UnevenEdge

Inuyasha sequel Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon

HardcoreHunter

2 minutes ago, Chapinator-800 said:

Ok, but why did everyone from the original series barely age? Miroku & Sango’s kid looks as old as they do. 

Inuyasha and Sesshomaru aren't going to age. Inuyasha was 150 years old before he got pinned to the tree for 50 years. Sesshomaru is 900 years old. As for Sango and Kagome how did you want them to look? Did you want them to have half closed eyes Ara Ara thing going on? 

1588864465652.jpg

39 minutes ago, Chapinator-800 said:

Ok, but why did everyone from the original series barely age? Miroku & Sango’s kid looks as old as they do. 

Aside from Sessh, I'm pretty sure the old cast that was shown off were flashback versions or those scenes were trailer only.

Also technically it'd make sense for some of them to not age too much. Sango was pretty young when she had the kids, in the past I always thought Miroku and Sango were adults, but apparently Sango is either slightly younger than Kagome at 14 or at the same age as her. Miroku I don't quite remember also, but he's apparently around 16-18. The kids story will take place with them being 14, so Sango likely isn't even 30 yet, and on average women age better than men. Kagome finished high school before leaving for Inuyasha, so she'd have been 18, so she'd likely be at minimum 32 assuming Moroha was born within a year of Kagome being with him. Also supposedly with the synopsis for the series Inu and Kagome have been gone for a decade, Moroha being without them. So again, trailer scene is either a flashback or a scene made specifically for the trailer

• 1 month later...

I am more stoked for this series than I probably should be, and I hope I'll actually be able to watch it. I haven't managed to stay current with a show in a year or two so we'll see what happens.  Inuyasha just has too many nostalgia feels for me to not try and watch this.

In regards to the aging controversy, I'm pretty sure what was shown was a flashback and we'll see the characters slightly aged.  But then it's anime, so Kagome and Sango could just have grown massive boobs and still have the same faces...

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, MoistDaddy said:

I heard adult swim was still active on this site. I came here specifically to talk about this. Are Inuyasha and Kagome going to be in this at all?

Apparently they're gone. It's not stated if they're alive or dead, I highly doubt series creator would have killed them off since fans obviously wouldn't take too kindly to that. Cause apparently the new characters haven't seen them in ten years. Though considering the two time periods are connected again, maybe something happened where Kagome and Inuyasha are stuck somewhere else, maybe in a different time.

Just now, Distinct Lunatic said:

Apparently they're gone. It's not stated if they're alive or dead, I highly doubt series creator would have killed them off since fans obviously wouldn't take too kindly to that. Cause apparently the new characters haven't seen them in ten years. Though considering the two time periods are connected again, maybe something happened where Kagome and Inuyasha are stuck somewhere else, maybe in a different time.

I'll still watch. I hope it's just not as bad as the Eureka 7 sequel 🤮

• 3 weeks later...

At the moment the pearls don't make a lot of sense. Like I couldn't see Kagome allowing their daughter to be given something that will make demons want to hunt her. We know that they're going back to the Feudal era at some point since the first episode takes place in the present time where they rescued Towa from a demon and feudal lord. The 2nd and 3rd episodes are recounting things that have already happened. 

1602333826264.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

At the moment the pearls don't make a lot of sense. Like I couldn't see Kagome allowing their daughter to be given something that will make demons want to hunt her. We know that they're going back to the Feudal era at some point since the first episode takes place in the present time where they rescued Towa from a demon and feudal lord. The 2nd and 3rd episodes are recounting things that have already happened. 

1602333826264.jpg

Moroha is best dog girl.

As for the pearls, I watched one guy on youtube that essentially dedicated his channel to Inuyasha/Yashahime there was one video he did that was analyzing the one owl that appears throughout the episodes and what it could mean and symbolize, based around Japanese lore. Don't remember if it was the same video, but he tossed out a theory that the original characters themselves could have been trapped inside those pearls, the girls unaware of that. That one demon got a power up each time he swallowed one, so perhaps its their strength that's making it stronger.

