UnevenEdge

Gemusetto Death Beats premieres November 7 during toonami

1 hour ago, Jman said:

Is this another Adult Swim original trying to impede on Toonami?

Ask Ballmasterz how well that went.

At least Ballmasterz was good and had enough anime references to justify it being there. This show is (show name redacted because it doesn't exist) levels of bad.

1 hour ago, elfie said:

I expect the episodes to be like 3 minutes long and thus won't hinder the regular schedule at all.

They're 11 minutes, there are supposedly 14 episodes in season 2 so that will be 7 half hours. Seems like a fine way to give Black Clover a break until January.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

They're 11 minutes, there are supposedly 14 episodes in season 2 so that will be 7 half hours. Seems like a fine way to give Black Clover a break until January.

I don't know about a "fine" way, but it is a way...

...this also indicates they MAY not be having a Thanksgiving marathon...

But dear GOD, if they decide to marathon this on Toonami... 🤬

• Like 1

What most people don't know about the [as] Brain Trust is that it was meant to be a panel discussion on the Squidbillies pilot - hence why Early's there - but because the pilot was far from ready yet, they aired PHF in its place instead.

The ambiguity of what the "program we just watched" even was helps with that.

11 hours ago, Sketch said:

Or... they might actually think this is a good idea.

what about this says "good idea for toonami!"?

I Don't hate that this is a western cartoon  i hate that it's just a "turn your brain off and watch the silliness happen" show being put on toonami

because "Anime References!"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

what about this says "good idea for toonami!"?

I Don't hate that this is a western cartoon  i hate that it's just a "turn your brain off and watch the silliness happen" show being put on toonami

because "Anime References!"

Supposedly the second season will be much more of a show than the first season was. And an action adventure show at that. But this is far from the first time Toonami's thrown on a bizarre show. Pop Team Epic and Bo-Bobo for two.

From Adult Swim's perspective, a show that's loaded with anime references makes sense for a block that contains many of the shows that are getting referenced. And the general Adult Swim audience probably doesn't appreciate Gamusetto, so they're experimenting with airing it on Toonami. It's a gamble but Adult Swim likes to gamble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Also, Ass Class is kicking ass at 1 AM. Why mess with that!?

Yeah.

Welp, nice guy in the video demarco posted but it doesn't look like something I'll like so I guess I'll give it an ep but I guess it won't be entirely terrible to have a half hour food break in the middle of Toonami...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah.

Welp, nice guy in the video demarco posted but it doesn't look like something I'll like so I guess I'll give it an ep but I guess it won't be entirely terrible to have a half hour food break in the middle of Toonami...

depending on when Fire Force S2 premieres  I May not have much at all to watch on the block soon

i have no idea why demarco is trying to sell the toonami fans on this show other than he's friends with the creator

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1

UGH, really?  I have seen a little of the first season before, due to not changing the channel or turning the TV off fast enough, of course.  It is obnoxious.  And saying season 2 is "more of a show," isn't saying much.  I doubt it's like Perfect Hair Forever, since that was actually funny.  I just hope it's not speed-fueled like Ballmastrz was.  You couldn't even follow that.

On 10/9/2020 at 1:35 PM, EmpressAngel said:

No no, this can only be a secret conspiracy to hide the fact that they don't have any new shows! Because it's not like they've ever aired Western cartoons before!  This is clearly a harbinger of the block's impending doom! THE END IS NIGH!

It's not so much that.  I don't care where the show was made.  I don't think this portends that TOONAMI IS DYING either.  I just don't want this crap show taking up and wasting time and space on the block.

4 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

depending on when Fire Force S2 premieres  I May not have much at all to watch on the block soon

i have no idea why demarco is trying to sell the toonami fans on this show other than he's friends with the creator

It is more nepotism from the dear tastemaker.  Just like this stunt he is pulling putting Run the Jewels on.  It's bad enough Demarco forcing the crap he likes on the viewers, but he's gotta put his friends' crap on the air.

On 10/11/2020 at 3:23 PM, CountFrylock said:

when stuff like this is put on toonami it makes the block look like a joke....you can't really tell me gemusetto belongs on the same block as black clover fire force and assassination classroom

anime is not some weird concept that we can just make random jokes about it.....

Well yeah it doesn’t really fit next to Japanese kids shows like Ass Class, DBS and Black Clover... because it was written for adult audiences. 🤣

51 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Well yeah it doesn’t really fit next to Japanese kids shows like Ass Class, DBS and Black Clover... because it was written for adult audiences. 🤣

Yeah....One of the characters in the second season  is named Captain Ttyti and has a jiggling boob on they're forehead

that's not adult that's just immature....

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

I said adult audiences, I didn’t say mature. 🙃

those shouldn't be separate....being for an adult audience shouldn't mean being on the level of some youtube poop content

and that's what Gemusetto S2 comes off as.....something that can only be enjoyed by people who think youtube poops are the funniest thing ever

that's not the audience for toonami  people don't come to toonami to turn off they're brains and stare at some pictures

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

those shouldn't be separate....being for an adult audience shouldn't mean being on the level of some youtube poop content

and that's what Gemusetto S2 comes off as.....something that can only be enjoyed by people who think youtube poops are the funniest thing ever

that's not the audience for toonami  people don't come to toonami to turn off they're brains and stare at some pictures

Welcome to Western adult animation since forever, which is why no one trusts Western attempts at adult action animation.  It’s comedy straight out a Youtube poop or Tumblriffic “We have LBGTQ+ characters, you’re a bigot if you insult the show” like that abomination on SyFy.  All you can do is not watch.

27 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Or do watch. We're not cops, we don't enforce what individual people can and can't like, even if what they like is flawed out the wazoo.

Well in this case I was going off the assumptions that he didn’t care for the show or the type of humor being presented given the complaints being made about said show,, therefore not watching it and letting it get cancelled was preferable.  

This is also why Primal is such a big deal, but Genndy has earned the trust of his viewers over decades.

7 hours ago, Jman said:

Well in this case I was going off the assumptions that he didn’t care for the show or the type of humor being presented given the complaints being made about said show,, therefore not watching it and letting it get cancelled was preferable.  

This is also why Primal is such a big deal, but Genndy has earned the trust of his viewers over decades.

i mean I've never been randomly selected to take part in the nielsen survey so my viewership doesn't count anyways  what i watch makes no difference in a show's performance

Edited by CountFrylock

Well that's kinda shitty honestly. That implies it will even be after Black Clover.

So we're probably looking at this in November.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super
12:30 - Fire Force Season 2
1:00 - Assassination Classroom
1:30 - Black Clover
2:00 - Gemusetto: Death Beats
2:30 - Naruto: Shippuden
3:00 - Demon Slayer

Or... Black Clover does go on a break and SAO is ready to air (or something else).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a significant distrust of Western animated writers for a while now.  It’s always the most surface level parody made by people who despise anime and want it either destroyed or bent to their morals and standards.  And it always looks like crap.  Whiny, butthurt Twitter trolls trying to weave their way into streaming services and usurp the stuff they despise with their own crap, then shout “Racist!” And “homophobe!” when it inevitably flops on its face.

Case in point - 

It is the wrong show, for the wrong block, at the wrong time.