UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode #88 (425) SEASON 4 GRAND FINALE Discussion!!!!

This plot point of endeavor being considered for the number one hero spot and ultimately proving himself to be fit for the position should have way sooner in the story( like right  around or after after almight's fight with oneforall) though I think it was the author finally remembering that endeavor existed as a character

5 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

This plot point of endeavor being considered for the number one hero spot and ultimately proving himself to be fit for the position should have way sooner in the story( like right  around or after after almight's fight with oneforall) though I think it was the author finally remembering that endeavor existed as a character

This, I hear, is what the next arc will chiefly be about. But the cliffhanger with Deku's dream makes me think it won't be all about that.

It seemed odd that Endeavor is randomly getting focus now with no build up.

And yeah a bad start to redemption story.  Giving flowers and trying to woo his ex-wife is classic abuser tactic and doesn't come off well at all.  And didn't Endeavor never love her to begin with and was only using her to breed heroes?  So what sort of relationship is he even trying to restore?

Yeah things happening off-screen is pretty lame.

We see this battle showing Endeavor giving his all to stop a villain and protect people.  But, that's his job.  He can save people still be an asshole.  He's already done this when the show was still trying to portray him as an asshole.  So I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish.

And there is nothing wrong with his character being like that either.  The show has tried to establish from early on that not all heroes are good people.  And honestly I'd rather have Endeavor be put in his place than redeemed.

So yeah again it's a bad start to a redemption story.  But it's only one episode and hopefully it will improve.  The author did such a good job with Bakugo's development.  I'd hate to see him bungle it here.

• Like 1

And now that it's over on the West Coast, here's the only review this week. Take heart; there won't even be ONE next week or the week after! (Black Clover reviews will return July 18th)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/my-hero-academia/episode-88/.158064 

Rating: 4 stars. Good season finale, but it could have been better. And it will be interesting to see if Endeavor really IS Quirkless like Mirio now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I mean he'd have to for the number of kids he has

Well yeah, I just meant that it sounded like he treated her like that all the time because I thought the show was showing that his constant shitty treatment of her is what kept pushing her until she snapped.

Edited by DangerMouse

34 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

And now that it's over on the West Coast, here's the only review this week. Take heart; there won't even be ONE next week or the week after! (Black Clover reviews will return July 18th)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/my-hero-academia/episode-88/.158064 

Rating: 4 stars. Good season finale, but it could have been better. And it will be interesting to see if Endeavor really IS Quirkless like Mirio now.

i really doubt that....It'd be really stupid for them to do this entire thing to prove endeavor's worthy of being The Number One Hero and then take his quirk away

The thing to keep in mind with Endeavor's redemption is that this wasn't it. This mini arc is just day one of a long road to him trying to become a decent person. He didn't just flip a switch to instantly win the World's Best Dad award. His kids didn't want to watch him get murdered by a monster, but that doesn't necessarily mean they've forgiven him for his past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So last time, Endeavor proved he wasn’t public symbol material.  Also in the past the world was menaced by...Destro.

Today we learned that Endeavor is still not public symbol material, but that’s all the world has.  Sort of like in continuities where Superman is dead and it’s up to the C listers to handle stuff.  It’s not great, but it’s the best the world has, this short tempered Human Torch.

Speaking of...

Spoiler

Next begins the saga of the past One For All users and their quirks.  I continue to be willing to bet they will likely give Deku all the powers of the Man Of Steel by the time this is over and done with.

Randomly woke up in the morning and wasn't able to get back to bed right away so I was flipping channels and randomly came across the band that did MHA's second season 4 ending theme playing the song on NHK.  It was a show interviewing two relatively new bands and I was like this song sounds familiar! lol

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/2080012/

"Shout Baby" performance at 24:23

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 3