UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Z Kai Now @ 8 PM From The Beginning!!

OwlChemist81

1 minute ago, mochi said:

I hate those kind of Heroes actually

it makes the whole rest of their team entirely useless

I think both of these things can be separate though. I feel like you can do the cool uplifting moment part from one person's arrival but still make them have to follow it up with a team fight rather than the usual one-on-one.

Just now, DangerMouse said:

I think both of these things can be separate though. I feel like you can do the cool uplifting moment part from one person's arrival but still make them have to follow it up with a team fight rather than the usual one-on-one.

I agree but DBZ never does that

they always have everyone be struggling and desperate for Goku to arrive talking about how the situation is hopeless without him then he shows up and fixes everything

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mochi said:

I hate those kind of Heroes actually

it makes the whole rest of their team entirely useless

That's just because Toriyama made Saiyans way more powerful than everyone else which rendered all characters useless except for reaction shots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zenigundam said:

Yacmha would have been crushed if he had to fight Nappa. At least Tien and Piccolo made him have to fight.

from what we've seen, i feel like a decent group strategy (which dbz character never ever use) would have been Tenshinhan and Piccolo getting up in Nappa's face taking him on at once with Yamcha and Kuririn popping in periodically to provide flashy distractions and keep him off balance and maybe even Gohan on the sidelines, tossing in a powerful attack whenever he sees on opening of when everyone else looks like they're in trouble.

but we'll never know

3 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

I gotta say, though, I'm really bummed that we won't even get to finish the Saiyan saga before toonami drops kai. goku v Vegeta was still just about the greatest fight in the series

I feel old despite being too young and sexy, for I remember Toonami before DBZ when I was but a kid. The Saiyan and entire Frieza saga were 🔥🔥🔥. I didn't really like the rest of the series. Still would rather watch any saga of Kai over just about everything else that is shown on here.

11 minutes ago, mochi said:

Vegeta: **in calmest breathiest voice ever** it's over 8000 **sexy moan as he crushes scouter**

Funimation's attempt to quell that meme (that they started in the first place) is stupid as hell

Sexy moan?  Wut? :D

Technically would Ocean be who started it.   And apparently it's 8000 in the manga.  Plus it's not even that funny.  I thought it was way funnier when Frieza said his own power level was ONE MILLION!

TeamFourStar is comedy cancer anyway.

Edited by ben0119

20 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

See ya 'round, DBZ Kai! Maybe, just maybe, this show continues at 8 PM next year, IF [as] gets 8 PM back?

I still have a feeling Dragon Ball Super and My Hero Academia will get weeknight runs as part of a reborn Midnight Run, but maybe I'm way off-base here...

DeMarco said Kai and Jack will be back at some point. Just gonna assume that means on Toonami.

Doubtful Adult Swim gets 8 pm back. Ok, so on New Year's Eve TV Guide is listing 8 pm Samurai Jack / 8:30 American Dad!. There's an Off the Air marathon from 12-4:30 so the regular and repeat block for that week is unknown right now. It would make sense to air Kai and Jack at 8. And if they do that, they don't really have to return to Toonami.

Edited by korosu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...