UnevenEdge

The Toonami Ratings Thread 1.0 :You are on a new board

StarPanda

Yeah if that happens all Toonami schedules will be blanked out.  This is a main reason the "paper" schedule went away. Some stuff leaked early and Demarco was pissed.

You're welcome to try though if it's a legitimate screw up they'd like to know. It kind of already is official since it's showing up that way on my DVR.

Well, turns out their schedule only goes ahead 7 days instead of 8 now, so I won't be able to do it until tomorrow.

Oh well.

I think ratings might be up, Live PD is on hiatus and the big fight will probably be over.

Of course it will still drop when JoJo soils another mattress....

Yeah, it's a rerun alright! I think Mayweather/McGregor might be disqualified because it's a PPV, so if DBS is going to capture #1 on Social Media, it will happen tonight!!

Well, turns out their schedule only goes ahead 7 days instead of 8 now, so I won't be able to do it until tomorrow.

Oh well.

The Kai marathon promo does confirm 8 episodes and not 9.

"Charge" is still showing on my DVR schedule

Next 2 weeks still blanked out

I think ratings might be up, Live PD is on hiatus and the big fight will probably be over.

Of course it will still drop when JoJo soils another mattress....

Good.  If Live PD were still airing, the universe wouldn't be able to sustain itself under the hype.

Now if Toonami were to pick up a show about policemen, or boxing...

They had their chance with Ippo years ago and got Prince of Fucking Tennis.

They deserved the low ratings tennis, prissiest of sports, bought.

They had their chance with Ippo years ago and got Prince of Fucking Tennis.

They deserved the low ratings tennis, prissiest of sports, bought.

The US anime audience does not care about sports anime. At all. That's almost exclusively Japan.

The fact that they tried showing Prince of Tennis is another thing that makes me think these guys have no idea what they're doing.

The Kai marathon promo does confirm 8 episodes and not 9.

"Charge" is still showing on my DVR schedule

Next 2 weeks still blanked out

It looks like it's going to be #36 "Charge" (Season 2, Episode 11). I still have #31-#35 (Season 2, Episodes 6-10) on my DVR so its not a biggie for me, and it also means we're likely to see #37 "Scream" (Season 2, Episode 12) on 9/9, finally in HD for DirecTv customers (as the first run glitched).

They actually did something right with the marathon stream for a change: they're showing #31-#35 all this week. With a surprising rerun skip to #36 on-air, I guess this is the best they could do.

I would say (for whatever reason) 9/9 will be the last 9-show Toonami for a while, and on 9/16 DBS returns to 11:30. Hopefully the good performers keep their timeslots and only certain shows (like JoJo and Lupin) are moved down.

And it looks like the AOT S2 final run count will likely be:

#26-#30: 3 runs each (premiere, marathon, rerun)

#31-#34: 2 runs each (premiere, marathon)

#35: 1 run (premiere only)

#36-#37: 2 runs each (premiere, rerun)

Kinda bummed that #35 only got on TV once, but I guess that's the way it goes. After all, MOST Toonami episodes are 1-and-done on TV! There has been no 2nd chance on Toonami TV for any episode of Samurai 7, Tenchi Muyo! GXP, Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Black Lagoon, Gurren Lagann, Hellsing Ultimate, Sword Art Online (I or II), InuYasha: The Final Act, Dimension W, Gundam Unicorn, Naruto Shippuden or Tokyo Ghoul, and it appears Lupin will probably suffer the same fate.

Sports in shows = ratings gold

Sports in anime = get that crap away from my studio!!

Does not compute.

Now, if there was an anime ABOUT BOXING POLICEMEN...

My theory has always been that combat sports are way easier to translate than stick and ball sports.

So I guess were just going to assume they jumped ahead on AoT for ratings convenience? Honestly, it isn't very plausible, but I feel like a move so trivial and sudden is cause to expect that something big is coming soon.

Crazy crackpot theory: AoT finishes on 9/9, and then Toonami airs a world premiere dub of The Ancient Magus' Bride at 12:30 on 9/16, three weeks becore the Japanese run.

