UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 1 The End Begins Re-Run Discussion!

Just now, ben0119 said:

Why was the Warhammer just going to kill Eren?

I think it's really risky but I think because if they'd taken the Founder the other nations wouldn't have been as motivated as they now are to focus their ire and vengeance on the island which was the whole idea of Willy's production, since those are the most threatening Eldians first if they're going to wipe out all Eldians which is what he said was his goal and his sister seemingly was onboard.

8 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I think it's really risky but I think because if they'd taken the Founder the other nations wouldn't have been as motivated as they now are to focus their ire and vengeance on the island which was the whole idea of Willy's production, since those are the most threatening Eldians first if they're going to wipe out all Eldians which is what he said was his goal and his sister seemingly was onboard.

But then Magath said they need the Warhammer to eat the Attack Titan.  So somebody was not on the same page. 

So what would happen if the Founder got killed?  The wall Titans would be released or stay as they are?

8 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah they put him way too close to that lol

You think it was a mistake with how the scene was done? 

If you've ever seen some of the manga, a lot of it is drawn kind of crappy and sketchy looking, and a lot of minimalism and things left out.  You could barely call it glorified story boards for the manga.  It's not one of those mangas where you can do a panel by panel adaptation and it works out perfectly.  The people doing the anime really have to interpret a lot and fill in gaps a lot.  Who knows what that looked like in the manga.  So I could see why they would mess up with that.

If it did explicitly look like that in the manga it's pretty dumb and shouldn't have been replicated here.  There's no way MaGath believably survived that blast from where he was standing, and it's a totally pointless fakeout death when he shows up again just a few minutes later anyway.  It's not like he has a surprise return a bunch of episodes later lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

But then Magath said they need the Warhammer to eat the Attack Titan.  So somebody was not on the same page. 

So what would happen if the Founder got killed?  The wall Titans would be released or stay as they are?

Yeah, I think Tybur's desire to keep the island Eldians the big threat is the why but I agree in the moment and with Magath's reaction they could have given us more detail and more clarified for sure why she didn't seem to really pursue trying eat Eren and take the Founder. And it's certainly the case that Magath was surprised as well that Tybur's sister didn't try to eat the Attack Titan, so it definitely seemed like he expected her to and they weren't entirely on the same page when she was going for the kill instead.

I think they would stay as they are since he wouldn't have been able to initiate it (no royal around) and we've been told the Founder would automatically pass on to some newborn.

And some random kid out there inheriting the Founder when Eren dies still delivers to all the other nations the fear of that Eldian threat out there being bigger than Marley which was Willy's goal with his whole fear speech toward the island and the rest of the Eldians.

Edited by DangerMouse

19 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

You think it was a mistake with how the scene was done? 

If you've ever seen some of the manga, a lot of it is drawn kind of crappy and sketchy looking, and a lot of minimalism and things left out.  You could barely call it glorified story boards for the manga.  It's not one of those mangas where you can do a panel by panel adaptation and it works out perfectly.  The people doing the anime really have to interpret a lot and fill in gaps a lot.  Who knows what that looked like in the manga.  So I could see why they would mess up with that.

If it did explicitly look like that in the manga it's pretty dumb and shouldn't have been replicated here.  There's no way MaGath believably survived that blast from where he was standing, and it's a totally pointless fakeout death when he shows up again just a few minutes later anyway.  It's not like he has a surprise return a bunch of episodes later lol.

Yeah I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if you're right and that's why lol. Since I do feel like from the pages I've seen that MAPPA is more focused on replicating the pages than I remember WIT being.

Right, it's not really a fake out since he's back immediately in the next scene and enters making his way through the rubble like normal there was no suspense to his entrance.

Edited by DangerMouse

Soundtrack sampler.

Tracks 1-20 Kohta Yamamoto (All that new Marley music is in here plus more)

Tracks 21-23 Hiroyuki Sawano

AOTF-s2 is the badass remix when Mikasa and the Scouts join the action we just saw again last week. Also noticed that the epic cliffhanger where Levi charges at Galliard part of that music is at the end of track 11.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1