things this show did.

Yeah, it wasn't on top it was kind of in the middle, which is a bit confusing. Not sure why they'd be crouched down or some would be kind of upside down or something for it to be like that.

20 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, it wasn't on top it was kind of in the middle, which is a bit confusing. Not sure why they'd be crouched down or some would be kind of upside down or something for it to be like that.

That's what I thought I remembered it was half-way up.  So I thought it was just a regular Titan. 

I didn't think of crouched.  They could be standing on top of each other's shoulders or maybe there is a shelf in there, with with the second row on top.  But it doesn't seem like that is the case with everything that's been described.  Maybe they just aren't as tall as the wall and the rest is empty.  Or there was a retcon.  Or maybe an art goof.  Maybe the placement of the Titan's face was changed from the manga or wasn't clear where it was in the manga.

Never mind lol.  I just found a couple clips.  The hole with the Titan's face is actually pretty close to the top of the wall, which I completely remembered wrong.  And I didn't remember the Titan looking at them.  That's extremely unnerving.

I also forgot about that douche bag Pastor Nick and those Wall worshipping bozos lol.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That's what I thought I remembered it was half-way up.  So I thought it was just a regular Titan. 

I didn't think of crouched.  They could be standing on top of each other's shoulders or maybe there is a shelf in there, with with the second row on top.  But it doesn't seem like that is the case with everything that's been described.  Maybe they just aren't as tall as the wall and the rest is empty.  Or there was a retcon.  Or maybe an art goof.  Maybe the placement of the Titan's face was changed from the manga or wasn't clear where it was in the manga.

Never mind lol.  I just found a couple clips.  The hole with the Titan's face is actually pretty close to the top of the wall, which I completely remembered wrong.  And I didn't remember the Titan looking at them.  That's extremely unnerving.

I also forgot about that douche bag Pastor Nick and those Wall worshipping bozos lol.

Oh wow yeah, I forgot about that shot of the cloth they put up to cover the hole. I didn't remember it being that high up either. Same as you my mind had placed it in the middle somewhere. That really is pretty much at the top. And it kinda makes sense that Bertolt's special colossal, as one of the 9, might be a bit taller than these knockoffs.

Yeah it was crazy unsettling when it's eyes moved and it hit you that it was still alive in there.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh wow yeah, I forgot about that shot of the cloth they put up to cover the hole. I didn't remember it being that high up either. Same as you my mind had placed it in the middle somewhere. That really is pretty much at the top. And it kinda makes sense that Bertolt's special colossal, as one of the 9, might be a bit taller than these knockoffs.

Yeah it was crazy unsettling when it's eyes moved and it hit you that it was still alive in there.

I totally thought it was like half-way up.  If we find enough other people who remember it wrong we might have a mini Mandela Effect on our hands lul. :P

Do you remember if all the walls are the same height?  The walls of Eren's town would have to be the outer most walls since Titans got in from there after it got breached.  But I can't remember if it was higher or shorter than the other walls.  Either way I think this wall with the hole in it where we see the Titan inside was one of the inner walls, if I remember correctly.

So, if all the walls are the same height, then Berthold's Colossal is definitely taller than these other ones inside the wall.  If the outer walls are shorter then they might be the same height as Berthold's.  But if all walls aren't the same height it really wouldn't make sense for the outer walls to be shorter.  It should be the other way around. 

Then again I'm pretty sure Berthold's Colossal appeared behind several different walls and it was always taller than the wall.  Hmm.

21 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah.

Those crazy wall cultists.

And Nick who Hange even dangled from the top of the crazy high top of the walls.

I totally forgot about them haha.  It doesn't seem like they will be relevant again but who knows.

Yeah that was hilarious!  And him claiming he was ready to die, then gathering himself after Hange threw him back to the surface of the wall haha.

• Like 1

Yeah I think the 3 walls are the same height but I'd have to look it up to be sure.

Yeah, you're right, pretty sure it was the innermost wall of the 3 walls where we saw that Titan face inside since it was the damage from Annie trying to climb that broke it.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I totally forgot about them haha.  It doesn't seem like they will be relevant again but who knows.

Yeah that was hilarious!  And him claiming he was ready to die, then gathering himself after Hange threw him back to the surface of the wall haha.

That reminds me, I still LOVE the part at the end of season 1 where, I think it's in the last two episodes during Annie and Eren's second Titan fight, we see Annie's Titan get thrown and sit on a building and then in the next episode it opens with the wall cultists in a building and even before it happens you realize this is building Annie landed on at the end of that episode. xD

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2021 at 2:34 AM, ben0119 said:

I wonder why Eren ate Tybur instead of just squashing or throwing him or something.  Was it in case he had the Warhammer Titan?

I think that's right. He wasn't sure WHICH Tybur was the War Hammer, just that one of them was. Eating Willy amounted to an "incorrect guess".

Episode #65: The War Hammer Titan

Edited by OwlChemist81