UnevenEdge

Do I need to ask to get my account deleted how does that work?

18 minutes ago, Still Me said:

It’s also no ones call to make...technically wouldn’t posts fall under intellectual property? Therefore all posts are owned by the individual user...and they have the right to want them removed...poofs already done it once...

On the old software it was manually frankly I don't see a point in it 

15 minutes ago, Kuroko said:

On the old software it was manually frankly I don't see a point in it 

Yes...but you see my point in it not being your call to make...I’m sorry but the original poster can and has the right to remove whatever they so choose...including yourself...

1 hour ago, Still Me said:

It’s also no ones call to make...technically wouldn’t posts fall under intellectual property? Therefore all posts are owned by the individual user...and they have the right to want them removed...poofs already done it once...

Nope!  You're posting on a private site owned by someone.  When you post on said site, you agree to certain terms and conditions, which may or may not include relinquishing all rights to the content posted.  The ASMB used to have a big fat disclaimer about that when you registered, but I don't know what the TOS Luuv and/or KN implemented here say exactly.  If they don't address it at all, then theoretically each poster would hold the copyright over their own posts, but good luck trying to bring it to court.

Edit: It doesn't seem like the TOS when you create a new account mention this either way, sooooo *shrug*.

Edited by Top Gun

1 minute ago, Top Gun said:

Nope!  You're posting on a private site owned by someone.  When you post on said site, you agree to certain terms and conditions, which may or may not include relinquishing all rights to the content posted.  The ASMB used to have a big fat disclaimer about that when you registered, but I don't know what the TOS Luuv and/or KN implemented here say exactly.  If they don't address it at all, then theoretically each poster would hold the copyright over their own posts, but good luck trying to bring it to court.

According to the tos...there is no such guideline...this is privately owned but public...the only thing we lose is the right to privacy regarding any government/state investigations....regardless...as a poster...if I choose my content to be hidden or removed...then I have the right to do so

To clear up some stuff in this thread:

A) Anything you post here you immediately grant the site the irrevocable right to.

B) When you post something here you agree that you have the right to post it and that it is legal to post in both the United States, where this site is based and your local jurisdiction.

C) You have the privilege, granted by us, to edit your own posts to remove information you don't want there. We have no obligation to do that for you, nor do we have the obligation to allow you to do it.

D) Even if we do allow you to remove/edit things, we, by default, retain a copy of the original content for the sake of law enforcement requests.

4 minutes ago, Nabloom said:

Hahaha why would you even want all your old posts deleted, it's not like anyone is going to look at them. Don't you have like thousands of posts, that's going to be a huge waste of someone's time 

I dunno...I might go back and read his first meltdown again....But that was probably lost in the move

• Like 1

11 hours ago, K_N said:

To clear up some stuff in this thread:

A) Anything you post here you immediately grant the site the irrevocable right to.

B) When you post something here you agree that you have the right to post it and that it is legal to post in both the United States, where this site is based and your local jurisdiction.

C) You have the privilege, granted by us, to edit your own posts to remove information you don't want there. We have no obligation to do that for you, nor do we have the obligation to allow you to do it.

D) Even if we do allow you to remove/edit things, we, by default, retain a copy of the original content for the sake of law enforcement requests.

I have no problems with any of this, since it's pretty SOP for forums, but it might be a good idea to throw it in the terms of usage that people see when creating a new account, just to cover your bases.

52 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

I have no problems with any of this, since it's pretty SOP for forums, but it might be a good idea to throw it in the terms of usage that people see when creating a new account, just to cover your bases.

It already is, minus A, which is implied via US copyright law and does not need to be distinguished as we do not used post content for any reason other than to display it as intended by the user when submitted.

Well there is some uncertainty as to how far those rights extend.  All else being equal, the original poster should hold copyright over what they post, unless they've agreed to explicitly revoke that right.  Like I said, the ASMB spelled it out pretty clearly, so a bit of clarification like that might help.

The original holder holds copyright but grants us an irrevocable right to display the content in the context it was submitted. It doesn't need to be spelled out because that's how the law works. The ASMB had different terms because the ASMB also took the right to reproduce and use your content for advertising purposes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 7:55 PM, Sandstone said:

Absolutely sick of some of the people here have really terrible attitudes and toxic behavior. Who do I need to ask to get a permanent deletion?

whats the exact issue, are you saying that things you've posted things you have regrets on making public topic?  because anything you regret

posting you should immediately edit yourself.  if you report something that scares you it goes a long way and remember everyone here is just as

vulnerable and unhappy as you are.

if you just dont like it here there is no remedy other than to leave.  nothing you did or said here matters, whether or not you are enjoying it.

Edited by CactusLove

one of the things i struggled a lot with, is when i was a n00b, 

i had the option to never reveal; anything that could be used as a personal attack,

associated me with something i dont agree with or no longer agree with, or destroyed my anonymity.

publicity, its a scary thing