And then they aired The Prince of Tennis out of order. Bounced from like episode 2 to episode 8 and back to episode 5. But they wouldn't put the one good series from Jetstream (Hikaru no Go) on Toonami, probably because it didn't have generic, dubbed opening.

If tennis bores people, Go would leave them comatose.

The US anime audience does not care about sports anime. At all. That's almost exclusively Japan.

The fact that they tried showing Prince of Tennis is another thing that makes me think these guys have no idea what they're doing.

They fucked up airing MAR too, don't forget.

Still, that was back in, like, 2007 or so, so maybe they've wised up since then, even if only by a little.

It looks like it's going to be #36 "Charge" (Season 2, Episode 11). I still have #31-#35 (Season 2, Episodes 6-10) on my DVR so its not a biggie for me, and it also means we're likely to see #37 "Scream" (Season 2, Episode 12) on 9/9, finally in HD for DirecTv customers (as the first run glitched).

They actually did something right with the marathon stream for a change: they're showing #31-#35 all this week. With a surprising rerun skip to #36 on-air, I guess this is the best they could do.

I would say (for whatever reason) 9/9 will be the last 9-show Toonami for a while, and on 9/16 DBS returns to 11:30. Hopefully the good performers keep their timeslots and only certain shows (like JoJo and Lupin) are moved down.

And it looks like the AOT S2 final run count will likely be:

#26-#30: 3 runs each (premiere, marathon, rerun)

#31-#34: 2 runs each (premiere, marathon)

#35: 1 run (premiere only)

#36-#37: 2 runs each (premiere, rerun)

Kinda bummed that #35 only got on TV once, but I guess that's the way it goes. After all, MOST Toonami episodes are 1-and-done on TV! There has been no 2nd chance on Toonami TV for any episode of Samurai 7, Tenchi Muyo! GXP, Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Black Lagoon, Gurren Lagann, Hellsing Ultimate, Sword Art Online (I or II), InuYasha: The Final Act, Dimension W, Gundam Unicorn, Naruto Shippuden or Tokyo Ghoul, and it appears Lupin will probably suffer the same fate.

Very strange move but if we were to just lose the Titan rerun and got nothing else I'd be fine with that. I wonder what they are going to do with the front end and the back end of AS if both Jack and Titan go away?

The Rick and Mortys from 9 repeat at 4 and they don't seem like they can rerun the Family Guys, so they have to do SOMETHING with the 3am hour that's unique.

I'm not expecting great ratings this week with the Hurricaine (many people in Texas without power or homes period right now :( ), the fight, and it being the last hurrah for Summer (a lot of colleges started back up this week and those who haven't started school already are getting in their last vacations!) But it would be an across the board thing I'd imagine with the exception of the fight

I'm going to take these blank schedules as Toonami and AS really trying to figure out where things are going wrong and they haven't made a final choice on how to move forward. If that's the case and they are changing up the schedule yet again, they really need to make an announcement this week in order to let people know.

Too bad that advantage disappears when you look at traditional Nielsen ratings:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-26-2017.html

Final-Cable-2017-Aug-26.SAT_.png

8/26/2017 Dragon Ball Super (8:30) #16 (-10)

Adults 18-34 Rating - 0.35

Estimated 18-34 - 238,000 ( 35.05% )

Adults 18-49 Rating - 0.28

Estimated 18-49 - 359,000 ( 52.87% )

Total Viewers - 679,000

8/26/2017 DBZ Kai: Final Chapters #5 (-1)

Adults 18-34 Rating - 0.45

Estimated 18-34 - 306,000 ( 39.28% )

Adults 18-49 Rating - 0.37

Estimated 18-49 - 474,000 ( 60.85% )

Total Viewers - 779,000

8/26/2017 JJBA: Stardust Crusaders - #13 (-6)

Adults 18-34 Rating - 0.36

Estimated 18-34 - 245,000 ( 41.18% )

Adults 18-49 Rating - 0.28

Estimated 18-49 - 359,000 ( 60.34% )

Total Viewers - 595,000

8/26/2017 Tokyo Ghoul - #21 (-12)

Adults 18-34 Rating - 0.32

Estimated 18-34 - 217,000 ( 39.60% )

Adults 18-49 Rating - 0.25

Estimated 18-49 - 321,000 ( 58.58% )

Total Viewers - 548,000

8/26/2017 Lupin the 3rd - #49 (-25)

Adults 18-34 Rating - 0.26

Estimated 18-34 - 177,000 ( 39.51% )

Adults 18-49 Rating - 0.21

Estimated 18-49 - 269,000 ( 60.04% )

Total Viewers - 448,000

YUCK!! This is why we've got some kind of a shake-up coming on 9/9, it would seem!

