UnevenEdge

So, where did my older brother end up?

1938 Packard

On 10/7/2018 at 1:55 AM, cyberbully said:

LOL....Wait, he was a substitute college professor?.....Because most college professors I know have steady jobs and salaries.

I don't know what professors you know but getting anything other than an adjunct position in the current state of the education industry is nearly impossible.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 1938 Packard said:

Doesn't that depend on just who is doing the hiring?

No one in their right mind his handing your noob brother the keys to a $10 million construction project.  People with decades of experience still fuck up things that could cost thousands of dollars and delay the project, so what makes you think that a part time college professor with no experience is going to just waltz in like nothing?

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

No one in their right mind his handing your noob brother the keys to a $10 million construction project.  People with decades of experience still fuck up things that could cost thousands of dollars and delay the project, so what makes you think that a part time college professor with no experience is going to just waltz in like nothing?

Packard is as bad as Zeni with his garbage.

I'll give both of them credit. They are entertaining as hell.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Okay, smart guy.  What's a king post and how does it apply to commercial construction?

That snarky bastard doesn't know. But he will google it and paste a plagiarized comment. I'm just gonna piss this dude off from now on. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Okay, smart guy.  What's a king post and how does it apply to commercial construction?

it's not even that. any position can have 'coordinator' attached to it. 

i was an 'h.r.' coordinator, which was basically the minor day to day bullshit the h.r. manager didn't have time/want to do. 

'f.r.' coordinator was exactly that. the supervisor for the entire dept. had way too much shit to take care of. 

scheduling, personnel, new projects, office admin, etc, etc, etc. 

construction coordinator would only make, maybe  $60k. (depending on location) because IT"S NOT THE FUCKING SUPERVISOR/FOREMAN/DEPT. HEAD. 

• Like 2

This inbred looking fucker is a janitor. A fucking janitor. 

He has no knowledge of anything other than scrubbing toilets and mopping floors. 

I don't know why we even entertain anything this balding bitch with a rat tail has to say.

Rat tail=unreliable source.

Inbred piece of shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, discolemonade said:

construction coordinator would only make, maybe  $60k. (depending on location) because IT"S NOT THE FUCKING SUPERVISOR/FOREMAN/DEPT. HEAD. 

Like I said, I've never encountered a construction coordinator that supposedly does what Kenny thinks he does.  The way it sounds to me, a CC is nothing more than a job secretary.  A superintendent handles all of the day to day construction responsibilities  like scheduling, communication between the site and the architect and owner, and handling the minutae of building such as making sure every measurement is correct and everything is exactly where its supposed to be.  A project manager (GC) is responsible for bidding, change orders, project closeouts.

7 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Like I said, I've never encountered a construction coordinator that supposedly does what Kenny thinks he does.  The way it sounds to me, a CC is nothing more than a job secretary.  A superintendent handles all of the day to day construction responsibilities  like scheduling, communication between the site and the architect and owner, and handling the minutae of building such as making sure every measurement is correct and everything is exactly where its supposed to be.  A project manager (GC) is responsible for bidding, change orders, project closeouts.

exactly this. coordinator=admin assist=secretary. 

like, there were occasion i would have to get certain materials going, ~ contacting the supervisor of which ever dept. 

not me, personally setting up the machine, overseeing setting up of machines, just COORDINATING A SCHEDULE. 

i mean...i try not to use the 'hate' because i don't personally know this douche, 

but i loathe him. 

i loathe him hard. 

Edited by discolemonade
don't type angry >.>

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Where did you get the 10 million dollar figure?

35 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I've already linked you to a reliable source that describes the job.

3 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

Did I say anything about commercial construction?  

A king post supports a truss and is usually found in residential construction.

You answer a question with a question, then use google find the answer. 😒

2 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

I've already linked you to a reliable source that describes the job.

I already read the link from the clown college.  A reliable source is someone in the industry, not some fucking for-profit operating out of a store front.

17 minutes ago, Tengu said:

And you haven’t this entire discussion? 😂

You know, with this new job, he might be able to clean up his credit and apply for his own mortgage in three or four years.  Then, he could get the house out of my name.

He should start with a vehicle loan.  I don't know how his current vehicle is holding up.

Edited by 1938 Packard

25 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Not good enough.  What is a truss?

I'm not in the trades, but I'll give it a guess. A truss is the combination of rafters and joists which support the roof and spread the load evenly to the load bearing walls.

Anyways, I've got to go do the Pick em scores so I'll leave picking on Packard to others....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

I'm not in the trades, but I'll give it a guess. A truss is the combination of rafters and joists which support the roof and spread the load evenly to the load bearing walls.

Anyways, I've got to go do the Pick em scores so I'll leave picking on Packard to others....

Very very close.  A truss is any engineered framework designed to transfer the load of a structure above to load bearing structures on either end of a span.  Trusses are uses to support roofs (usually gabled) as you describe, but they're also used to support bridge roadways.  The king post is a part of a truss, but it doesn't support the truss itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Buddyroe360 said:

Ah, I see the janitor is arguing with the professionals....Whether it be banking, construction, electronics or even just odor, he will be there to look like an imbecile for our entertainment

He was losing in here, so he had to carry it over to his birthday thread.

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

He was losing in here, so he had to carry it over to his birthday thread.

So argue over here an the remarks are tamed slightly 

Argue in dumpster fire and pretty much get thrown into an Asian hornets nest without any hesitation

1 minute ago, Kuroko said:

So argue over here an the remarks are tamed slightly 

Argue in dumpster fire and pretty much get thrown into an Asian hornets nest without any hesitation

It was one of his typically bad decisions.  There was a reason I put that birthday thread in there.

4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Very very close.  A truss is any engineered framework designed to transfer the load of a structure above to load bearing structures on either end of a span.  Trusses are uses to support roofs (usually gabled) as you describe, but they're also used to support bridge roadways.  The king post is a part of a truss, but it doesn't support the truss itself.

Try cutting off the kingpost and see where your roof ends up.

Go ahead, take a chainsaw to your attic.

Schmuck...

9 hours ago, K_N said:

I don't know what professors you know but getting anything other than an adjunct position in the current state of the education industry is nearly impossible.

Don't plan on doxxing my aunt and uncle but you can adjunct that to your normal pompous bullshit

1 hour ago, cyberbully said:

Don't plan on doxxing my aunt and uncle but you can adjunct that to your normal pompous bullshit

Got it... you don't understand anything about how professors are employed. Thanks for clearing that up.

1 minute ago, 1938 Packard said:

I see I'm not the onlt one around here who has issues with you.

Does your dysmorphic head prevent your brain from conducting a civilized conversation?

LOL, I love it when idiots find another user to cling to....KN has an ego problem....You're just a fucking moron.