UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Z Kai Now @ 8 PM From The Beginning!!

OwlChemist81

One Dragon Ball show on Toonami wasn't enough? Well, Kai is back, baby! And 2 hours earlier than before--at a time at which Toonami hasn't aired in over 10 years--9 PM Saturday Nights!!

If you find College Football boring, come check it out--and see if they play the Yamamoto version of Episode 1 again...

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Sigh

4226401-3931157742-Good-.gif

I guess.

Aw, don't make the sigh face. :(

It's a decent enough show, it has enough of a following to hold the ratings for that time slot, it's 'safe' for that time slot, and since it's already had a run-through if the Toonami slot ends up shrinking back at some point it's not something that would be completely lost mid-way through new episodes. I'd rather have an old familiar chestnut as the early lead-in than something so new / weird that people with nothing better to do start bitching about how it's destroying their daily marathon viewing of 'Teen Titans Go' . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PokeNirvash said:

Is it possible to have nostalgia for 2014? Because oddly enough, that's what I'm experiencing right now, listening to this actually kinda decent cover of Dragon Soul I haven't listened to in years.

the Vic Mignogna version is still the best version

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

the problem is we just wrapped up kai this year on toonami and already it's back...

Naw, I can understand the general frustration. It's been seen and people still remember seeing it. :D

But in the end, it's a good enough choice for this current extension experiment. 

Off to watch a night full of animes. Now where's my ramen?... :D

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

reference to the fact that the current "piccolo" is actually the original Piccolo's Son

it's never mentioned again and everyone just treats Piccolo jr. as being Piccolo from then on

well, to be honest, i seem to remember that being much the sentiment when piccolo jr appeared in dragon ball. like, didn't he have his father's memories and everything?

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

well, to be honest, i seem to remember that being much the sentiment when piccolo jr appeared in dragon ball. like, didn't he have his father's memories and everything?

kind of, he was "programmed" to know who goku was and specifically born just for the purpose of getting vengance for his dad by killing Goku

1 minute ago, PokeNirvash said:

I

And Goku being a decent father? Talk about Early Installment Weirdness!

to be fair just chalk this up to Toriyama forgetting that Goku used to actually love his family because him being an unsupportive sociopath in Super is supposed to be "funny"

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

oh, bulma + yamcha

tien shinhan. these accurate names that will never be used again after this arc

to be fair Bulma dumped Yamcha every week in classic DB

so her ultimately Marrying Vegeta (who she's never broken up with once) is good....Ironic that a crazy violent mass murderer is a more faithful and loving husband than Yamcha

• Haha 1

Just now, Delaclease said:

"You are baby sitting? " "No, he's my son." 

is....IS strange that they're all shocked that he has a son considering they sorta forced him to marry Chichi against his will

what did they think he'd divorce her right after the wedding?