Couple of interesting things going on here though: Mayweather vs. McGregor: Post-Fight on Fox Sports 1 was in a dead heat with Dragon Ball Super on Uniques of Social Content Ratings, only being edged out by the Toonami show due to Interactions. But it's 18-49 rating? A mere 0.16 and #68. Meanwhile, it was actually FS1's competitor, ESPN's SportsCenter, that reaped the benefits. It may have been an additive effect due to the fight and some low-level College Football games, but it and its cousin on ESPN2 enfeebled Toonami in most of its key timeslots (12 AM-3:06 AM). Despite all that, it seems low-rated College Football games lost to Dragon Ball Super at 8:30 and DBZ KFC at 11:30. Therefore, we may conclude that the influx of viewers to ESPN and ESPN2 after the fight was largely driven by the fight.

Second, note the rare number of slots that made the Top 50 for the Weather Channel. That is, of course, attributable to Hurricane Harvey, as constant coverage managed to crack the Top 50 a whopping 10 times (Weather Center Live). However, unlike the perfect social storm that happened 2 weeks ago that brought CNN and Fox News to the forefront, Lupin actually made the Top 50 at #49. Nonetheless, this isn't normal, but with this happening for the 2nd time in 3 weeks, and lower numbers throughout the month of August even than the already low numbers seen in July: the message is clear -- Toonami must accept or adapt.

This is about what I expected due to everything going on. A major city just straight up was taken out of the viewing audience and it may be this way for a few weeks. Just noticed you put 18-34 first this time. That's a good idea since that's the real target demo.

That's why I wish these charts would show actual audience share-  the percentage of viewers out of the  people ACTUALLY watching TV. Would provide much better context.

is Toonami in trouble? It shouldn't be considering it was a victim of things not its fault. Then again that was also true in 2014/2015 when the block got cut. I don't think the block can really get cut besides the rerun slot. AS is not going to just pull the plug when so many things have been paid for already. There are probably several deals in the bag for things next year. Dragonball isn't going anywhere and we have FLCL coming next year, so anyone thinking the block will get cancelled shouldn't worry. This is largely a problem with the way Saturday is configured: they split the premeire of their biggest new show between 2 timeslots and they cant build enough of an audience in prime time to give Toonami a good start anymore.  If we had this lineup

8:00 DBS Encore

8:30 KOTH

9:00 Bobs

10:00 American Dad

11:00 Family Guy

12:00 Toonami

It would yield the kind of numbers the block had in 2015/2016 (adjusted for overall cable viewership) But because of the TOEI thing and their lack of ability to use FOX shows we started the night sub 1 million total/ 0.4 18-49 and that's not going to change with this lineup. The fact that AS has Toonami blanked out for 9/9 but not the pregame lineup is not giving me a lot of confidence that they want to really address this.

Another part of the problem is the show choices. Toonami did VERY well in 2015/ early 2016 with shows that were relatively smaller profile but were more audience friendly. I feel like they got a little ahead of themselves and picked up some franchises (Jojo, Gundam, Lupin) that THEY really enjoy and were previously out of their reach as a show of their success. They obviously thought that they would be mega hits because of how BIG they are. They also started to go to Japan around this time and became very busy and some people theorized that this could have led to several long term deals that would populate the block for awhile as they would have less time to go out and find new shows every 3-6 months.

I feel bad for them because they probably thought that this would be the most powerful year ratings wise for the block and its turned out to be the worst.

Harvey takes out Texas so that's part of the ratings

The fight took another chunk of the ratings

And JoJo finds a way to kill off more ratings then lupin does the final blow

.... seems a change is in need to improve the ratings

JoJo dropped 24% of Kai in total viewers and adults 18-49, and 20% in adults 18-34, but it would seem the drop from Rick & Morty to the Tim & Eric special was way worse: T&E shed 65% in total viewers, 69% in Adults 18-49, and 63% in Adults 18-34, even though both beat anything Adult Swim/Toonami premieres were able to do on Saturday.

