UnevenEdge

Tokyo Ghoul:re Staff Revealed

PokeNirvash

For those who didn't hear already, Tokyo Ghoul's sequel manga, created in response to the negative reception towards Root A, is getting an anime adaptation, thus continuing the animated franchise. Today, the main staff was revealed.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-30/tokyo-ghoul-re-anime-main-staff-revealed/.123382

Sadly, Studio Pierrot is back to animated with the chief writer from the last series on board. However, there's a new director in charge (the assistant director for Super Lovers and Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid, director for Soul Buster and Naruto Shippuden's Shikamaru Hiden arc), and a new character designer.

This isn't a guarantee they'll fuck it up like they did with Root A, but I'm holding out hope that things go over better.

I, for one, patiently await the Kaneki/Touka sex scene, or at least what parts make it in.

I'm looking forward to it.

I'm not the type of person who absolutely has to have a 'happy ending' in every series watched or read but there were too many dangling strings at the end of Root A for there not to be plans, however tentative, to continue through the series.

Except I'm hearing rumors that the non cannon second season will be completely ignored and season 3 will act like none of it ever happened. What a mess.

Except I'm hearing rumors that the non cannon second season will be completely ignored and season 3 will act like none of it ever happened. What a mess.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too great. Hopefully that's all it is, rumors.

Plus....

the rumors could just be about the first few episodes too. In the TG:re manga, the whole thing starts like a brand new story because 'nothing happened, these people didn't exist' but takes a sharp turn back into the old story. 

I'm looking forward to it.

there were too many dangling strings at the end of Root A for there not to be plans, however tentative, to continue through the series.

That's the same impression I was left with, too. The season finale felt very incomplete. Earlier this month, I was talking to someone on an Anime site. He said this last season, that finished airing was a filler arc.

I recommend reading the character summaries, if you don't read the Tokyo Ghoul Manga. You will have a much better understanding of the series by simply reading the character summaries and descriptions.

The summaries and descriptions help clarify who each character and organization really are.

Aogiri Tree is a ghoul terrorist organization run by Yoshimura's daughter, Eto a.k.a. Horror novelist, "Sen Takatsuki." She's the ghoul that's often seen wrapped up like a mummy.

It would've been a lot better had they spent more time explaining it in Tokyo Ghoul's Anime because there's too much confusion with so many random characters.

That's the same impression I was left with, too. The season finale felt very incomplete. Earlier this month, I was talking to someone on an Anime site. He said this last season, that finished airing was a filler arc.

I recommend reading the character summaries, if you don't read the Tokyo Ghoul Manga. You will have a much better understanding of the series by simply reading the character summaries and descriptions.

The summaries and descriptions help clarify who each character and organization really are.

Aogiri Tree is a ghoul terrorist organization run by Yoshimura's daughter, Eto a.k.a. Horror novelist, "Sen Takatsuki." She's the ghoul that's often seen wrapped up like a mummy.

It would've been a lot better had they spent more time explaining it in Tokyo Ghoul's Anime because there's too much confusion with so many random characters.

I'm lucky in that I've read the Tokyo Ghoul manga and the light novels and have started TG:re. They all help to fill in the blanks at least.

I don't think there's ever really enough time in the course of what is allowed in an anime to really get into great detail if there are a lot of characters. There's always going to be that one person somewhere who screams about how some supporting character never got enough time even though they were only a supporting character (ex. Uta - I've seen fangirls / boys all over the place for Uta but there's no time in the anime for a purely Uta episode even if the writers, animators, and fans all wanted it) . There's even things about Kenaki that never get talked about in the anime because of time.

There's always going to be that one person somewhere who screams about how some supporting character never got enough time even though they were only a supporting character (ex. Uta - I've seen fangirls / boys all over the place for Uta but there's no time in the anime for a purely Uta episode even if the writers, animators, and fans all wanted it) .

Ah, so Uta does have a fan base. In a way, I sorta have to agree. He does have a significant role in the story, since he creates masks and is a part of the Clown gang with connections to Rize.

When I hear the name, "Uta" I automatically think about a German girl by the name of Uta because it is also a German name. Speaking of, I see the admin just posted that gif I sent them above. Hehe! ;)

Why are you posting this in here?

So they made a sequel manga because the sequel anime got a negative reaction?  Doesn't make much sense.  I mean, it's not like the anime negated the manga.  Probably just made a sequel manga because the first manga did well and a sequel was in demand, and the author had more story to tell.  Shouldn't there be a second more manga faithful anime adaptation?  Not really sure how this sequel manga adaptation will fix things since no one will know what is going on unless they read the manga.

I'm lucky in that I've read the Tokyo Ghoul manga and the light novels and have started TG:re. They all help to fill in the blanks at least.

