UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Z Kai Now @ 8 PM From The Beginning!!

OwlChemist81

13 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

1. i don't think it was censorship so much as an off-screen sound gag.

2. Roshi is OOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLD

Hmm well I can't remember how it would have originally gone.  Hard to say. 

Not sure I ever saw a different version besides the Ocean dub?  Orange Boxes hard to come by, and I wasn't interested in that shitty remaster.  Wonder what version is on FuniNow.  But, not going to re-watch DBZ yet again when I am already re-watching Kai on Toonami. :D

Yep haha.

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Maybe not an issue since he also knows about TVs :D 

Of course, but for some reason, this super futuristic world hasn't invented cell phones.  Then again not all civilizations' tech advances in equal ways.  And maybe other planets have cell phones.  That ring tone specifically though!

It's amazing how intelligent and human Goku seems here compared to Super.

The person(s) writing Super, regardless of how much of that is Toriyama or Toei, may have watched old Dragon Ball, but misunderstood Goku's character and personality.

Goku is no scholar by any means, but he does have some semblance of common sense and logic, like here with the time limit to fight the Saiyans, and it's implied that Goku doesn't think King Kai's jokes aren't funny, not because he's so dumb he doesn't get them, but because the jokes suck.  Besides that, Goku is a genius when it comes to fighting, training, tactics and strategy.

Goku may like to enjoy a good fight, but it was never at the expense of innocents.  Goku put others first.  Remember when Goku moved fights not just because of danger to people, but ANIMALS?  Remember when Goku destroyed an entire army, in part to help a friend and save others from their cruelty?  When he was willing to sacrifice his life to save the Universe from Frieza, and Cell?

So no, Toriyama, Goku was most definitely never "someone who didn't fight for justice but just liked to fight strong guys."  He wasn't a fucking idiot either.

Edited by ben0119