UnevenEdge

Inuyasha sequel Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon

HardcoreHunter

Ep 20 -

Haha, Towa tried to hug Setsuna but stopped her.  "It's ok, I had Miss Shiori." :)

Shiori.  I remember her appearing in the original series.

So the barrier only works as long as Shiori's powers are active?  I thought it was something just put in place.

Jaken had Ah-Uhn bring Setsuna to the secret half-demon village.  Sesshomaru is a deadbeat dad.  Or I guess he has been in the Sacred Tree the whole time so that Rin doesn't go into a permanent sleep.  I guess Rin is screwed now since Sesshomaru had to leave the tree to protect the girls from Kirinmaru.  I don't know that Rin should have been prioritized over Setsuna though.

So, Setsuna has only lost her memories from before the fire.  How many people can remember much from age 0-4 anyway, though?

Letters being sent.  Probably from Jaken?Wow, Setsuna has been training since 4 years old.

Cut the wind.  Cut the water.  Hmm.

So Shiori loses her powers during a solar eclipse.

Why is Miroku here by himself and didn't bring anyone but Hachi along?

So that naginata came from this Gaga Gozen guy.  Looks like he is a moth demon.

Man that dude got sliced UP.

So this is when the seal got put on, and it is tied to the naginata.  I didn't expect that.  So this means the theory that Setsuna went into a rage in her demon form and killed Miroku's daughter and wasn't able to stop her isn't true.  Although I suppose she could have been killed by some random demon that Miroku wasn't able to stop.  Although that memorial may not be for one of the twin girls.  Who knows who it is for.

That is just a plain human weapon.  I wasn't expecting that.  It's interesting that none of girls' weapons are family heirlooms or specially made for them.  Towa's is a broken reproduction sword (I think Towa wouldn't even need this broken sword to create her energy sword,) and Moroha's sword came from Yawaragi.

So now we have Setsuna's entire history.  But we still weren't told what the scourge of swallows attack is or how it works. *sigh*

Next week, Towa has lost her powers again, and Riku is on a "date" with her?  Stay away from him, Towa!  Why would the rainbow pearls have been born when the Great Dog Demon died?

There was no new dub ep this week.  I wonder if it got delayed because of the power outages in Texas.  I am glad they are over myself.  Probably some of the most unpleasant few days in my life.  I looked and could not find any statement from Funimation about it.

Edited by ben0119

Ep 21 -

So apparently Kirinmaru's group just had the Shikon Jewel at some point, and wasn't using it? 

Why didn't Kirinmaru have a duel with the Great Dog Demon all these hundreds of years?  It's too late now. 

So trying to make that 200 years ago BS from the third movie canon huh?  That movie is not canon!  Neither is this show, either, but still.
So Riku can create gold, summon a sword, and boil water.  He also has super speed or short range teleportation ability.  What else can this guy do? 

So was Zero in love with the Great Dog Demon or just sad that a long lived demon died?  So she wished to no longer be a demon or have emotions, and with the last shed tears she created the seven Rainbow Pearls? 

Eh, does Riku like Towa, really? 

Towa how do you not get that Riku is a shady guy? 

I couldn't tell if Riku was faking how badly he was beaten up in the fight with Totetsu or not.  So at the end he either showed his true power, or it was a desperate attack. 

But, Riku is some sort of puppet doll being? 

DON'T GIVE HIM THE RAINBOW PEARL!  WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! 

LMAO now Towa realizes and regrets giving the pearl to Riku.  Good going!

Edited by ben0119

• 3 weeks later...

Ep 22 -

Spoiler

So this is the first time when Kirinmaru and Toga destroyed the meteor fragment 500 years ago.

Was it a thing before that Toga had the Meido Zangetsuha?

So wait a minute, demons are immortal and won't die of old age?  But Totosai is clearly OLD.  And how long did it take him to get that old?
LOL I need a screenshot of Setsuna and Moroha glaring at each other.

Man, I hope Miroku's powers weren't permanently sapped by Zero.

What?!  Otsuyu is a fake name?!  I'm shocked!

So the silver pearl would have protected Towa from this puppet move?  Well crap lol.

Killing Zero would kill Rin?  And Setsuna has powers from the dream butterfly?  Just what the heck did Zero do to those two.

Pretty epic sequence there with Moroha and Setsuna in their demon forms fighting each other.

Damn, Setsuna used two of those energy whips like Sesshomaru has to attack Towa.  Ouch.

So, if this a different sister than last time, then that means they're both alive?  Then who's grave was Sango praying at?

And looks like this one trained as a monk.  I wonder if the other twin trained as a demon slayer, or she just chose to live a normal life.

Training of the blood blade, Totosai?  What?

Yeah Setsuna hasn't been able to suppress her blood yet, Sesshomaru.  Why don't you help her, you bum!

I don't know why I didn't think about it before until I saw someone else say it a while back, but the fragment was destroyed 500 years ago by Kirinmaru and Toga, then recently by Inuyasha and

Sesshomaru.  500 years in the future would be present day... and there it is.