3 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

You know there probably someone in Japan enraged that they are putting 14 year old hags in their anime. 

pkk.JPG

Obviously wanting to do it with real life 13yos and so on is pretty fucked up.

Lately though I've been seeing so many people going on crusades in the anime community about underage characters being sexualized. It's fucking drawings on paper, you'd have more of an argument if the character in question was depicted as a loli, but I've seen so many people that go on a witch hunt for art depicting underage characters, such as a lot of the Shippuden versions of Naruto characters. I work with this one guy that he's very much so militant when it comes to anything anime or video game that sexualizes minors. I can see my haters attacking me right now and twisting my words around, but I'll say it again, it's a drawing of a character that doesn't exist. I feel like people only act like they give a shit cause everyone now of days is competing for virtue points.

38 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

Obviously wanting to do it with real life 13yos and so on is pretty fucked up.

Lately though I've been seeing so many people going on crusades in the anime community about underage characters being sexualized. It's fucking drawings on paper, you'd have more of an argument if the character in question was depicted as a loli, but I've seen so many people that go on a witch hunt for art depicting underage characters, such as a lot of the Shippuden versions of Naruto characters. I work with this one guy that he's very much so militant when it comes to anything anime or video game that sexualizes minors. I can see my haters attacking me right now and twisting my words around, but I'll say it again, it's a drawing of a character that doesn't exist. I feel like people only act like they give a shit cause everyone now of days is competing for virtue points.

Agree, hell you've seen the drama squad get bent out of shape when I post fanart or even stuff that's actually in the anime or manga. Yeah it's entirely some odd socially ethical brownie points system. It's worse when people from the 80s and 90s put on that act. It's like you fuckers lived through the most offensive period of television and the internet, and only now are you getting offended by things like fanart, fanservice/beach episodes etc. I've seen some people online being "upset" over this anime. It's like you cocksuckers must have watched an entirely different series than I did in the past, because Inuyasha has always had stuff like this. 

Inuyasha_3_17.png

tumblr_a8b3f3438a6ffaeec1c2eb563a6afc3a_f7cf5c4f_500.png

Inuyasha_58_1.png

• Like 2

Another thing that throws me off is how aging works in the feudal era. It takes longer for those like Inuyasha to age, but it’s been confirmed that since Kagome decided to live in the past for the next 500 years, she’ll be biologically 18 for the next 500 years. Inuyasha is also over 200 years old so on a physical sense, he’s somewhere in his 20’s. 

It’s easy to see that it’d be creepy on Inuyasha’s end for being more than 172 years older than Kagome, but that would also mean that they tend to scale around 10 human years per 1 feudal  year. Under this logic, it had to be a little less than 140 years that Sesshomaru and Setsuna have spent without Towa while Towa is trapped in the human aging process under Souta’s care in the human world.

On top of that, Kohaku also manages to biologically age within these 140 years, but he isn’t enchanted like the other characters and ages normally throughout the original series.

With all this in mind, do anti-aging rules only apply to Inuyasha, Kagome, and their offspring? Would Towa’s biology be altered by the present day so much that she would age more rapidly than Setsuna? 

5 hours ago, Jiro_Dreams said:

Another thing that throws me off is how aging works in the feudal era. It takes longer for those like Inuyasha to age, but it’s been confirmed that since Kagome decided to live in the past for the next 500 years, she’ll be biologically 18 for the next 500 years. Inuyasha is also over 200 years old so on a physical sense, he’s somewhere in his 20’s. 

It’s easy to see that it’d be creepy on Inuyasha’s end for being more than 172 years older than Kagome, but that would also mean that they tend to scale around 10 human years per 1 feudal  year. Under this logic, it had to be a little less than 140 years that Sesshomaru and Setsuna have spent without Towa while Towa is trapped in the human aging process under Souta’s care in the human world.

On top of that, Kohaku also manages to biologically age within these 140 years, but he isn’t enchanted like the other characters and ages normally throughout the original series.

