UnevenEdge

So what's the next holiday?

nameraka

1 minute ago, wacky1980 said:

mother's day is in like 3 weeks. would you shit on your mother?

FUCK...Thanks Wacko....I mean legitimately thanks.  I'm going home for my sister's wedding on may 25th (leaving the 22nd to go) but if Mother's day comes before that I will need to prep.....Even though she includes my December BDay with Christmas, I better not fuck with Mother's day.

• Like 1

Just now, CryingFreeman said:

FUCK...Thanks Wacko....I mean legitimately thanks.  I'm going home for my sister's wedding on may 25th (leaving the 22nd to go) but if Mother's day comes before that I will need to prep.....Even though she includes my December BDay with Christmas, I better not fuck with Mother's day.

5/12 write that shit down. do not fuck with the mother's day.

• Haha 1

Just now, discolemonade said:

also...for those that like to buy cut flowers. don't. 

get her a lovely plant, with a beautiful larger planter. 

that's way better, than some dead flowers in a week. 

aztec healing clay, potted plants, and whatever the kiddos pick out. every year.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, discolemonade said:

also...for those that like to buy cut flowers. don't. 

get her a lovely plant, with a beautiful larger planter. 

that's way better, than some dead flowers in a week. 

MY mom doesn't want flowers....She wants food....I send her a card with Chili's gift cards (she likes it and I don't argue)

But no....Plants of any kind is a nono....My mother killed a presumably 200 year old pecan tree in my grand mother's yard.....I was a child, so I don't know how true this is, or if it's even possible....But it's one of those stories, ya know.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CryingFreeman said:

MY mom doesn't want flowers....She wants food....I send her a card with Chili's gift cards (she likes it and I don't argue)

But no....Plants of any kind is a nono....My mother killed a presumably 200 year old pecan tree in my grand mother's yard.....I was a child, so I don't know how true this is, or if it's even possible....But it's one of those stories, ya know.

well...if she likes the gift card...then that's all the matters. 

and, i got blamed for all kinds of shit growing up. 

Just now, discolemonade said:

i love all the plants. 

my wife was not good with potted plants until after we got married. she'd plant annuals outside every spring, and that just burned my ass. why not plant perennials? buy them once, enjoy them every year? or put that shit in pots and bring it inside in the winter (we're zone 5b so pretty much everything dies in the winter). now we have a couple dozen pots that come in every winter and go back out every spring, plus flower beds full of either returning plants or plants that seed out for re-use every year. makes this former farmer happy.

• Like 2

Just now, wacky1980 said:

my wife was not good with potted plants until after we got married. she'd plant annuals outside every spring, and that just burned my ass. why not plant perennials? buy them once, enjoy them every year? or put that shit in pots and bring it inside in the winter (we're zone 5b so pretty much everything dies in the winter). now we have a couple dozen pots that come in every winter and go back out every spring, plus flower beds full of either returning plants or plants that seed out for re-use every year. makes this former farmer happy.

i don't know what i'm going to do this winter. i have a shit ton of annuals in pots, but no where to put themi

i'll bring most in this year...but, 

sure wish i had a greenhouse.

>.>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wacky1980 said:

mid. my man. your mother's day gift hunt is over.

I can rig something up. My uncle next door has made several. Nothing but plastic and some 2X4's. I think we have enough material laying around here to maybe throw one up.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, midnight said:

I can rig something up. My uncle next door has made several. Nothing but plastic and some 2X4's. I think we have enough material laying around here to maybe throw one up.

toss a little wood burning stove in there, and you got yourself a year-round greenhouse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, discolemonade said:

is it mum's day?

hmmm. i forgot. but see, those 'holiday's are 'consumer related' to sell cards and shit. 

My mom cries and gets upset and throws a tantrum so im always sendinf a mass text a week or two before to remind her babies. Do so for her birthday too

7 hours ago, nameraka said:

i have a hard time shitting on the orthodox.

i mean, at least they're sensible enough to let their priests be married. 

Glad to hear it.  How could anyone say anything bad about a religion that could stick an "onion dome" on a "double-wide"?

image.png.da35254ee72f4593d0a9fd1c191c7a02.png

Edited by tsar4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kudasai said:

Festivus:|

Just a couple nights ago I was watching a shit ton of clips on youtube of interviews with the cast and crew of Seinfeld, and Festivus was a holiday actually created by the father of one of the show's writers. The writer was telling Larry David about it, and Larry was like, "make that into a show." The writer actually had no intention of putting it in the show before that.

Though the show embellished some of it. The real life Festivus did not have a pole. That was all the interview said. I am really curious if the real life Festivus had The Feats of Strength or The Airing of Grievances. xD