UnevenEdge

ghost adventures

resurrected

is kind of full of shit.

Zak Bagans is just the worst. 

I don't get why they're the standard bearer for ghost hunters. 

I was looking for a show that fucked with my head back in the early 90's, called Haunted Lives. It came on CBS or ABC. It was creepy as hell. Reenactments. 

But Hulu and Netflix don't have it. I'll search YouTube later, but I don't know if my anxiety will let me watch it. I got the chills just reading about it the other night. 

2 hours ago, resurrected said:

is kind of full of shit.

I was looking for a show that fucked with my head back in the early 90's, called Haunted Lives. It came on CBS or ABC. It was creepy as hell. Reenactments. 

But Hulu and Netflix don't have it. I'll search YouTube later, but I don't know if my anxiety will let me watch it. I got the chills just reading about it the other night. 

Who, besides Zak, is claiming he's the standard bearer?   Certainly not Jason Hawes, though he did say that Zak is better than Tony Spera.

Just now, tsar4 said:

Who, besides Zak, is claiming he's the standard bearer?   Certainly not Jason Hawes, though he did say that Zak is better than Tony Spera.

Most all YouTube ghost hunters I watch, some with millions of subscribers, all mention Ghost Adventures when they are at a location GA has been to. E even did a special inside Bagans's museum of haunted shit. 

I think Ghost Hunters (Taps) lost a lot of their respect when some of their cases were proven to be faked/staged. I used to watch them, but I quit before they stopped airing episodes. 

I did enjoy Ghost Brothers and I forget the name of the group from Tennessee. Ghost Asylum maybe?

• Like 1

The original Ghost Hunters actually pointed out faked crap.  There was a show where Jason was actually po'd when they found out about the carnival mirror in the bathroom and something rigged above a false ceiling.  Then, I think, the production company decided they needed to liven up the show and started making crap up too.

It may have been what led to Grant leaving (who has since started his own group under the "Ghost Hunters" name, Jason, Steve & Tango have "Ghost Nation").  Supposedly, there's no bad blood between Grant & Jason, but one of the initial (new) Ghost Hunters shows had Grant saying how he liked working with "professionals" for a change...or something to that effect.

There used to be a Brit show with a blonde woman.  It seemed that everything was a ghost - to the point where SNL spoofed it with Hugh Laurie hosting.  In the skit, Laurie lets out a fart & audio registers it.  The odor becomes "the ghost doesn't want us in here".  Then the infrared camera picks up the gas cloud behind Laurie - "Look out, the ghost is attacking {Laurie's name).  Meanwhile, Laurie is trying to get them to move on, not wanting anyone to know what really happened.

• Haha 1

I remember not liking that Zack Baggins guy but it was 10 years or so ago and don't remember why. I didn't know Ghost Hunters was done either, but that show really went to shit so I'm not at all surprised. 

58 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

the stupid show

Well, you could always make a good show.

5 hours ago, stilgar said:

I thought this was going to be the fictionalized stories about ghostrek finally splitting someone in half with his giant dong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seight said:

I can't take those shows seriously after South Park torched them.

"THERE'S SOME SORT OF...WARM LIQUID GOING DOWN MY PANTS LEG!"

"OH MY GOD, IT'S HAPPENING TO ME TOO!"

I liked Ghost Hunters when they first came on TV, back in like 04 or 05. But they were like the only one's on TV doing that. But it quickly got old. And dumb. And obviously fake.

12 hours ago, resurrected said:

is kind of full of shit.

Did you ever watch Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction back in the day?

That show scared the crap out of me as a kid

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seight said:

I can't take those shows seriously after South Park torched them.

"THERE'S SOME SORT OF...WARM LIQUID GOING DOWN MY PANTS LEG!"

"OH MY GOD, IT'S HAPPENING TO ME TOO!"

It was the real thing (probably not the show described in the OP) that caused me to not be able to take these shows seriously.

"OMG! I felt something on my back!"

*camera pans to dude lifting up his shirt*

"OMG WHERE DID THAT MARK [scratch] COME FROM???"

"THEY'RE HERE AND ONE OF THEM GOT ME! THEY DON'T WANT US HERE, WE NEED TO GO, NOW!"

*back to the studio*

"This was absolutely remarkable footage. Does it prove ghosts are real? Well, I don't know, but something spectacular sure happened there."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, resurrected said:

Yes, and same.

I wasn't a kid and it didn't scare me, but the NBC series "Ancient Prophecies" (hosted by David McCallum) was interestingly creepy at times.  Especially the Hopi Prophecy Stone and the "I Am America" map segments.

25 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

I wasn't a kid and it didn't scare me, but the NBC series "Ancient Prophecies" (hosted by David McCallum) was interestingly creepy at times.  Especially the Hopi Prophecy Stone and the "I Am America" map segments.

I'll have to look for those. 

Beyond Belief did creep me out, but I wasn't a kid either. 

It takes a lot to creep me out these days though.

Zak Bagans is buying up all the worlds famous cursed and haunted shit too.. Even though most skeptics scoff at shit like annabel the doll for example.. I'm finding Zak Bagans name in the legend of all these cursed items more and more because he buys the shit for publicity and it's starting to piss me off. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Zak Bagans is buying up all the worlds famous cursed and haunted shit too.. Even though most skeptics scoff at shit like annabel the doll for example.. I'm finding Zak Bagans name in the legend of all these cursed items more and more because he buys the shit for publicity and it's starting to piss me off. 

