UnevenEdge

JJBA Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 1 Discussion!!!!

What is with this show and animal cruelty?

What did the hell did you just say about my hair. :D

That's his mom!  MIIIIIILLLLLFFFF!

At his IQ isn't 300 like Lex Luthor or Robotnik.

Creepy posessor Stand!

This is the same kind of character as Deku with the same voice.

Leave his mom alone!

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i feel like jotaro involving himself with marine biology was brought up during stardust crusaders. am i wrong? and whn did they mention that?

They dropped little hints during Stardust Crusaders. Watch Anubis again.

His Stand is like Star Platinum with the rapid punches, but destroys and reconstructs, rearranges.  Interesting.

Ok it's nice the lady is back to normal but you still impaled her.  That had to be painful.

*re-reads that*

...That's what she said.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i feel like jotaro involving himself with marine biology was brought up during stardust crusaders. am i wrong? and whn did they mention that?

Well, he DID beat his way out of an underwater cave!

--Remember that???

No reviews until September 8th. ON TO HXH!!!

Edited by OwlChemist81

4 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

He did say Marine Investigator?  But I thought maybe that's what they call Military Police in Japan or something?  He's some sort of crime and Stand investigator?  What does marine biology have to do with that?  And why would he introduce himself that way?

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

He did say Marine Investigator?  But I thought maybe that's what they call Military Police in Japan or something?  He's some sort of crime and Stand investigator?  What does marine biology have to do with that?  And why would he introduce himself that way?

no, he's a marine life science scholar with a focus on ecology. ocean science, not military investigations. he's like what gohan should have been -- a scholar who doesn't lose his badass edge

1 hour ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

no, he's a marine life science scholar with a focus on ecology. ocean science, not military investigations. he's like what gohan should have been -- a scholar who doesn't lose his badass edge

Then what does that have to do with investigating Stands?  Why would Jotaro introduce himself as a marine investigator?

Well at least for Gohan it was in character.  He was never a fighter.  Still, even if he doesn't enjoy fighting like Goku, you'd think he'd want to stay strong to protect Pan until she can fight for herself.

Holy shit, that person on reddit who posted about it was right, he was actually reading a magazine about the sea and ships back in that ep LOL. I didn't remember that at all.

And I think he did make several comments about it being kind of cool the several times he fought underwater.

I guess those were supposed to be the clues, haha.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Holy shit, that person on reddit who posted about it was right, he was actually reading a magazine about the sea and ships back in that ep LOL. I didn't remember that at all.

And I think he did make several comments about it being kind of cool the several times he fought underwater.

I guess those were supposed to be the clues, haha.

Holy shit they pay attention to details in this show! :o

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2018 at 1:07 AM, rpgamer said:

If this hair gimmick persists for very long, I'm just gonna write this show off.

Had enough of that sort of shit with Inuyasha and "Sit, boy."

Yeah... seeing this in 2018 seems.... lame. Really lame. Keep in mind the source material is from 1992, when having a personality changing tick like this was probably a somewhat original idea.

But if he's gonna do the "gets beat up, gets hair insulted, turns into hulk and beats up the insulter" thing every episode I don't think I can watch this.

My only hope is, much like Iggy, the writers kinda completely forget about that little quirk and it just fades away.

(I posted rather late to the last finale thread, bringing up that point. Iggy gets introduced, is all "he pulls hair and farts in your face, and is nanners for coffee gum for some reason," and then he just kinda fades into the background mostly)

On 8/19/2018 at 2:21 AM, ben0119 said:

Then what does that have to do with investigating Stands?  Why would Jotaro introduce himself as a marine investigator?

Well at least for Gohan it was in character.  He was never a fighter.  Still, even if he doesn't enjoy fighting like Goku, you'd think he'd want to stay strong to protect Pan until she can fight for herself.

Jotaro's day job is being a marine biologist. However he will investigate Stands on behalf of the Speedwagon Foundation because only a Stand user can see a Stand. He's basically taking over for Joseph who is now too old to do it.

9 hours ago, Daos said:

Yeah... seeing this in 2018 seems.... lame. Really lame. Keep in mind the source material is from 1992, when having a personality changing tick like this was probably a somewhat original idea.

But if he's gonna do the "gets beat up, gets hair insulted, turns into hulk and beats up the insulter" thing every episode I don't think I can watch this.

It fades after a few episodes. I haven't watched it since aired, so not sure about what point, but I do think it's been mostly fazed out within the first 5 or 6 episodes. There's an actual character purpose for the quirk either way.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:32 PM, Gyaos said:

Someone lost their arm.

I didn't notice this Saturday night, but...

Reminds me of a Hellsing Ultimate opening title card, but I can't remember which one. Episode I, I guess? Which would make sense since they're both set in 1999, I guess.