UnevenEdge

Toonami Done Changed It Again 4/13 schedule update

Much better. Not perfect but better.

MHA really is a more 'early' feeling type of show. 

Still looks like I'll end up CrunchyRolling HxH though. I already know I'm going to fall asleep before then no matter how hard I try to stay up. I wish they'd get that hour at the front back on the schedule.

• Like 1

Judging from ratings retention, this is quite sound. Though Black Clover should probably be at 1 AM ahead of JoJo. Show gets damn near 100% retention almost every time. But MHA S3 closed the gap between it and Boruto, so it certainly deserves the limelight, while Boruto is banished to the abyss!

37 minutes ago, Blatch said:

This is hilarious. It makes me wonder why the first schedule was even necessary. Did DeMarco dislike it but not waggle his finger hard enough at programming, or is the block being run this poorly?

I mean what the hell.  We got no explanation for why the first schedule was made in the  first place. That excuse of "performance metrics" sounded like complete bull!

Why does the shit always hit the fan when I'm not here?  The first I heard of this was CabooseJr making a community post on Youtube that showed this schedule that said, if there is enough uproar, they will change things, or something to that effect.  And I was wondering... what... is he talking about?  Then I went back and looked at the first schedule that was posted!  LOL!  Makes sense why people were upset!  At least I didn't have to be pissed off for a couple days. :) Poor JoJo!  But Boruto still got kicked to the fuckin' curb lmao.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Blatch said:

In the end, Jason put feels over reals. The damn Nielsen ratings have been defeated once again.

Yeah I can't think of too many networks that would change a schedule based on complaints.  You could say that the people complaining online aren't representative of the viewers... but are the fucking Nielsen homes really representative of the viewers??

I seem to remember fans sending food to a network over a show getting canceled...

*does some Googling*

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/FunMoney/story?id=3214156&page=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(2006_TV_series)

Oh yeah, Jericho, it got canceled and the fans sent a bunch of peanuts to the network!  And it actually worked?!

• Like 1

Reading between the lines, I wonder if this somehow alerted Jason & co. to the existence of Part 5, they quickly acquired it, and adjusted JoJo accordingly.

Maybe they really DID think it was a lame-duck show like Hunter x Hunter?

Which by the way, this Election Arc just seems like a really REALLY stupid way to finish the series. The Chimera Ant ending may have been pretentious and overnarrated, but it was at least interesting. Making HxH the last premiere of the night just seems academic at this point.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Reading between the lines, I wonder if this somehow alerted Jason & co. to the existence of Part 5, they quickly acquired it, and adjusted JoJo accordingly.

Which by the way, this Election Arc just seems like a really REALLY stupid way to finish the series. The Chimera Ant ending may have been pretentious and overnarrated, but it was at least interesting. Making HxH the last premiere of the night just seems academic at this point.

Well I mean if they think Diamond is Unbreakable is a dud, then they're sure as shit not gonna like Golden Wind. Which is basically the same "but who is Kira?" storyline but for all the episodes this time instead of just the last two-thirds.

Oh wow, didn't expect Boruto to get bumped so far down since they'll almost definitely run the whole thing like they're clearly trying to do for Shippuden, but it makes sense with Promised Neverland coming.

Pretty good schedule and I'm expecting further schedule tweaking in the near future in that I definitely think Attack on Titan premieres will retake the midnight slot and bump things down an extra half hour as soon as the dub starts.

Glad Jojo's at 1am so I can take that goodness in after SAO finishes.

Now I just wonder how long it'll take for Viz to start dubbing OPM S2 to get it on here as well.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Why does the shit always hit the fan when I'm not here?  The first I heard of this was CabooseJr making a community post on Youtube that showed this schedule that said, if there is enough uproar, they will change things, or something to that effect.  And I was wondering... what... is he talking about?  Then I went back and looked at the first schedule that was posted!  LOL!  Makes sense why people were upset!  At least I didn't have to be pissed off for a couple days. :) Poor JoJo!  But Boruto still got kicked to the fuckin' curb lmao.

Same lol, I missed it all since I didn't see any of that other thread during the week lmao

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I would fucking HOPE they aren't so incompetent to not know about the next JoJo series.  But if they are really planning to not renew JoJo then that is a shame, since they've run the whole thing up until now and people seem to be enjoying it.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2019 at 11:58 AM, QueenoftheDorks said:

Well I mean if they think Diamond is Unbreakable is a dud, then they're sure as shit not gonna like Golden Wind. Which is basically the same "but who is Kira?" storyline but for all the episodes this time instead of just the last two-thirds.

Idk. From what I've seen of Golden Wind, it's a damn sight better, what with actually having a plot and direction. Diamond just feels like "We're making this to keep the franchise going, but we really don't know what to do with it right now."

• Confused 1
  • D'oh 1

1 hour ago, rpgamer said:

Idk. From what I've seen of Golden Wind, it's a damn sight better, what with actually having a plot and direction. Diamond just feels like "We're making this to keep the franchise going, but we really don't know what to do with it right now."

This is Jojo. Araki is always making it up as he goes along. I mean Golden Wind does have more of a plot in that from the beginning it's plot is just "find out who the boss is" but it's just as slow in terms of moving the plot along. 

Even if it meanders, JoJo is at least wildly entertaining! A good show to put between SAO and Black Clover, and that's not changing! Plus, if we do get Golden Wind, at some point this year all 3 shows will have 2019 animation, and there will be 4 if they replace Promised Neverland with something else animated in 2019! Of course by that time we'll also have AOT S3 Part 2 and/or maybe MHA Season 4...

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 8:29 AM, PokeNirvash said:

The American equivalent of using his "stage dive" as promotional material for the light novels/DVDs/what have you.

Here it is -

Is Toonami trolling with this?  They're skating on thin ice.  And I don't think they're ever going to give up using that "it feels so nostalgic" line from Kirito.

I thought that was more trolling on the part of two stores that participated in a store display contest that Aniplex held.  I sure as hell hope that's not official promo material!

11.jpg

08.jpg

Edited by ben0119

That's strange--with the exception of Promised Neverland, ALL of this footage is from older episodes that already aired on Toonami. A few examples: the DBS footage is from early Tournament of Power; the MHA footage is from SEASON 2; the SAO footage looks like Episode 10 (which aired last week); the JoJo footage and Black Clover footage are from a few weeks ago; the Hunter x Hunter footage is from the Chimera Ant arc; and the AOT footage is most annoyingly from Season 3, when we've been on Season 1 for 7 weeks now!

They're clearly putting a lot more effort into those damn Lazor Wulf promos, which is a shame, because fewer people watched that than My Hero Academia last week! Tigtone and Hot Streets usually beat MHA in the Saturday-to-Sunday timeslot head-to-head competition.

Edited by OwlChemist81