JoJo dropped 24% of Kai in total viewers and adults 18-49, and 20% in adults 18-34, but it would seem the drop from Rick & Morty to the Tim & Eric special was way worse: T&E shed 65% in total viewers, 69% in Adults 18-49, and 63% in Adults 18-34, even though both beat anything Adult Swim/Toonami premieres were able to do on Saturday.

they're better off airing toonami 8pm to 1230 no exceptions the ratings wouldn't take any hit and majority of the ratings are Eastern anyway

they're better off airing toonami 8pm to 1230 no exceptions the ratings wouldn't take any hit and majority of the ratings are Eastern anyway

Sorry, but I don't think that's right. Expanding on DBS's success at 8:30 by adding an hour of action programming and calling the block "Toonami Prime" or something like that from 8-10 would seem to be a decent idea though. I would move Kai down to 9 PM then follow with something like Fairy Tail or maybe even HxH at 9:30. Then rotating comedy 10-11, Family Guy at 11, and "Toonami Beyond" begins at Midnight with JoJo.

But I wouldn't do something like that until 2018, especially since we might be losing that 8 PM hour soon with Dragon Ball Super premieres winding up at 9 PM.

Harvey takes out Texas so that's part of the ratings

The fight took another chunk of the ratings

And JoJo finds a way to kill off more ratings then lupin does the final blow

.... seems a change is in need to improve the ratings

... didn't... the majority of Harvey hit landfall AFTER Toonami aired?

Okay... for as much as I want to go into the typical spiel that we don't need to see the action block's ratings, I can't help but think that [adult swim] is doing this to itself. I've seen many shades of 2014 in how poorly the schedule has been managed. For one thing, such a premiere as grandoise and all-reaching as Dragon Ball Super was promoted only a month in advance (as opposed to 5 1/2 months for DBZ Kai, one of the longest for any show on the new Toonami between announcement and premiere), and then they gave it probably the worst deal possible by cannibalizing their own channel space for premieres. One Piece got removed just two weeks after its announcement, which was even worse. And then they somehow decided to air a month of Samurai Jack reruns despite it already having been proven from AoT S1 why it's a bad idea. And then they shunted it all down to 11:30 for three weeks before putting Toonami's start time back at 11:00 again. That just confuses viewers. You already saw what happened when they did a similar move last year.

And now we still don't know the 9/9 schedule despite it being less than two weeks out, which is unacceptable. If they decide to do another major schedule revamp despite that you could probably get better ratings based on changing the shows, this would be pouring gasoline on the fire, and honestly, I guess the block deserves any ethreal punishments that occur. DeMarco needs to stop having a mental breakdown over politics... and drop the smugness, while he's at it, and actually start listening to people. This is one of those times where I think another "Manipulate the Manual" event would be good for the block.

Oh, and stop being such a doormat when it comes to DB Super. Somewhat obviously, the Toei deal wasn't worth it.

Okay... for as much as I want to go into the typical spiel that we don't need to see the action block's ratings, I can't help but think that [adult swim] is doing this to itself. I've seen many shades of 2014 in how poorly the schedule has been managed. For one thing, such a premiere as grandoise and all-reaching as Dragon Ball Super was promoted only a month in advance (as opposed to 5 1/2 months for DBZ Kai, one of the longest for any show on the new Toonami between announcement and premiere), and then they gave it probably the worst deal possible by cannibalizing their own channel space for premieres. One Piece got removed just two weeks after its announcement, which was even worse. And then they somehow decided to air a month of Samurai Jack reruns despite it already having been proven from AoT S1 why it's a bad idea. And then they shunted it all down to 11:30 for three weeks before putting Toonami's start time back at 11:00 again. That just confuses viewers. You already saw what happened when they did a similar move last year.

