UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 1 The End Begins Re-Run Discussion!

25 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Hmm, good point.

Yeah, I'm just thinking it seems to be our close crew, a couple of familiar leaders like Hange and Nile, plus Sasha's family (and a few others we've gotten close to, I'm thinking Falco though I don't remember for sure if we saw him in the cell but I thought we did and he was nice to Eren).  Whatever craziness he's up to ultimately he did still say he wants them to survive back in that scene where he refused to make any of them his Titan inheritor and that short lifespan.

And originally before this attack this was them being locked up while he was supposed to meet Zeke according to Yelena.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

All of Eren's friends being held in those cells, out of the way but also kind of protected.

Wow, you're right! I hate that I crashed when this episode was on last night and couldn't discuss, but I did catch it on the West Coast feed. I missed some of these subtleties again the 2nd time, but that has to be Eren's "hidden agenda". He knew he was under attack from these insane Jaegerists who believed in his abilities but not his desires, so he sought to put on an act and move his friends out of harm's way. Even if that's all he was up to, Jean was absolutely right!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

• StarPanda unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

I'm digging this up because I saw on someone's desk the final volume of the manga they were reading, and I skimmed through to spoil myself on the ending (because I've never really liked this show to begin with), and, just gotta say......

Spoiler

I feel vindicated.