I don't think there's ever really enough time in the course of what is allowed in an anime to really get into great detail if there are a lot of characters. There's always going to be that one person somewhere who screams about how some supporting character never got enough time even though they were only a supporting character (ex. Uta - I've seen fangirls / boys all over the place for Uta but there's no time in the anime for a purely Uta episode even if the writers, animators, and fans all wanted it) . There's even things about Kenaki that never get talked about in the anime because of time.

It has nothing to do with "time."  The anime production team could have adapted the manga properly if they chose to.  They were either lazy and half-assing it, or just wanted rush to get to the fights and edgy, gory stuff.  That's of course if you buy the story of the "manga is totally good for realsies!" people.  Even if the manga was adapted poorly, doesn't mean it was good.  For instance, many of the same retarded plot points and characters from the "unfaithful anime" and "filler second season" are straight from the manga, as mangled as they may be...

Ha yeah that was clearly the point of the series, kind of an X-Men theme... with mutants being persecuted just for being born.

But it would have been different if every mutant had to consume human flesh to survive......and they were all crazy assholes instead of just some of them being crazy assholes.

The amount of ghouls that were just plain crazy pretty much eliminated any chance of humans and ghouls ever living peacefully, so the entire concept of TG is just a big fail. I don't even really see any instances of humans being assholes to ghouls in the anime for no reason.

So long story short, Kaneki's origin story is ridiculous, and the premise of the entire thing just flat out doesn't work.

I don't even really see any instances of humans being assholes to ghouls in the anime for no reason.

There was at least one: that investigator, Mado.  I kept laughing my ass off every time the show tried to portray him in a sympathetic light, or treated his death as a sad event, or had his partner moping over his gravestone.  Yeah, I'm going to shed a tear over a guy who straight-up fucking murdered a woman in front of her own child and would have done the same to the kid too.  It was some hilarious tonal dissonance.

But yeah, everything you said about the ghouls is absolutely right.  If there'd been a sizable population of ghouls that were relatively normal, there could have been a half-interesting story buried in there involving seeking out a legitimate means of obtaining human flesh, like from morgues.  But that would have required a writer who had the first goddamn idea what they were doing.

There was at least one: that investigator, Mado.  I kept laughing my ass off every time the show tried to portray him in a sympathetic light, or treated his death as a sad event, or had his partner moping over his gravestone.  Yeah, I'm going to shed a tear over a guy who straight-up fucking murdered a woman in front of her own child and would have done the same to the kid too.  It was some hilarious tonal dissonance.

But yeah, everything you said about the ghouls is absolutely right.  If there'd been a sizable population of ghouls that were relatively normal, there could have been a half-interesting story buried in there involving seeking out a legitimate means of obtaining human flesh, like from morgues.  But that would have required a writer who had the first goddamn idea what they were doing.

Mado actually had some reasons though, his wife was killed by a ghoul. Not the best reason for slaughtering the innocent ghouls and their children but I guess it counts.

But yeah, turning him into a sympathetic figure and bringing in the daughter to cry over him after he kills a little girls mother in front of her? Uh .. lol? How is that better in the manga? Maybe they don't do that in the manga?

Also cloning technology exists, pretty sure society would have devoted a lot into that if it kept the super powered ghouls from ONLY having humans to eat.

Lackluster manga plus horrible studio = trainwreck

The same studio is currently fucking up Black Clover, people hate it. It was another highly anticipated release.

Mado actually had some reasons though, his wife was killed by a ghoul. Not the best reason for slaughtering the innocent ghouls and their children but I guess it counts.

But yeah, turning him into a sympathetic figure and bringing in the daughter to cry over him after he kills a little girls mother in front of her? Uh .. lol? How is that better in the manga? Maybe they don't do that in the manga?

Also cloning technology exists, pretty sure society would have devoted a lot into that if it kept the super powered ghouls from ONLY having humans to eat.

Lackluster manga plus horrible studio = trainwreck

The same studio is currently fucking up Black Clover, people hate it. It was another highly anticipated release.

okay but lets be real Black Clover once won a "worst new manga of the year" award

nobody was really looking forward to a Black Clover anime ::]::

okay but lets be real Black Clover once won a "worst new manga of the year" award

nobody was really looking forward to a Black Clover anime ::]::

Not only is it number 1 this season on Kissanime, it's already got an English Dub. People were excited for it and they're actually watching the anime.

Sympathetic or not, the one truth about Tokyo Ghoul was that Mado was entertaining as fuck.

Wish they'd changed the Series Composition writer too (while changing directors).

This.

And completely sadistically in front of her too, and rubbing it in at both of them while doing it.

That just broke everything, plus what the hell at doing it right after Hinami and Touka finally killed his sadistic ass. And he was being just as nasty as ever during that fight right up until his death. And then the rest of the season and second season like triples down on it with Mado's daughter and partner like you said who barely acknowledged how far he took his shit (I think even the daughter acknowledged it more than his partner).