And now we still don't know the 9/9 schedule despite it being less than two weeks out, which is unacceptable. If they decide to do another major schedule revamp despite that you could probably get better ratings based on changing the shows, this would be pouring gasoline on the fire, and honestly, I guess the block deserves any ethreal punishments that occur. DeMarco needs to stop having a mental breakdown over politics... and drop the smugness, while he's at it, and actually start listening to people. This is one of those times where I think another "Manipulate the Manual" event would be good for the block.

Oh, and stop being such a doormat when it comes to DB Super. Somewhat obviously, the Toei deal wasn't worth it.

Exactly. This thing they do where things are promoted at literally the last week including schedule changes that don't even reflect on cable guides needs to stop. Removing promos for shows after the premiere and not running Toonami ads during your biggest show doesn't expose your stuff to a wider audience. Hiding the schedule to keep people in the dark isn't going to help things either.

The fact that WE knew Jack reruns wont work and they didn't is another issue all together. They are also doing it to Rick and Morty. The premeires do great, but its a one and done thing in the day and age of DVR and on Demand options.

It seems every time they do something and drive viewers away they don't come back. The April Fools stunt didn't help either and I really hope they don't do something next year that unexpectedly preempts the block. Mess with the packaging, do something fun , but don't have people tune in expecting to see their shows and they not be there.

I'm also disappointed in FUNimation for allowing the TOEI/Super thing considering they probably are in a better position to argue for it. Listen guys, kids networks didn't want it and you are better off just letting FUNimation and Toonami program this show to reach the audience that will actually buy your merchandise- the 20/30 something's that grew up with DBZ.

Funny you should mention the "Manipulate The Manual" event, because guess what we got out of that? Hellsing Ultimate, an OVA show that did great at first, well, great for 3 AM, averaging 859.5K total viewers and 492.5K adults 18-49 in its first 2 weeks in September 2014. But it fell into mediocrity following the Beware the Batman event despite a move up to 2 AM, and then for its ultimate episode X at midnight despite a promising penultimate episode the week before, it shattered the record for the lowest ratings for a Toonami show for 12-1:30, 591K total viewers, a record that has stood...until now.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders' 595K might be higher, but when you average in Tokyo Ghoul's 548K, you get 571.5K. We don't yet know what Hunter x Hunter's rating is, but it would take a huge uptick to a whopping 630K to tie Hellsing Ultimate X, and Hunter x Hunter just hasn't gotten numbers like those since being bumped abruptly to 1 AM. Fortunately, Hellsing Ultimate X only got 289K 18-49, and both JoJo and Ghoul were well above 300K last Saturday night, so it would take a bomb of a Hunter x Hunter episode to blast the demographic below the bomb that was HU X.

Sorry, but I don't think that's right. Expanding on DBS's success at 8:30 by adding an hour of action programming and calling the block "Toonami Prime" or something like that from 8-10 would seem to be a decent idea though. I would move Kai down to 9 PM then follow with something like Fairy Tail or maybe even HxH at 9:30. Then rotating comedy 10-11, Family Guy at 11, and "Toonami Beyond" begins at Midnight with JoJo.

But I wouldn't do something like that until 2018, especially since we might be losing that 8 PM hour soon with Dragon Ball Super premieres winding up at 9 PM.

That's not a bad idea. If something like Fairy Tail has to come to the block that would be a great place for it. I know next to nothing about the show though so I don't know how big of a hit it could be considering its age. I'm assuming its like One Piece but with wizards instead of Pirates? Does the main character strive to be "the best wizard" ever or something?

That's not a bad idea. If something like Fairy Tail has to come to the block that would be a great place for it. I know next to nothing about the show though so I don't know how big of a hit it could be considering its age. I'm assuming its like One Piece but with wizards instead of Pirates? Does the main character strive to be "the best wizard" ever or something?

It's like One Piece or Naruto. Except it doesn't look like shit and there's hot girls and tons of fan service everywhere. And the OVA's are almost hentai.

Minor first season spoilers in this video

It's like One Piece or Naruto. Except it doesn't look like shit and there's hot girls and tons of fan service everywhere. And the OVA's are almost hentai.

Minor first season spoilers in this video

Says a lot about you when your response to some asking for an intro's desc of Fairy Tail is to link to the 7th ecchi OVA. :D;)

Says a lot about you when your response to some asking for an intro's desc of Fairy Tail is to link to the 7th ecchi OVA. :D;)

What does it say about me, that I want to share the joy of Erza being spanked and dominated by Mira? You should be thanking me.