And what do you know, the people suspicious of the teacher were right too.  So, that must be some ridiculous disguise.  Could the teacher be Riku or Kirinmaru in disguise?

Next episode.  Hoo boy, that looks good.  The Three Princesses Strike Back lol.

Ep 23 -

Spoiler

So, is Towa's teacher in the present day really Kirinmaru?  REALLY?

Windmill of Time... Akuru and their pinwheel.  Was there any hint of this at all before?  Could this be used to change past events?  With the Sacred well, it really only seems to be able to go back and forth, and you can't change history or undo stuff.

So this is where Toga died.  And Riku used the ashes of the battlefield that contained some of his demon powers to stop the Crimson Backlash Wave.
All seven pearls are here.  And yes, it was really stupid to give Riku the silver pearl!

A "blood blade."  Hmm.

Well, so much for Zero...

Heh, and getting trolled by Sesshomaru's mother on the way to the afterlife.

Sessbomaru you JACKASS.  You seriously used Tenseiga on Zero, undoing your daughter's victory, and making Zero even more of a threat?!  Sure, it keeps Rin alive, but you're saving Rin at the expense of your daughters.  Just let Rin go.  She's already died twice.  I'm pretty sure she was supposed to die a long time ago.

And now Zero has destroyed Tenseiga.  Though Zero probably didn't know that it can only be used to bring someone back to life once, so it's not like Sesshomaru could use it to bring her back to life again anyway.

Great, and now Kirinmaru is here.

I don't like the looks of the next episode preview at all.  It says it's the last episode, at least for now. 

A giant crater, and I can see Towa and Moroha laid out.  Then Towa crawls up to Setsuna's dead body?!  Is the show really going to kill Setsuna?!

Ep 24 -

Spoiler

Had no attachment to Tenseiga.  Sure, whatever you say.

So now Zero and Kirinmaru have had a falling out.  Kirinmaru thinks Zero's behavior is pathetic and dishonorable.

BAHAHA Kirinmaru scattered the pearls like the Dragon Balls!

Riku betraying Kirinmaru.  I guess he was on Zero's side all along.

Rite of Courage and Cowardice bullshit.  Get your ass back here, Sesshomaru.  These girls aren't ready to fight Kirinmaru yet.

Ok so what the hell was the point of Kirinmaru having that mask again?  Hiding his identity seemed pointless.  I don't think he looks more like the teacher now either.  The teacher probably has more of a disguise than Kirinmaru does with his mask.

You should have left a long time ago, Totosai.  You'll definitely be too late.

Smart by the three girls to pull out all the stops right from the beginning of the fight.  Other anime protagonists should take note.  Although unfortunately it doesn't seem to be enough.

Well that is a human weapon Setsuna is using, Kirinmaru, so it wouldn't be enough to kill you anyway.  Even if it is tied to her demon powers.

Damn it, destroyed her weapon, and also inflicted a major wound.  Damn you, Kirinmaru.  Setsuna is not looking good.  Is she really going to die at this point?!

Well, Kirinmaru is really going to pay now.

It looked like Riku's sword did have some powers, which Kirinmaru was able to use, but it's been destroyed now.  And it looks like Kirinmaru has some barrier abilities.

What the heck is going on now?  Are they inside the Meido Zangetsuha?  It looked like Kirinmaru transported them into space, though.

Very impressive attacks by Towa and Moroha.  They have upgraded considerably.  And now both have transformed, and seem to be remaining mostly in control in these forms.  And I guess maybe now we know why Towa was given short hair.  So this transformation would be more dramatic.

These sword powers of Towa and Moroha have almost become like Stands.  They are definitely extending their range, in any case.

Damn, even after all that, it still wasn't enough to kill Kirinmaru.  But now he's expressing regret that Zero destroyed Tenseiga, because they could use it to bring back Setsuna?  But he's the one who killed her!

And Kirinmaru is going to leave instead of finishing off Towa and Moroha?  It sounds like he has gone from wanting them dead, to wanting to keep them around so he can have a good fight.  Or maybe Kirinmaru has a death wish.  Then again, he did seem to take some decent damage in this fight.  Maybe he is no longer in any condition to do anything else.

You're late Sesshomaru, and you never should have left to begin with.  Can somebody even be brought back by Tenseiga after all this time?  Plus it's been broken in half.  Unless Sesshomaru thinks Towa can complete the blade with her demon energy like she does her own sword, and Tenseiga would still work??

So I guess a new sword was going to be born, but Setsuna is dead now.  So, so much for that.

Production of next season confirmed.  I'm not surprised.  And I had a feeling this wouldn't be done in just 24 episodes anyway.  Though I wasn't sure how long this was going to be.  I thought maybe it would be 48-52 episodes long in one go, and then done.  Clearly that isn't the case.  But, we will just have to wait and see how long this show will be.  I feel like a movie or 3-6 episodes could finish this story.  I don't know what would be done with 24 or even 12-13 more episodes.  All the Perils are already dead, after all.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-03-20/yashahime-princess-half-demon-tv-anime-gets-part-ii-sequel/.170854