UnevenEdge

Zombieland Saga.

stilgar

• 1 month later...

I'm dense and didn't pick up on Lily's secret until I rewatched it. All that I know is that I was sobbing at the point where her dad saw her perform a song dedicated to him about being gone. 

The comments section of many discussions has gotten to be poisonous though because now you have people barging in to act offended about trans people existing or getting defensive about people calling her trans because they jacked it to Astolfo one time and are now obsessed with labeling everyone a trap regardless if they're trans or crossdressing. Here I was blogging the show, discussing Lily, Lily's dad, and the performance at the end, but now I'm getting comments that make me disappointed in humanity. Floods of "lulz trap" or "Get this trans SJW crap out of my face" or "LILY IS NOT TRANS, LILY IS TRAP, GET IT RIGHT!" from people who never read a single fucking episode I've blogged until now, as if they're magnetized to anything to justify their outrage for people who identify as the opposite gender existing. The magic of anime is wasted on complete assholes.

76742865f06f71fbc7597c4eb60d4a73852d8173

Edited by imchapp.in

yeah I've seen the Lily Discourse on twitter and I don't nor do I ever even intend to watch this show

basically the show confirmed she was trans and all the fuckboys watching started saying it was a "sub invention" and that she "never said she was trans" even though the japanese line made it even more blatant that she was trans

9 hours ago, mochi said:

yeah I've seen the Lily Discourse on twitter and I don't nor do I ever even intend to watch this show

basically the show confirmed she was trans and all the fuckboys watching started saying it was a "sub invention" and that she "never said she was trans" even though the japanese line made it even more blatant that she was trans

So, you're not going to watch the show because.... of people saying dumb things about it?

Not the content of the show, but because some people on Twitter don't know what they're talking about...?

What?

6 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

So, you're not going to watch the show because.... of people saying dumb things about it?

Not the content of the show, but because some people on Twitter don't know what they're talking about...?

What?

Some people don't watch shows just because the fanbase is terrible people.

I'm glad I don't stoop to that level of pettiness.

3 hours ago, naraku360 said:

What?

no, I'm not going to watch the show because I hate "cute girls doing cute things so adult men can fap to them" style Moe anime :|

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been a fun ride. Hopefully they’re able to answer some of the open questions with future material . 

Spoiler

Like whether Kotarou resurrected Sakura out of grief or had her killed specifically for a zombie project, how Yugiri’s resurrection went given her connection to the bartender, and how the investigation will turn out with the journalist

But it’s definitely the best original show this season. I’ll miss seeing Saki and the Legendary Yamada Tae every week. 

Edited by imchapp.in
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 2:48 PM, stilgar said:

I definitely need me some more information about Yagiri.

Yuugiri is one of the more fascinating girls because of her background. For someone born in the late 1800's, she's the most enthusiastic girl in the group when it comes to the prospect of learning more about how much the world has changed from the time of her demise to 2018.

Her former job as a courtesan also provides some funny moments where she incorporates burlesque, shamisen, and interpretive dance into her mannerisms.

She also has one of the more amusing running gags of slapping someone with disdain even though the person she's slapping agrees with her.

Aside than Saki, Yuugiri was very endearing to me and it would be cool to learn more about her past.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jackiemarie90 said:

I found this part interesting, I've only seen the first three episodes but they cut back to the original japanese voice and have them rap in Japanese. I guess they thought they couldn't top it.

according to my friend, they didn't have time to dub the songs for the airing but they'll be dubbed for the blu-ray release

• Thanks 1

I did hear that Funi dubs songs for the physical release, but for the sake of time, opt out of singing for the simulcast. It’s like that with other Funi anime, but hopefully it means they are willing to dub the songs and the rap battle so it feels less jarring for Saki and Sakura to transition into a rap battle in an entirely different language. 

• 2 years later...

The first two episodes were great. I like how they’re starting off with new info for Saki. It’s still really sad knowing that none of the girls are able to do much now that they’re alive again out of fear of both outing themselves as zombies and having to trot around alive to people who grieved for them.

Like Saki would’ve been able to confess to White Ryu and have him reciprocate her feelings if she never died. It’s heartbreaking, especially with a character like Saki who puts on a tough intimidating face around everyone but still has to face her own emotions on her own. 

• 1 month later...