What does it say about me, that I want to share the joy of Erza being spanked and dominated by Mira? You should be thanking me.

Especially since I asked if the show would work in prime time hours.

Oh well, it's it gets people to watch Ill take anything at this point

Yeah it would work in prime time. Regular episodes have some moderate fan service but they're not insane like the OVA's.

The violence is very PG. There's no blood in the show ever, no matter how badly someone gets beaten up.

Toonami wouldn't play the OVAs. They didn't play the ones from AOT and KLK, so why would Fairy Tail's be an exception?

I wonder if they're trying to make some kind of deal to play a dub of the Super OVA though, even though it would be a crapload later in the series? They did do the One Piece Gold thing, right before losing One Piece, so hmm...

Believe it or not, Show Buzz Daily's update now includes the total viewers from Dragon Ball Super at 11 PM, so we now have:

TOTAL VIEWERS RETENTION

8:00 PM Dragon Ball Super (NPOT) 557,000

8:30 PM Dragon Ball Super (NPOT) 679,000 (121.90%)

11:00 PM Dragon Ball Super 825,000

11:30 PM DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters 779,000 (94.42%)

12:00 AM JJBA: Stardust Crusaders 595,000 (76.38%)

12:30 AM Tokyo Ghoul 548,000 (92.10%)

1:00 AM Hunter × Hunter 524,000 (95.62%)

1:30 AM Lupin The 3rd 448,000 (85.50%)

2:00 AM Naruto: Shippuden 510,000 (113.84%)

2:30 AM Outlaw Star 463,000 (90.78%)

3:00 AM Attack on Titan Season 2 451,000 (97.41%)

3:30 AM Samurai Jack (NPOT) 420,000 (93.13%)

TOONAMI TOTAL VIEWERS AVERAGE - 571,444

ADULTS 18-49 RETENTION

8:00 PM Dragon Ball Super (NPOT) 0.22

8:30 PM Dragon Ball Super (NPOT) 0.28 (127.27%)

11:00 PM Dragon Ball Super 0.39

11:30 PM DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters 0.37 (94.87%)

12:00 AM JJBA: Stardust Crusaders 0.28 (75.68%)

12:30 AM Tokyo Ghoul 0.25 (89.29%)

1:00 AM Hunter × Hunter 0.24 (96.00%)

1:30 AM Lupin The 3rd 0.21 (87.50%)

2:00 AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.23 (109.52%)

2:30 AM Outlaw Star 0.22 (95.65%)

3:00 AM Attack on Titan Season 2 0.22 (100.00%)

3:30 AM Samurai Jack (NPOT) 0.22 (100.00%)

So things didn't get much worse than Lupin at 1:30, and it was the lowlight of the block for 18-49, which is sad because it was a really good episode, but I guess Lupin just isn't agreeing with Toonami viewers? Shame, because if it were doing a bit better, Toonami might even get a world premiere of Part 5 next year!

Could the relatively strong finish be the effect of Outlaw Star? The last 3rd of the block is certainly doing better over the last 2 weeks (468.3K) vs. the 3 before (415.9K). But here comes the DBZ KFC marathon, so now all bets are off!

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-26-2017.html#comment-177391

Lupin got dunked on by the next THREE shows. Holy fuck that's awful.

The back of the block actually looks stronger now. But starting the block with 800k viewers for Super is god awful.

At this rate they may even move Outlaw Star UP!

Same problem as last week. Rick valleys in primetime and Famiky Guy doesn't recover enough. Super loses 300k to Family Guy and that's where Toonami starts the night

At this rate they may even move Outlaw Star UP!

Same problem as last week. Rick valleys in primetime and Famiky Guy doesn't recover enough. Super loses 300k to Family Guy and that's where Toonami starts the night

How do you KNOW that?!

http://programminginsider.com/ratings/final-nationals/saturday-final-nationals-mayweather-mcgregor-projected-set-new-pay-per-view-buys-record/

Oh.

Family guy at 1156K indeed means DBS dropped OVER 300K. Let that sink in. Also, a mere 71% retention rate in total viewers, and as for adults 18-49...

