UnevenEdge

Fire Force season 2 confirmed - First visual revealed

Jman

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2019/12/27/fire-force-season-2-2020-anime-funimation/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=org-social&utm_campaign=fire-force&utm_content=season-2-announcement-blog&utm_term=

Despite a very tumultuous release including real life tragedies and comparisons to Trigger’s most Trigger production yet in Promare, the show has done well enough to secure a second season.

• Like 2

The show did well enough to justify another season.  Which probably means we’ll see it edited on Toonami a few months after it shows up unedited on FUNiNow.

If we were solely measuring quality would we be on SAO number what, four?  Five?  

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jman said:

If we were solely measuring quality would we be on SAO number what, four?  Five?  

Funny you mention that, because I was recently reminiscing about my early Toonami fandom days when I watched SAO, thought it sucked, and liked to casually bash it. A number of things since then have made me seen the light, and I sure am glad I don't do that anymore.

As for this series, I stopped watching it after the sixth episode. It's a textbook case of how good animation and production design doesn't excuse a bad story... although I guess it's attracted lots of fans in spite of that.

5 hours ago, Blatch said:

Funny you mention that, because I was recently reminiscing about my early Toonami fandom days when I watched SAO, thought it sucked, and liked to casually bash it. A number of things since then have made me seen the light, and I sure am glad I don't do that anymore.

As for this series, I stopped watching it after the sixth episode. It's a textbook case of how good animation and production design doesn't excuse a bad story... although I guess it's attracted lots of fans in spite of that.

I've got your good story right here pal.

ba4280878e3f79409c3ec8f4fca02273.jpeg?33

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2019 at 4:11 PM, Daos said:

It's watchable and not horrible or anything... but the two words that come to mind when I think of this show are mediocre and forgettable.

And this is not a surprise when Black Clover was given an infinity episode run.

It is fine for Okubo to tell a completely different kind of story with Fire Force than he did with Soul Eater, with a different tone and art style, atmosphere etc.  I don't think creatives should be put in a box to just make one kind of story.  That said, the writing should at least be good. 

But for whatever it's worth, after a good introduction, but some stumbles with the rushed clumsiness of the Hibana and Rekka arcs, ever since the arc where Benimaru and his company were introduced the writing has been pretty solid.  Hopefully it can continue that trend of quality.

Black Clover is way better than a lot of people will give it credit for and has only gotten better over its run.  It's also arguably better executed that a lot of the shows that inspire it.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ben0119 said:

But for whatever it's worth, after a good introduction, but some stumbles with the rushed clumsiness of the Hibana and Rekka arcs, ever since the arc where Benimaru and his company were introduced the writing has been pretty solid.  Hopefully it can continue that trend of quality.

Yeah, that's where I am too. I think it's turned it around very nicely after hitting a hard bump in those two arcs (almost more like rushed stories than arcs even, since they were over so quick and the transitions between them were jumpy too) after the introduction. I feel like ever since we made it passed those two parts and notably introduced a main enemy force with the White-Clad, at the end of the Rekka story, when they showed up to silence him and try to destroy the evidence, it's had much better flow (and considerably smoother mix of the comedy/Tamaki-service and tension) and finally found itself and been quite good IMO, got me back on-board with the show and really enjoying it again.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2019 at 8:02 PM, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, that's where I am too. I think it's turned it around very nicely after hitting a hard bump in those two arcs (almost more like rushed stories than arcs even, since they were over so quick and the transitions between them were jumpy too) after the introduction. I feel like ever since we made it passed those two parts and notably introduced a main enemy force with the White-Clad, at the end of the Rekka story, when they showed up to silence him and try to destroy the evidence, it's had much better flow (and considerably smoother mix of the comedy/Tamaki-service and tension) and finally found itself and been quite good IMO, got me back on-board with the show and really enjoying it again.

Yeah, those really should have been longer.  Not saying we needed a huge arc of them fighting Hibana's company, but they roflstomp through them and then Hibana has an epiphany after ONE PUNCH hahaha.  We were barely introduced to Rekka's company when he goes crazy and turns on Tamaki and starts trying to kill kids.  Then the whole thing of his relationship with Tamaki was shown after the fact.  Not great. 

But yes, since then it has been a lot better and better balance, like you said.  The only kind of silly thing recently, was making up the Nether concept in the same episode as showing a flashback why Shinra knows about it, and then saying that's where the White Clad base is.  It is said that White Clad base is found off-screen by Licht with "clues and evidence," which was kind of ehh, but we know he has been doing mysterious things behind the scenes with Joker, and we don't know what their true motives and allegiances are, so it's likely they knew where the base was a while ago and Licht just said that.  Last episode was pretty great, in any case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2019 at 2:11 PM, Daos said:

It's watchable and not horrible or anything... but the two words that come to mind when I think of this show are mediocre and forgettable.

And this is not a surprise when Black Clover was given an infinity episode run.

I agree....it's like...*one of* the most generic things I think I've seen out of recent anime

10 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Let me fix your link for you: https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2019/08/18/tamaki-kotatsu-ero-gallery-all-fired-up/

(WARNING: If you really don't want to see hentai fanart of Tamaki, avoid clicking the link, even out of morbid curiosity.)

Link works fine here, but some links don't work for some people sometimes, then they randomly work other times.

17 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Let me fix your link for you: https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2019/08/18/tamaki-kotatsu-ero-gallery-all-fired-up/

(WARNING: If you really don't want to see hentai fanart of Tamaki, avoid clicking the link, even out of morbid curiosity.)

Oh and that link that was working fine for me yesterday? Now it doesn't work and I can't see the picture I posted. So lol?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ric said:

If that's the witch with the abs I've some of her without seeing the show.

They're trying to sell you on the show using the one level above a loli "character" who exists solely be to groped by male characters.

If you enjoy every fight scene she's even remotely close to be stopped to a halt to watch a child get sexually assaulted then she's the character for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Daos said:

Oh and that link that was working fine for me yesterday? Now it doesn't work and I can't see the picture I posted. So lol?

That site does not allow hotlinking. I have found this out in the female hotness thread. lol

3 hours ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

They're trying to sell you on the show using the one level above a loli "character" who exists solely be to groped by male characters.

If you enjoy every fight scene she's even remotely close to be stopped to a halt to watch a child get sexually assaulted then she's the character for you!

That uh...sounds pretty dumb. 

• Haha 1