UnevenEdge

Warren Ellis, Castlevania head writer and creator of upcoming Crunchyroll anime accused of sexual coercion

Jman

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

High Guardian Spice is still coming, even though everyone and their grandmother knows Kate Leth flaunted her affair with a man dying of cancer on Twitter for the world to see.

I'm confused. How did your brain equate the two? A sexual predator and being involved in an affair are two completely different things. So what if the dude had cancer? A cheater is a cheater and deserves most of the blame in those situations. I'm also guessing this was a long time ago too, so what were you expecting, a lifetime ban for being the other woman in a relationship? 

• Like 1

As much as I dislike Leth, Ellis apparently copped to being a coercing sex pest.  That’s significantly worse in the eyes of society and the law.

Not like Castlevania was ever going to get to the good stuff anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think others are capable of writing for Castlevania, why would they cancel it?

Ellis is the executive producer and he’s credited for concept creation.  The show has to die to deny him royalties.

Edited by Jman

15 hours ago, Jman said:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/warren-ellis-response/

Castlevania is probably cancelled, and it’s a question mark if the Crunchyroll anime sees the light of day.

if the crunchyroll anime you're reffering to is High Guardian Spice...maybe the reason for the show's delay is because he injected sexist shit into it and the "all female writing staff"  don't want anyone to see it

Just now, mochi said:

if the crunchyroll anime you're reffering to is High Guardian Spice...maybe the reason for the show's delay is because he injected sexist shit into it and the "all female writing staff"  don't want anyone to see it

No, I’m not actually.  Ellis was getting an adaption of a comic he made called FreakAngels to be a Crunchyroll exclusive.

https://www.cbr.com/freakangels-warren-ellis-comic-joins-crunchyroll-original-anime-lineup/

Key word is probably “was.”

1 minute ago, Jman said:

No, I’m not actually.  Ellis was getting an adaption of a comic he made called FreakAngels to be a Crunchyroll exclusive.

https://www.cbr.com/freakangels-warren-ellis-comic-joins-crunchyroll-original-anime-lineup/

Key word is probably “was.”

yeah I looked it up after posting that

and now I feel the need to ask the following

why the fuck are you people so damn hateful and obsessed with High Guardian spice?, the show doesn't even fucking exist find something better to do with your time and attention than shitting on a lost show that's never coming out just because women wrote it >_>

I didn’t even mention it here.  I figured it was newsworthy to go “Hey, this guy who made the Castlevania show was outed as a sex pest, so don’t be surprised when his projects are cancelled.”

Just now, Ric said:

I know nothing about High Guardian Spice other than the title, the only Crunchyroll original I recall seeing promos for is Tower of God.

HGS was a show crunchyroll announced bragging about how progressive it was because it had an all female writing staff (even though it doesn't because the creator is a transgender man), anitubers and certain members of this forum then decided the show was a personal attack against all manhood and must be destroyed

so Crunchyroll allowed it to finish production...then never released it, and it's writing staff have been throwing a ton of hints that the show has been shelved forever and is never going to see any form of release unless they leak it themselves one day

Loud House I think is still going and has spinoffs despite the creator being fired by Nick. I forget if he had sexual misconduct or if it was over the incest comic he made in the past called Eddie Puss, about a cat that wants to bang his mom.  

As for a show like guardian spice it had a lot against it. It was the first animation announced on a format dedicated to Japanese Anime; and people wanted their money to go towards buying and translating more anime not making western cartoons in the style of anime. Second the reveal video was horrible. They talked as if they were Steven Universe into it's 3rd season when they hadn't even had a full pilot episode made. The diversity comment and showing a room full of women with like two guys that use a lot of hair product and skin moisturizers; sent more of a message of selectivity than diversity.  Also the woman in charge said outright that she wanted an all female crew just sounds bad. It would be like a guy saying he want's only men to work on his show, which is also viewed as bad among the shit you can't say anymore category.  

Never really had a problem that it was created by a woman though. I like FMA and Sailor Moon and those were made by women. I liked early Steven Universe before they really went to shit after the cluster arc.

As for Castlevania it might still have a chance because it is a recognized IP. Guardian Spice needed to build a brand from the ground up. Castlevania has over 30 years worth of marketing and a fanbase that is already invested in the franchise. Though it really depends on if Crunchy would rather uphold the image of being "fake woke" or capitalize on profit. 