Bagans, unless something changed very recently, does not have Annabel.  Tony Spera, the son-in-law to Ed & Lorraine Warren currently does.  I got the feeling that Zak and Jason Hawes both feel that Spera is using the doll as a cash-cow, now that both is in-laws have passed.  

28 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Bagans, unless something changed very recently, does not have Annabel.  Tony Spera, the son-in-law to Ed & Lorraine Warren currently does.  I got the feeling that Zak and Jason Hawes both feel that Spera is using the doll as a cash-cow, now that both is in-laws have passed.  

I think Ed and Lorraine Warren put on a lot of shit too. I think they overly exaggerated stories to make them more than what they really were. 

14 minutes ago, resurrected said:

I think Ed and Lorraine Warren put on a lot of shit too. I think they overly exaggerated stories to make them more than what they really were. 

No doubt.  I never liked it when Lorraine would appear on any show as the expert.  I much prefer Chip Coffey - I didn't like him when I first saw him on "Psychic Kids...", but his "I'm not taking any BS" attitude grew on me.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 12:02 PM, resurrected said:

is kind of full of shit.

watch paranormal home inspection instead. it’s much worse 

19 minutes ago, argylepancakez said:

watch paranormal home inspection instead. it’s much worse 

I don't think I can handle worse. 

There was a show called Haunted Collector. 

This idiot would go into people's homes and try to find the trigger object that was making the house haunted.

He'd offer to remove the item from the home and place it in his museum.

Basically, dude just ripped people off of expensive items in their homes, and they gladly parted with them. 

1 minute ago, resurrected said:

I don't think I can handle worse. 

There was a show called Haunted Collector. 

This idiot would go into people's homes and try to find the trigger object that was making the house haunted.

He'd offer to remove the item from the home and place it in his museum.

Basically, dude just ripped people off of expensive items in their homes, and they gladly parted with them. 

Yeah, that show stunk.  As good as it could have been, I found it to be boring.

• Like 1

Just now, tsar4 said:

Yeah, that show stunk.  As good as it could have been, I found it to be boring.

I had to give it a shot, even though I laughed at the concept before it started airing. 

I thought right then, I'm in the wrong business. 

I'd be like, you're TV and entertainment center are haunted. Your cookware, your gas stove, your jacuzzi, all haunted. 

8 minutes ago, resurrected said:

I had to give it a shot, even though I laughed at the concept before it started airing. 

I thought right then, I'm in the wrong business. 

I'd be like, you're TV and entertainment center are haunted. Your cookware, your gas stove, your jacuzzi, all haunted. 

I could see someone calling the guy up..."I've got this Dybbuk Box and (click)...hello?".

I just watched some show where a guy got a Dybbuk for his Mom or someone and she got ill & had to spell out "HATE GIFT".  He tried to unload it and the buyer sent it back.  Now others (apparently there's a group of them) are sending theirs to him.  He didn't want them, they just sent them.  Bagans has one in the museum that was supposedly successfully resealed, but I'm not sure if it is one of the remaining ones or from the guy with a bunch of them.

Edited by tsar4

Just now, tsar4 said:

I could see someone calling the guy up..."I've got this Dybbuk Box and (click)...hello?".

I just watched some show where a guy got a Dybbuk for his Mom or someone and she got ill & had to spell out "HATE GIFT".  He tried to unload it and the buyer sent it back.  Now others (apparently there's a group of them are sending theirs to him.  He didn't want them, they just sent them.  Bagans has one in the museum that was supposedly successfully resealed, but I'm not sure if it is one of the remaining ones or from the guy with a bunch of them.

I saw that too. 

Yeah, although I'm not a firm believer in the paranormal, I'm not bringing something like that into my house and try to debunk it either. 

If I ever find proof of the paranormal, it's not going to be through a haunted item that's in my house, and has the potential to stay at my house, even upon removing the object. 

Say what you will but ghost adventures always bust out the newest doohickeys and they always have the best travel itinerary locations. Meanwhile, the new ghost hunters just don't have that mojo it had before, ghost nation had the worse luck of being on some weird tv schedule that I don't even know when it's on. Ghost Brothers was a trip but I think they got cancelled.

1 minute ago, Satou Kazuma said:

Say what you will but ghost adventures always bust out the newest doohickeys and they always have the best travel itinerary locations. Meanwhile, the new ghost hunters just don't have that mojo it had before, ghost nation had the worse luck of being on some weird tv schedule that I don't even know when it's on. Ghost Brothers was a trip but I think they got cancelled.

Ghost Adventures has that network money. 

Ghost Hunters did lose their mojo, and got to where they didn't really leave New England too much.

Ghost Brothers was awesome, and I think they did get cancelled too. Shame, because they were entertaining. 

1 minute ago, Satou Kazuma said:

Yeah, the new Ghost Hunters is pretty meh.  It got even worse when Grant went into the background.  I'm not that enthused with gadgetry - that could be easily manipulated, even if it wasn't done by the group.

4 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Yeah, the new Ghost Hunters is pretty meh.  It got even worse when Grant went into the background.  I'm not that enthused with gadgetry - that could be easily manipulated, even if it wasn't done by the group.

K-2 meters, man. Like, every electronic device couldn't manipulate that device. 

4 hours ago, tsar4 said:

I believe that doll as well as anything he can reasonably afford (which is way too much in the way of "cursed" items) has passed through his hands just about. The list of shit he's bought just because he can, but still does an episode like it legitimately scares him..when it doesn't...is steep.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned