UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 1 The End Begins Re-Run Discussion!

7 hours ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Some people can react differently to grief and express grief differently, especially when under not the best mental circumstances. Erin’s eyes did widen a little before his laugh thing. Even if he laughed it didn’t mean he wasn’t sorry for Sasha’s death, but simply he reacted in a awkward positive manner to the Sasha he always knew and loved. Plus Erin isn’t exactly in the right frame of mind here at all, so this wasn’t a good time to test how he cared for a lost close friend. 

For sure...it would have been interesting if they actually took that angle instead of just the standard reactions. I could also see it as his sanity beginning to crack a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

You mean Hange should have suspected their betrayal?

No, like I said I'm not even sure what I even wanted to see. Maybe some more of her inner thoughts and brainstorming.
I think I just was hoping she'd have more "just in case" contingencies about Zeke (and therefore maybe Yelena?) and do more active pushing for his true intentions beyond locking up Eren, separating Eren and Zeke, and having Levi guard Zeke (unless there's more coming in the second half before they meet up) until they decided what to do (or how they'd prepare for Marley's counterattack which they'd weakened after blowing up the port and their ship fleet) because after this ep I feel like we didn't see much of her thoughts again for a couple of eps outside of her little "house arrest" meeting with Onyankapon as the factions began forming around Eren.

That said, she's great and kind of the in between of Erwin and Armin, having some of Erwin's excellent command ability and some of Armin's trust in humanity and morals (plus her intense desire for knowledge even beyond Armin's), to where she's not as willing to break/bend them as much as Erwin, so that's probably why we see her conflicted about whether or not she had any choices she missed before Eren made the choice for them by going on his own or how she was still mostly reactive until the bombing and the wine where Zeke, and Eren & Floch made their move first.

Also, as I keep thinking about it more, I probably wasn't being fair to Hange, all of this probably happens rapidly within like just a couple of days after they get back, so it's not like she had time to consolidate with Pixis or really push Zeke until their discussion with Azumabito at which point it was already too late.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

Just now, ben0119 said:

Yeah.  But a little late for me to be doing this much thinking. x_x

Yeah lol, somehow I always get absorbed into like this or looking stuff up after the end of Toonami and end up up until like 6am when I should be in bed soon after it lmao.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah lol, somehow I always get absorbed into like this or looking stuff up after the end of Toonami and end up up until like 6am when I should be in bed soon after it lmao.

I do some of the same stuff.  Was just reading several threads of people ripping on Kishimoto for his shitty writing of women lmao.  Good stuff.  And I'll go back and read the threads here.  You can't catch every comment while watching, after all.  It can be pretty bad how the internet can just EAT TIME (though games are even worse.) And I probably would have been up that late anyway haha.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 5:22 AM, ben0119 said:

I do some of the same stuff.  Was just reading several threads of people ripping on Kishimoto for his shitty writing of women lmao.  Good stuff.  And I'll go back and read the threads here.  You can't catch every comment while watching, after all.  It can be pretty bad how the internet can just EAT TIME (though games are even worse.) And I probably would have been up that late anyway haha.

Haha, I was recently doing that too a couple of weeks back last time Konan did nothing and also like a month ago when the hokages were facing Madara and Tsunade had such a disappointing showing compared other big moments for key Leaf ninja like Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Kakashi, etc. even though she's the freaking hokage of the Leaf for most of the show. How do you not give her a showpiece fight, lol?

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1