A real thing though that I think needs to be figured out is why the fuck are all these liberal arts majors trying to molest their staff? Is this actual sexual misconduct or is it like that super bowl ad where a boss pats a female worker on the shoulder and tells her good job, then she looks like he just slapped her ass and looks at the camera saying something like (silence is not consent). If anything shit like this is why anime should stay in Japan. Apparently western studios can't go a fucking week without someone putting out a sexist video or molesting a coworker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Loud House I think is still going and has spinoffs despite the creator being fired by Nick. I forget if he had sexual misconduct or if it was over the incest comic he made in the past called Eddie Puss, about a cat that wants to bang his mom.  

He had harassment allegations. Not John K. level but he liked to talk in great detail about sex with his female coworkers and try to convince them to send naked photos of themselves. He also kissed one of them without consent.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

As for a show like guardian spice it had a lot against it. It was the first animation announced on a format dedicated to Japanese Anime; and people wanted their money to go towards buying and translating more anime not making western cartoons in the style of anime. Second the reveal video was horrible. They talked as if they were Steven Universe into it's 3rd season when they hadn't even had a full pilot episode made. The diversity comment and showing a room full of women with like two guys that use a lot of hair product and skin moisturizers; sent more of a message of selectivity than diversity.  Also the woman in charge said outright that she wanted an all female crew just sounds bad. It would be like a guy saying he want's only men to work on his show, which is also viewed as bad among the shit you can't say anymore category.  

Never really had a problem that it was created by a woman though. I like FMA and Sailor Moon and those were made by women. I liked early Steven Universe before they really went to shit after the cluster arc.

As for Castlevania it might still have a chance because it is a recognized IP. Guardian Spice needed to build a brand from the ground up. Castlevania has over 30 years worth of marketing and a fanbase that is already invested in the franchise. Though it really depends on if Crunchy would rather uphold the image of being "fake woke" or capitalize on profit. 

A real thing though that I think needs to be figured out is why the fuck are all these liberal arts majors trying to molest their staff? Is this actual sexual misconduct or is it like that super bowl ad where a boss pats a female worker on the shoulder and tells her good job, then she looks like he just slapped her ass and looks at the camera saying something like (silence is not consent). If anything shit like this is why anime should stay in Japan. Apparently western studios can't go a fucking week without someone putting out a sexist video or molesting a coworker. 

Any job that needs networking to get a leg up in is rife with this because these are the joys of living in a patriarchal society. Too many men do not undertsand that most women just want to work in peace without being pestered. Announcing that projects are made entirely up of women isn't for you. It's mostly for other women. I know it's shocking to have this teeny tiny thing not specifically marketed to you, but you'll live. Meanwhile, people like me have to always keep track of which companies let behavior like this slide and hope I can hear early rumors in time. I haven't been burned by rumors once. It takes guts to leak out bad behavior and since there are no great benefits to this, people are usually not full of shit or exaggerating about their experiences. They tend to understate what's been happening, and then full-blown accusations come out because that behavior has gone on for an extended period of time and more people have been affected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

Any job that needs networking to get a leg up in is rife with this because these are the joys of living in a patriarchal society. Too many men do not undertsand that most women just want to work in peace without being pestered. Announcing that projects are made entirely up of women isn't for you. It's mostly for other women. I know it's shocking to have this teeny tiny thing not specifically marketed to you, but you'll live. Meanwhile, people like me have to always keep track of which companies let behavior like this slide and hope I can hear early rumors in time. I haven't been burned by rumors once. It takes guts to leak out bad behavior and since there are no great benefits to this, people are usually not full of shit or exaggerating about their experiences. They tend to understate what's been happening, and then full-blown accusations come out because that behavior has gone on for an extended period of time and more people have been affected.

So you pretty much are saying that it's okay for sexisim in an industry if it's to help women because you feel women are owed it.  Really the joke of the video was the diversity part. Like we have a staff with blue streaks in their hair and pink streaks we're very diverse; is like Trump saying his voter base is diverse by having both rednecks and hillbillies. It's just really patting yourself on the back for winning the race when the starting gun hasn't even been fired yet. That's why I had no problem when Steven Universe made a video that Crunchy was blatant in trying to copy. SU actually had seasons and a large fanbase under its belt when it made the video with Rebecca talking about her show. Star vs and Owl house also have female created shows that star female main characters. Really like the owl house so far, star was good till the last season, they really dropped the ball.  

