UnevenEdge

Merging [as] into Toonami folder (and general public input on the state of the toonami folder *UPDATED W/POLL*)

Raptorpat

Discussing the Toonami Folder  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an opinion on meeting Toonami & [as] folders?

• Merge!
    • Don't Merge!
    • Cold Indifference!
  2. 2. Do you have an opinion on evolving the block discussion threads?

• Keep the weekly episode discussion threads as-is!
    • Do show discussion threads instead of episode threads!
    • Do weekly block megathreads instead of episode threads!
    • Do a combination of #2 and #3!
    • Other (I will explain in a post)!

It occurred to me the other day what the ASMB message board's Adult Swim Action/Toonami folder had but the UEMB message board lacks (until tonight)...

CHARACTER FAN CLUB THREADS!!!

With this in mind, tonight I am introducing 3 Fan Club threads to the Toonami folder, one for each of the 3 flagship shows' most famous characters:

- "Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA!!! - The All Might Fan Club Thread!"

- "ONE PUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!! - The Saitama Fan Club Thread"

- "Get Excited For SCIENCE!!! - The Senku Fan Club Thread!"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It occurred to me the other day what the ASMB message board's Adult Swim Action/Toonami folder had but the UEMB message board lacks (until tonight)...

CHARACTER FAN CLUB THREADS!!!

With this in mind, tonight I am introducing 3 Fan Club threads to the Toonami folder, one for each of the 3 flagship shows' most famous characters:

- "Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA!!! - The All Might Fan Club Thread!"

- "ONE PUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!! - The Saitama Fan Club Thread"

- "Get Excited For SCIENCE!!! - The Senku Fan Club Thread!"

The lack of interest for fan club threads was the first big sign that the old AS boards were going down the tubes. No one was on the boards to actually LOVE what the boards were about, it was all about heckling and toxicity.

Anyway https://unevenedge.com/topic/47115-nezuko-fan-club/

Edited by elfie

18 hours ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

thanks for the additional ideas on folder stuff, def gonna think about a couple of these.

(also horror is a temp folder for Halloween, gonna shut it down when I get around to it)

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd like to actually see the front page of this site and not have my brain explode for once.

Edited by MasqueradeOverture
  • Haha 1

I've never really cared for character fan clubs, to be honest. If you ask me what we should bring back, it should be "things characters from insert show here wouldn't say". I remember that specific thread for Eva was huuuuuge (and I remember liking the Code Geass one quite a bit too).

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I've never really cared for character fan clubs, to be honest. If you ask me what we should bring back, it should be "things characters from insert show here wouldn't say". I remember that specific thread for Eva was huuuuuge (and I remember liking the Code Geass one quite a bit too).

Eva characters wouldn't say is when I started writing funny skits. Then that branched to the bleach one and Elfie and I ended up making a comic....For the last 8 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Eva characters wouldn't say is when I started writing funny skits. Then that branched to the bleach one and Elfie and I ended up making a comic....For the last 8 years.

The comic is to my knowledge the biggest thing from the boards that has taken on a life of its own.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 8:44 PM, Jman said:

For all our quirks and stereotypes, I do like to think we’re all a lot more mature than the kids that first used the ASMB.  We grew up, graduated, got jobs, experienced triumphs and tragedies, realized how dumb the internet tough guy act was, and we mellowed out.  There should be some separation, no separation at all doomed the old ASMB, but Anime and Toonami should be fine together.

i kinda agree with that

• 1 month later...