UnevenEdge

One Piece's Ignoble Defeat, Dethroned by Love Live

ben0119

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-29/top-selling-media-franchises-in-japan-2016/.110442

That's right, of all things, it was this moetrash series to do it.  I can't even be all "hohoho One Piece" (and I'm not supposed to be doing that anymore, anyway), because the cancer that is moe has metastasized, become malignant!  It's taken over and conquered the entire anime industry!  I am the senate It is the industry!  The scourge of moe cannot be stopped!

https://awesomelyshitty.wordpress.com/2011/10/07/lucky-star-what-hath-god-wrought/

Wasn't this thread already made before? My first guess was that the original copy was moved to Dumpster Fires, but I guess it got deleted in its entirety. S:

Yup because some people can't handle dissenting views and lash out when they are confronted with the horrible possibility that someone disagrees with them.

It's okay to remake a thread that got moved to Dumpster Fires.

The reason for that is - like moving a thread isn't necessarily so much about the topic as about what happens to a topic after posted.

so - like if you post something and a bunch of people start arguing in it and it becomes stupid and whatever, it may get moved to DF.

but that doesn't mean the OP can't attempt to remake the topic in hopes that the same thing won't happen.

Of course, if the same thing does happen, that one will also probably be moved off the main board.

Wasn't this thread already made before? My first guess was that the original copy was moved to Dumpster Fires, but I guess it got deleted in its entirety. S:

He torpedoed his thread to go on a rant on Islam, the religion of Kubo. It had nothing to do with the topic, but neither did throwing accusations of everyone being a pedophile over enjoying idol shows or projecting gay thoughts on anyone that posted in his thread.

He torpedoed his thread to go on a rant on Islam, the religion of Kubo. It had nothing to do with the topic, but neither did throwing accusations of everyone being a pedophile over enjoying idol shows or projecting gay thoughts on anyone that posted in his thread.

I guess playing tap tap games makes me a pedo now. I can't wait to go to jail.

Anyway, I imagine a slice of life show like this has a far easier point of entry than OP's massive continuity.  Easier to make new fans.

Pretty much.

And Love Live! just introduced the first anime season featuring a new idol group, which means a whole lot more new merchandise to buy and more capital for company to claim.

I don't think One Piece was ever tooted to be Japan's most successful media property. Just that it's the most successful selling manga series.

So I dunno where this "dethroned" thing came from when it was never number one in this regard.

But, hey, number 2 is nothing to sneeze at either.

Love Live is a freak'n empire in Japan. It's based on music so already you know it easily takes the cake when it comes to media sales.

Also, this list excluded some things like movie sales and videogames, which makes the list kinda imcomplete IMO (Love Live would have probably still won, though).

Why the fuck does the good shit happen when I'm offline?  Like seriously, what the fuck.

I don't think One Piece was ever tooted to be Japan's most successful media property. Just that it's the most successful selling manga series.

So I dunno where this "dethroned" thing came from when it was never number one in this regard.

But, hey, number 2 is nothing to sneeze at either.

Love Live is a freak'n empire in Japan. It's based on music so already you know it easily takes the cake when it comes to media sales.

Also, this list excluded some things like movie sales and videogames, which makes the list kinda imcomplete IMO (Love Live would have probably still won, though).

You and other Goda Worshipers constantly said that.  How's that humble pie taste?

Guy said that in the video that it wasn't included, but One Piece still would have lost.

One Piece was the best.  Sales = Quality

One Piece is now No. 2 to GOD SHOW LOVE LIVE.

One Piece is shit.

This is my favorite Kubo meme.

That's my new and improved version I just made! :-D

Sad thing is... it's true.  Kubo's emotion is genuine and palpable in every micron of his beautiful art that tells more stories in a single page than every One Piece chapter combined.  Oda's "emotion" is over-spammed to the point of meaninglessness, forced, and unearned.

You and other Goda Worshipers constantly said that.  How's that humble pie taste?

Guy said that in the video that it wasn't included, but One Piece still would have lost.

One Piece was the best.  Sales = Quality

One Piece is now No. 2 to GOD SHOW LOVE LIVE.

One Piece is shit.

There you go putting words in my mouth.

Never did I say OP was the best selling anime franchise period.

I always said the truth - it's best selling MANGA series period.

Never, in all my time talking to you, did I say anything other than that - AND YOU KNOW IT.

Don't put words in people mouths just so you can aid your piss-poor argument.

Never did I use OP's sales to argue it's quality either, only it's popularity and the stuff it's achieved - stuff that you and Jman constantly undermine - which is wrong.

But the quality of the series? That's subjective. Clearly you like it though, so I don't see the problem.

But nice bait.

That's my new and improved version I just made! :-D

Sad thing is... it's true.  Kubo's emotion is genuine and palpable in every micron of his beautiful art that tells more stories in a single page than every One Piece chapter combined.  Oda's "emotion" is over-spammed to the point of meaninglessness, forced, and unearned.

Can't be 'true', when it's all up to the individual.

For instance, I think you're terribly wrong. And that Bleach pales to One Piece is pretty much every conceivable way, but let's not start a lame pissing contest about which series we like more that I"M SURE you want to ignite (You ASMB people have nothing better to do than to trash other series).

Never, in all my time talking to you, did I say anything other than that - AND YOU KNOW IT.

Never did I use OP's sales to argue it's quality either, only it's popularity and the stuff it's achieved - stuff that you and Jman constantly undermine - which is wrong.

But the quality of the series? That's subjective. Clearly you like it though, so I don't see the problem.

But nice bait.

Can't be 'true', when it's all up to the individual.

For instance, I think you're terribly wrong. And that Bleach pales to One Piece is pretty much every conceivable way, but let's not start a lame pissing contest about which series we like more that I"M SURE you want to ignite (You ASMB people have nothing better to do than to trash other series).

8Kuboooo.gif

But nice bait.

Manga, anime, everything - Luffy has been raped in every conceivable way by a cadre of Schoolgirl Idols!

You know how whenever someone makes a shitty joke about Kubo's health, you point out that it's rude and inappropriate? I guess you only apply that for the authors you personally enjoy.

No they don't joke about his health they deny he is sick.  They're evil.  I like Oda but Moose needs to be buried.

No they don't joke about his health they deny he is sick.  They're evil.  I like Oda but Moose needs to be buried.

I don't deny his health is bad. He is a manga artist, after all.

But Bleach got cancelled by SJ. It wasn't stopped because Kubo was sick. That's just some sad coping mechanism you fanboys made up in your head in order to not feel so bad about the series lackluster ending. And also an attempt to stop people from teasing Bleach's failure, but LMAO, that ain't happening buddy.

It was always at the bottom of the rankings. Kubo had a strained relationship with Shueisha. Jump was outright ignoring Bleach in promotional stunts.

It was cancelled. Twice (dont forget the anime before it lol). Now go be TRIGGERED because of that.

*sets recording*

• 2 weeks later...