ADULTS 18-49 RETENTION

8:00 PM Dragon Ball Super (NPOT) 283,000

8:30 PM Dragon Ball Super (NPOT) 357,000 (126.15%)

10:30 PM Family Guy (NPOT) 683,000

11:00 PM Dragon Ball Super 505,000 (73.94%)

11:30 PM DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters 472,000 (93.47%)

12:00 AM JJBA: Stardust Crusaders 364,000 (77.12%)

12:30 AM Tokyo Ghoul 326,000 (89.56%)

1:00 AM Hunter × Hunter 311,000 (95.40%)

1:30 AM Lupin The 3rd 267,000 (85.85%)

2:00 AM Naruto: Shippuden 297,000 (111.24%)

2:30 AM Outlaw Star 283,000 (95.29%)

3:00 AM Attack on Titan Season 2 282,000 (99.65%)

3:30 AM Samurai Jack (NPOT) 287,000 (101.77%)

TOONAMI TOTAL VIEWERS AVERAGE - 345,222

I'm gonna assume that 387K for Samurai Jack is a typo, because if not, the ratings shares (tenths and hundredths) just don't match up. Either way, it doesn't affect Toonami's average of 345K. That mind-boggling decline of almost 180K for DBS correlates with the fact that Jason alluded to it possibly losing topicals on Pre-Flight this week. Hopefully, another, BIGGER show is coming in to take its place that will get topicals instead so it can move down to 11:30, and JoJo would also drop to 1:30 AM. If I could "shuffle the deck", here's what I'd go with on 9/9:

11 PM NEW EMERGENCY ACQUISITION SHOW TO BE ANNOUNCED AT DRAGON*CON

11:30 DBZ KFC

12 AM Dragon Ball Super

12:30 Hunter x Hunter

1 AM Tokyo Ghoul - Soon to be replaced with Gundam IBO S2

1:30 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

2 AM Shippuden

2:30 Outlaw Star

3 AM Attack On Titan on 9/9, replaced with Lupin on 9/16

But I digress. Back to the ratings:

CURRENT SHOW AVERAGES

Total Viewers

Dragon Ball Super (Prime Time Premieres) - 836,800 (30 episodes)

Dragon Ball Super (Toonami) - 1,037,871 (31 episodes)

Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 960,844 (32 episodes)

JoJo's Bizarre Adv.: Stardust Crusaders - 660,400 (5 episodes)

Tokyo Ghoul - 668,050 (20 episodes)

Hunter × Hunter - 772,453 (64 episodes)

Lupin the 3rd - 499,400 (10 episodes)

Naruto: Shippuden - 829,073 (171 episodes)

Outlaw Star HD - 459,500 (2 episodes)

Attack on Titan Season 2 Rerun - 396,000 (5 episodes)

Adults 18-49

Dragon Ball Super (Prime Time Premieres) - 410,633 (30 episodes)

Dragon Ball Super (Toonami) - 628,581 (31 episodes)

Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 580,469 (32 episodes)

JoJo's Bizarre Adv.: Stardust Crusaders - 402,200 (5 episodes)

Tokyo Ghoul - 407,400 (20 episodes)

Hunter × Hunter - 461,313 (64 episodes)

Lupin the 3rd - 293,500 (10 episodes)

Naruto: Shippuden - 459,946 (154 episodes)

Outlaw Star HD - 279,000 (2 episodes)

Attack on Titan Season 2 Rerun - 229,500 (5 episodes)

Adults 18-34 (Estimated)

Dragon Ball Super (Prime Time Premieres) - 263,379 (29 episodes)

Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 391,563 (32 episodes)

JoJo's Bizarre Adv.: Stardust Crusaders - 273,400 (5 episodes)

Tokyo Ghoul - 272,500 (20 episodes)

Lupin the 3rd - 202,333 (9 episodes)

Hello, averaging less than 500K viewers, Lupin! Shows airing in the midnight hour are in danger of falling below 400K viewers 18-49 on average. Tokyo Ghoul is almost over so it's less likely but JoJo: Stardust Crusaders is especially vulnerable.

• Raptorpat unpinned and locked this topic