UnevenEdge

Gemusetto Death Beats premieres November 7 during toonami

I'd say Max knows more about anime, actually being a fan of it, than most of the people making parodies of the medium, though considering how the target demos for [as]'s weirder shit don't align with the anime viewership they've been making fun of since Sealab 2021's heyday, I don't blame people for writing it off before it even hits.

In other words, I trust the guy, I plan on liking Death Beat(s) as much as I can, and none of you have hope of stopping me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I'd say Max knows more about anime, actually being a fan of it, than most of the people making parodies of the medium, though considering how the target demos for [as]'s weirder shit don't align with the anime viewership they've been making fun of since Sealab 2021's heyday, I don't blame people for writing it off before it even hits.

In other words, I trust the guy, I plan on liking Death Beat(s) as much as I can, and none of you have hope of stopping me.

I sometimes wonder if Sealab and Adult Swim hanging the “we’re the only game in town!” card over anime fans for a decade has come to royally bite them in the ass over the past few years.

• Like 1

Max is a big weeb but he’s told me Death Beat(s) won’t rely on referential humor. He actually feels the parodies in season 1 were the parts he likes the least.

I get the impression that he’s aiming to make something more like Venture Bros but with a greater emphasis on continuity. The season will tell a complete story and each episode will be like a level in a video game.

Death Beat(s) will be a hell journey for Makasu, kinda like Kratos in God of War. And it seems like people and gods he killed over the years will get their chance for revenge. Considering Makasu is such a dick, he has plenty of soul searching to do.

• Like 2