UnevenEdge

BEST PIZZA TOPPING CONFIGURATION

schmahxgn

So the best pizza topping combination is something many will "poopoo", but there is gastronomical logic and reasoning behind them:

• Pepperoni: adds spice and fat to the pizza
  • Ham: Adds a mild savory smokiness which compliments the pepperoni
  • Extra cheese: Act as a foundation for all the toppings
  • Pineapple: Add a sweet/sour note as well as acidity to cut through the fat.
  • Jalapenos add heat and play well with the sweetness of the pineapple
  • mushrooms add umami and quell the spice o the jalapenos

This topping combination works best at Papa John's with hand-tossed traditional cost, but NEVER order this from pizza hut. The whole thing is like hot and sour soup in a pizza.
Edited by schmahxgn

There isn't exactly a be-all, end-all pizza topping combo. There are classic ones, but beyond that it boils down to personal taste and proper usage of flavor profiles. It sounds like this is part of your food blog, so don't forget to mention things like sauces, additional toppings, flavors of cheese, seasonings, bastes, etc. You would also be remiss not to mention the crust and presentation styles, which is huge for pizza. 

15 hours ago, GunStarHero said:

There isn't exactly a be-all, end-all pizza topping combo. There are classic ones, but beyond that it boils down to personal taste and proper usage of flavor profiles. It sounds like this is part of your food blog, so don't forget to mention things like sauces, additional toppings, flavors of cheese, seasonings, bastes, etc. You would also be remiss not to mention the crust and presentation styles, which is huge for pizza. 

My food blog is exclusively for my own cooking, reviews of small business that specialize in food and drink, and possibly cooking competitions in the future. I would not go out of my way to give free marketing to a large national pizza chain. However thanks for the tip. It is much appreciated.

Edited by schmahxgn

2 hours ago, schmahxgn said:

Matter of preference and opinion mi amigo...

No, it is not. Anymore than three toppings will cause the crust to be under cooked. But you eat Papa John's pizza so I am not surprised you enjoy under cooked soggy pizza.

I don't know what uneducated mouth breathers work at the Papa John's in your area, but my crust never comes out soggy when I order that particular combination. Also I don't order Papa John's because I believe it's good, it's just I live in a small town or it's the only thing open after 11 that delivers. Are you familiar with the phrase Beggars can't be choosers?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 8:19 PM, schmahxgn said:

So the best pizza topping combination is something many will "poopoo", but there is gastronomical logic and reasoning behind them:

• Pepperoni: adds spice and fat to the pizza
  • Ham: Adds a mild savory smokiness which compliments the pepperoni
  • Extra cheese: Act as a foundation for all the toppings
  • Pineapple: Add a sweet/sour note as well as acidity to cut through the fat.
  • Jalapenos add heat and play well with the sweetness of the pineapple
  • mushrooms add umami and quell the spice o the jalapenos

This topping combination works best at Papa John's with hand-tossed traditional cost, but NEVER order this from pizza hut. The whole thing is like hot and sour soup in a pizza.

light sauce; banana pepper; extra pepperoni; extra cheese; black olive

Mushroom, black olive, basil, and eggplant are my usual go-to ingredients I select, but they're interchangeable. I don't always go for all-of-the-above so I'm good with a pizza that has with any variation of these toppings.

Edited by imchapp.in

• 4 weeks later...