As for the sexual misconduct stuff, yeah I know it happens. That's why I said wtf is up with all of the cases the past few years; is there a problem in the industry why all these liberal arts grads are suddenly molesting their coworkers. I was more just saying that the type of sexual harassment that the media is propagating today is shoulder touching as the worst thing a superior can do to someone that works for them. As opposed to the 90s when a boss would say dress sexy or you're fired. I mean the woman in the shoulder touching ad looks so disturbed by a light shoulder touch and being told good job. It's like her boss just pulled his dick out and slapped it on her shoulder, or yanked her bra strap. Though that's why I asked what the extent was, because today sexual harassment has become a very broad term that houses everything from inappropriate comments to pretty much molestings and rape. 
 appropriate-touch-in-the-workplace.jpg

• D'oh 1

Ellis’ is accused (and apparently confessed to) forcing women to enter relationships with him in exchange for jobs.  Said relationships included sex.

That’s coercion 101.  And the man deserves to have his stupid little vampire show cancelled.

4 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

So you pretty much are saying that it's okay for sexisim in an industry if it's to help women because you feel women are owed it.  Really the joke of the video was the diversity part. Like we have a staff with blue streaks in their hair and pink streaks we're very diverse; is like Trump saying his voter base is diverse by having both rednecks and hillbillies. It's just really patting yourself on the back for winning the race when the starting gun hasn't even been fired yet. That's why I had no problem when Steven Universe made a video that Crunchy was blatant in trying to copy. SU actually had seasons and a large fanbase under its belt when it made the video with Rebecca talking about her show. Star vs and Owl house also have female created shows that star female main characters. Really like the owl house so far, star was good till the last season, they really dropped the ball.  

As for the sexual misconduct stuff, yeah I know it happens. That's why I said wtf is up with all of the cases the past few years; is there a problem in the industry why all these liberal arts grads are suddenly molesting their coworkers. I was more just saying that the type of sexual harassment that the media is propagating today is shoulder touching as the worst thing a superior can do to someone that works for them. As opposed to the 90s when a boss would say dress sexy or you're fired. I mean the woman in the shoulder touching ad looks so disturbed by a light shoulder touch and being told good job. It's like her boss just pulled his dick out and slapped it on her shoulder, or yanked her bra strap. Though that's why I asked what the extent was, because today sexual harassment has become a very broad term that houses everything from inappropriate comments to pretty much molestings and rape. 
 appropriate-touch-in-the-workplace.jpg

I'm too tired to deal with stupid people right now, so I'm going back to writing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

I'm trying to finish up a book for release, so my brain is too swamped to remember all the board crazies.

Me - Sexism is wrong 

You - You're an idiot, but if I try to defend my view it will look like I'm sexist

Pretty much the take away from that. Sorry that you're so closed minded; maybe one day you'll be more accepting of other people for their diversity rather than focusing on selective demographics. 

• D'oh 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 8:55 PM, DragonSinger said:

I'm confused. How did your brain equate the two? A sexual predator and being involved in an affair are two completely different things. So what if the dude had cancer? A cheater is a cheater and deserves most of the blame in those situations. I'm also guessing this was a long time ago too, so what were you expecting, a lifetime ban for being the other woman in a relationship? 

The only thing he ever has sex with are girls' used masks.  So he wouldn't have much experience with any kind of sexual activity, period.

Edited by ben0119

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

The only thing he ever has sex with are girls' used masks.  So he wouldn't have much experience with any kind of sexual activity, period.

I don't know whether to be offended by your assumptions towards my knowledge/lack thereof of sexual activity, confused over whether you're being genuine or sarcastic about it, slightly amused by the dig at my masking fetish, or just disbelieving that you responded to a three week-old post just to express your disdain for me as a person.

I may have Asperger's, but I also have two Master's degrees and enough understanding of social cues to know what's acceptable and what isn't. Fuck off with this "Poke is stupid and a creepy pervert" bullshit.

Edited by PokeNirvash

That website wasn’t even all the accusations.

Netflix, Frederator Studios, Powerhouse animation, and Crunchyroll have all be silent.  Silent.  Yeah, sure, “you’re canceled!  #XIsOverParty!”  Yeah, until it’s a show Twitter likes because it has lesbian vampires or whatever the fuck.  Just like how The Dragon Prince production was toxic as hell, abusive, but the fans go “#GiveUsTheSaga!”  Shove the saga right up your ass and give the money to a Japanese studio.  The writers probably won’t be demanding sex for jobs.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Jman said:

Pretty sure they can just buy him out if he's willing to sell the rights and property. He can refuse to sell but he'd have to know no one is going to work with him again.