UnevenEdge

adultswim announces randomized toonami bracket

CountFrylock

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Am I missing something, they're on the bottom right of the chart

It's 3ngag3's thing to pretend that Pop Team Epic doesn't exist in every opportunity potential acknowledgement of its existence arises. I wouldn't worry about it.

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Is this supposed to be every show, because I see some missing stuff like Evangelion, Wolfs Rain, Blue Gender, Pilot Candidate, Super Milk Chan, full metal alchemist, Deadman Wonderland, Kekkaishi, Reign, s-CRY-ed, Trinity Blood, Tokyo Ghoul. 

It's Toonami on [as] only, so no ACTN shows. Deadman and Ghoul are on the bracket, they're just hard to spot. FMA's also on there, but it's Brotherhood only.

1 hour ago, 3ngag3 said:

I'm just a degenerate who lives in reality. I'm sorry that makes you angry. :)

Yeah, if you call your Pop Team Epic-free Cloudcuckooland "reality". ¬¬

• 3 weeks later...

So it comes down to Bebop vs DBZ. As I said on the stream, I see Bebop taking it. Bebop has powered through Attack on Titan, One-Punch Man, Hunter x Hunter and even My Hero Academia. So it can probably beat DBZ as well. DBZ almost lost to JoJo and only won by 2 votes. In the end I only got about 34 correct. I should have had a lot more faith in HxH when it went up against DBS and should have believed Dr. Stone could beat SAO. Well it's been fun.

5 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

now that it's over do you agree with the results of cowboy bebop as the best show toonami's aired?

I'd say it's between Bebop and FLCL Classic for the best overall executed series to have aired on Toonami thus far. I don't think anything is "perfect" but those two come pretty dang close.

• Like 2

Bebop is one of the best animes ever but it was on ASA to begin with.  That is where most people found it.  The reruns done years later on Toonami (after years of reruns on ASA already,) are practically irrelevant.  So I don't really consider it a Toonami show regardless of the master tapes resting on Demarco's night stand every night he goes to sleep.

20 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Bebop is one of the best animes ever but it was on ASA to begin with. 

And?

So were Paranoia Agent, Champloo, FLCL, GITS, Eureka Seven, Trigun, Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and probably more that I don't remember off the top of my head. If it aired on Toonami, and multiple times at that, why wouldn't it count?

Bebop has reran on Toonami numerous times but much like Batman: TAS back in the day, it is a fantastic show that just happened to air on Toonami for a while but isn’t particularly known for being a Toonami show.

I have no issue with either being considered the best Toonami show but at the same time it’s hard for me to think of them as Toonami shows. At the very least I don’t see either as significant shows for Toonami the way DBZ, Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, Naruto and Attack on Titan are.

Bebop is undeniably the most important show for ASA along with InuYasha, FLCL, FMA, Big O and GITS. And it’s becoming more and more common for people to refer to ASA as Toonami. And that’s kind of a shame for ASA and its significance to the industry in the 2000s but because Toonami replaced ASA, that timeline tends to get muddled.

So it’s whatever. I’m glad Bebop beat DBZ. It’s the better show.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sketch said:

Bebop is undeniably the most important show for ASA along with InuYasha, FLCL, FMA, Big O and GITS.

One could say that Bebop was the reason [as] was created to begin with. From what I've read, Sean Akins wanted to air it on television, but couldn't air it on Toonami or even Midnight Run without running the risk of it being hacked to pieces, and Williams Street happened to be making some more adult-oriented programs in the vein of SGC2C, and so [as] was born.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 11:59 PM, EmpressAngel said:

And?

So were Paranoia Agent, Champloo, FLCL, GITS, Eureka Seven, Trigun, Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and probably more that I don't remember off the top of my head. If it aired on Toonami, and multiple times at that, why wouldn't it count?

What Sketch said.  What matters most is where a show had its greatest prominence and importance.  Not that this bracket thing matters most in the grand scheme of things.

16 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

What Sketch said.  What matters most is where a show had its greatest prominence and importance.  Not that this bracket thing matters most in the grand scheme of things.

i mean if it leads to a marathon but then again that doesn't seem likely with the amount of shows involved in this they no longer had the rights to

plus the prize was  a body pillow for having the winning bracket....shows how little they cared about this i guess