With all this in mind, do anti-aging rules only apply to Inuyasha, Kagome, and their offspring? Would Towa’s biology be altered by the present day so much that she would age more rapidly than Setsuna? 

Where are you getting all this from?

How is Kagome gonna be young for 500 years, and Setsuna over 140?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Agree, hell you've seen the drama squad get bent out of shape when I post fanart or even stuff that's actually in the anime or manga. Yeah it's entirely some odd socially ethical brownie points system. It's worse when people from the 80s and 90s put on that act. It's like you fuckers lived through the most offensive period of television and the internet, and only now are you getting offended by things like fanart, fanservice/beach episodes etc. I've seen some people online being "upset" over this anime. It's like you cocksuckers must have watched an entirely different series than I did in the past, because Inuyasha has always had stuff like this. 

I remember back in my sophomore year of high school, I'm pretty sure I was 16 at the time of this, but there was this one school friend of mine I had some class with. In that class me, him, and two girls were talking about anime, Inuyasha was brought up, and I mentioned something along the lines of I got into Inuyasha because Kagome was hot, and my friend responds in a completely disgusted way, singling me out by saying "She's 15 dude!" I wanted to slap that motherfucker.

Aside from the fact that it's a fictional character that's a drawing on paper, I was 16 when I said that, and I was 12 back when I started watching Inuyasha on AS. So his statement quite literally was just him trying to get virtue points from the others around him.

The thing I find funny is how so few people seemed to care about any of this until this past year when all the pedos in hollywood and the entertainment industry are getting exposed for being pedos, now it's the trendy thing for them to go on a crusade and seek out anything that can be viewed that way and try to police it.

50 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

I remember back in my sophomore year of high school, I'm pretty sure I was 16 at the time of this, but there was this one school friend of mine I had some class with. In that class me, him, and two girls were talking about anime, Inuyasha was brought up, and I mentioned something along the lines of I got into Inuyasha because Kagome was hot, and my friend responds in a completely disgusted way, singling me out by saying "She's 15 dude!" I wanted to slap that motherfucker.

Aside from the fact that it's a fictional character that's a drawing on paper, I was 16 when I said that, and I was 12 back when I started watching Inuyasha on AS. So his statement quite literally was just him trying to get virtue points from the others around him.

The thing I find funny is how so few people seemed to care about any of this until this past year when all the pedos in hollywood and the entertainment industry are getting exposed for being pedos, now it's the trendy thing for them to go on a crusade and seek out anything that can be viewed that way and try to police it.

"You're into a girl that's a whole SINGLE YEAR YOUNGER than you!??! Have some decency!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jiro_Dreams said:

Time isn't going to freeze for anyone in the past....I don't know why you're thinking that. Kagome for one was 15 not 18, and she still ages. I'm just really confused as to why you thought that she wouldn't age in the past. Inuyasha just ages slower because he's a half demon. Sesshomaru is like 900+ years old. 

I assume what could be brought into question to some degree is the aging process of young demons and half demons. Like does aging only slow down when they reach a stage in puberty? It's probably just one of those things that you aren't really supposed to think about, like with baby yoda. 

As for how much demon the girls have it can actually be more difficult to figure out. For the most part it appears that their Demon and Human sides are not equal. As shown with Jininji sometimes the demon blood is more dominate in an individual than their human blood. Moroha as well is at best only a quarter demon  This also brings into question about what happens to them under a full moon. Are they going to be more like werewolves who become more demonic on a full moon as opposed to Inuyasha who became more human under a full moon.

Jinenji.jpg.e8b8c2a27b736cbd7436263d0f040bc0.jpg

1 hour ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

That would have been around 2009 I'm guessing. Kinda early for social justice points. He was probably more disgusted that you thought a cartoon character was hot. I remember like around 2004 I was watching cowboy bebop. My brother was like "Why do you watch this fag shit it's all dudes just yelling getting sweaty and touching each other" He thought I was watching DBZ. I was like It's not Gay, Faye is hot. My brother was like "dude it's a fucking cartoon". Then he went to his room to watch wrestling a show about big sweaty men who yell and touch each other.... Point being just see some shit as cringe from their point of view, doesn't have anything to do with points. 

