UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Z Kai Now @ 8 PM From The Beginning!!

OwlChemist81

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

to be fair Bulma dumped Yamcha every week in classic DB

so her ultimately Marrying Vegeta (who she's never broken up with once) is good....Ironic that a crazy violent mass murderer is a more faithful and loving husband than Yamcha

right spends the first decade plus of his life desperately wishing he had a girlfriend. then the second he's ucky enough to land one he turns into a serial cheater. 

ass.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, mochi said:

reference to the fact that the current "piccolo" is actually the original Piccolo's Son

it's never mentioned again and everyone just treats Piccolo jr. as being Piccolo from then on

The original Piccolo is sometimes referred to as "King Piccolo." The new Piccolo Jr. is just "Piccolo".

It is quite interesting that we took a character named after English "Pickle" and made it a high-pitched cousin of the flute instead.

interesting fact
the upcoming Super movie

Spoiler

uses the revised super backstory for Goku

where he was around 5 or so years old when Gohan found him and was nice the entire time

yes really

they retconned Goku having been an evil child who became nice due to a brain injury

• Like 1

Just now, Delaclease said:

Gohan's true Father is here... not Goku.

to be fair Goku was a good father in Z

it's only in Super that he's the worst father ever to live

but yeah due to constantly dieing Piccolo did end up Raising Gohan more than Goku

• Like 1

Just now, Delaclease said:

That's what I'm talking about. Super is making it so messed up. 

wherein lies my other problem with Super, aside from making Vegeta literally useless they decided to make Goku be a bad person because sociopath heroes (which is an oxymoron) have become trendy in Japan due to a notion that it's "edgy" to have heroes be terrible people

1 minute ago, mochi said:

wherein lies my other problem with Super, aside from making Vegeta literally useless they decided to make Goku be a bad person because sociopath heroes (which is an oxymoron) have become trendy in Japan due to a notion that it's "edgy" to have heroes be terrible people

It really fucking sucks. 

13 hours ago, mochi said:

interesting fact
the upcoming Super movie

Hide contents

uses the revised super backstory for Goku

where he was around 5 or so years old when Gohan found him and was nice the entire time

yes really

they retconned Goku having been an evil child who became nice due to a brain injury

I feel like that was for the best.  It makes Goku more appealing as a MC.

12 hours ago, mochi said:

Boruto.  Steals a train car and rams it into a local monument, and then gladly agrees to fight a bully during class hours, and is somehow not expelled on his first day. Because of COURSE he isn't.  And who the hell is HE to tell the bully to stay in school??

• Haha 1

Just for the record, I probably won't be watching this show while it's live very much, unless you count the west coast stream.

Almost every week is a College Football game I'm interested in at that time.

If this experiment pans out and Toonami stays at 9 PM after football season, that will probably change.

• Confused 1

Raditz was always one of my favorite characters.  Such a psychotic hilarious badass! :D Radits with the crocodile tears act. :D

Always wish Raditz could've made a comeback.

radishss.jpg

Had this pic saved since the early 2000s heh. :)

Wonder what would happen if he went Super Saiyan 3? :D

latest?cb=20161116135000&format=original

437?cb=20170116201812

I couldn't find the 2 fan arts from that DBZ magazine I used to get.  Beckett Collector? But these are good, too! :) One of them had his hair flowing behind him like a vortex LOL.

first half of this arc = Gohan is already stronger than his dad we have to teach him how to surpass his father and save the earth

"shogakuan intervenes"

rest of this arc = Goku's back nevermind **puts Gohan back in his crib for the rest of his life**

5 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I'm cool with Piccolo's blood being purple, since he IS an alien being.

The halos being erased and turning Mr. Popo blue sure in the Toonzai version sure were BS though!!

I think his blood was green and red at other points, too. :D Unless green is just the slime from regenerating body parts.  Can't remember.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

first half of this arc = Gohan is already stronger than his dad we have to teach him how to surpass his father and save the earth

"shogakuan intervenes"

rest of this arc = Goku's back nevermind **puts Gohan back in his crib for the rest of his life**

Is that really true?

Just now, ben0119 said:

Is that really true?

yes, Toriyama wanted Goku to remain dead and have Z be Gohan's journey to Honor his father's name by becoming the earth's new main defender....

but his publishers demanded he revive Goku because he was such a fan favorite character

basically he wanted Z to be like Steven Universe with the Awesome alien rebel parent being dead and the son being raised by his dead parent's best friends and carrying on their legacy

Steven-Universe-Featured-07062016-621x35

4 hours ago, mochi said:

yes, Toriyama wanted Goku to remain dead and have Z be Gohan's journey to Honor his father's name by becoming the earth's new main defender....

but his publishers demanded he revive Goku because he was such a fan favorite character

basically he wanted Z to be like Steven Universe with the Awesome alien rebel parent being dead and the son being raised by his dead parent's best friends and carrying on their legacy

Steven-Universe-Featured-07062016-621x35

I hadn't heard about Gohan taking his place early, or editorial interference affecting it.  I do know that Gohan was supposed to be new main character, as set up in the Cell Saga and seen early in Buu Saga.  But Toriyama changed his mind, saying he felt he wasn't suited for the role.

4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

So like until the fans complained, the Dragon Balls actually COULDN'T bring someone back from the dead!?

Wild!

they could...but there were failsafes that didn't make it easy

for example

the body needed to be perfectly preserved

it needed to be done within one year or it was impossible

it could only be done once per person

but since his publishers demanded he bring Goku back. all those rules were thrown out, so the balls could bring anyone back and there was no time limit nor limit to how many revives you could use

Edited by mochi

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I hadn't heard about Gohan taking his place early, or editorial interference affecting it.  I do know that Gohan was supposed to be new main character, as set up in the Cell Saga and seen early in Buu Saga.  But Toriyama changed his mind, saying he felt he wasn't suited for the role.

yeah, that wasn't his choice his hand was forced by his publishers, his original plan was for them to try and revive Goku but it was too late so Gohan had to avenge his father

also Vegeta was supposed to die in his first appearance

but his publishers kept meddling with his story to make it more marketable

22 minutes ago, mochi said:

they could...but there were failsafes that didn't make it easy

for example

the body needed to be perfectly preserved

it needed to be done within one year or it was impossible

it could only be done once per person

but since his publishers demanded he bring Goku back. all those rules were thrown out, so the balls could bring anyone back and there was no time limit nor limit to how many revives you could use

That's not true--a person can only be revived once on their own by the Earth's Dragon Balls, though if they are part of a "package deal" wish, they can be brought back multiple times.

32 minutes ago, mochi said:

yeah, that wasn't his choice his hand was forced by his publishers, his original plan was for them to try and revive Goku but it was too late so Gohan had to avenge his father

also Vegeta was supposed to die in his first appearance

but his publishers kept meddling with his story to make it more marketable

I wonder what would have delayed them from bringing Goku back.

It makes sense, given how reprehensible Vegeta was and how he was kind of shittily reformed.  I don't think any of Goku's other former enemies turned allies started off that bad.

We do know that happened a lot.