Lets try to keep this thread on topic though about the show. 

39 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Time isn't going to freeze for anyone in the past....I don't know why you're thinking that. Kagome for one was 15 not 18, and she still ages. I'm just really confused as to why you thought that she wouldn't age in the past. Inuyasha just ages slower because he's a half demon. Sesshomaru is like 900+ years old. 

I assume what could be brought into question to some degree is the aging process of young demons and half demons. Like does aging only slow down when they reach a stage in puberty? It's probably just one of those things that you aren't really supposed to think about, like with baby yoda. 

As for how much demon the girls have it can actually be more difficult to figure out. For the most part it appears that their Demon and Human sides are not equal. As shown with Jininji sometimes the demon blood is more dominate in an individual than their human blood. Moroha as well is at best only a quarter demon  This also brings into question about what happens to them under a full moon. Are they going to be more like werewolves who become more demonic on a full moon as opposed to Inuyasha who became more human under a full moon.

Jinenji.jpg.e8b8c2a27b736cbd7436263d0f040bc0.jpg

That would be an interesting spin on things, if instead of losing her power once a month, if her being quarter demon instead had an effect where she's more similar to Inuyasha back when the tessaiga broke.

11 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

That would have been around 2009 I'm guessing. Kinda early for social justice points. He was probably more disgusted that you thought a cartoon character was hot. I remember like around 2004 I was watching cowboy bebop. My brother was like "Why do you watch this fag shit it's all dudes just yelling getting sweaty and touching each other" He thought I was watching DBZ. I was like It's not Gay, Faye is hot. My brother was like "dude it's a fucking cartoon". Then he went to his room to watch wrestling a show about big sweaty men who yell and touch each other.... Point being just see some shit as cringe from their point of view, doesn't have anything to do with points. 

Lets try to keep this thread on topic though about the show. 

The funny thing about this former friend of mine is that he's so very much similar to Quackers, even their voices sound so damn similar. The former friend of mine was just an asshole, he always made it a thing where he wanted to be the cool type of nerd. Him being very into things like anime and Star Wars but he always had a smug way of going about it since he wanted to stay part of the cool crowd, he was just a straight up poser, similar to quackers. He also had a similar character arc to quackers, being a bro at first and someone that you can respect, before throwing you under the boss to fit in better with their chosen people.

4 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

.Lets try to keep this thread on topic though about the show. 

Yes please. 

Let's not talk about or post skimpy 'lolis' for the lols or as an attempt at titilation. Age of consent isn't a factor in the sequel as far as I'm aware. 

This has merely been a pre-emptive posting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

Yes please. 

Let's not talk about or post skimpy 'lolis' for the lols or as an attempt at titilation. Age of consent isn't a factor in the sequel as far as I'm aware. 

This has merely been a pre-emptive posting.

Didn't post any loli, but what images have been posted is stuff that's in the show. It's going to be that kind of series it seems. Though yes I'd prefer if topics remained about the show and characters. 

543.JPG

6 hours ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

That would be an interesting spin on things, if instead of losing her power once a month, if her being quarter demon instead had an effect where she's more similar to Inuyasha back when the tessaiga broke.

Genetics works in an odd way compared to how we may think of it in terms of math. In reality we deal with Whole, Half, None. In this case it would be Full Demon, Half Demon, Human. Even though Inuyasha is a Half demon, there is still a chance that his child will be born as either a Full Demon, Half Demon, or Human. Quarter more shows the likelihood of them actually being born a full demon. Each line of a human being born though will dilute the chances. This can happen in breeding dogs. This is why the AKC will only recognize a dog with a standard consistent breed. So if I bread a new dog from using a Lab as a base. For a time there will actually be puppies born that will just be Labs, or Labs that pop up in a litter. It isn't until multiple generations of breeding to get a breed standard is the likely hood of a lab being born is diluted to being nearly impossible.