UnevenEdge

has anyone here actually bought the new iphone

quebecelegy

to be fair, Samsung has a bad habit of putting a lot of bloat on their phones.

everyone should get stock Android

/nerd

Yeah straight android really is the best, gonna suck when I have to retire this phone, and I really need to.

Tmobile phones come out the box unlocked now...since 2014.

Yeah they also come with shittier network coverage than even Sprint, and that's saying something.

I like to have 4G in more places than a 5 square foot area in the middle of a metro city. Verizon is really the only choice for that.

I usually buy phones outright so I can get unlocked versions, but I financed my S8 since Best Buy had a $300 off deal.

Best Buy has been doing that, but fucking up people's accounts. Just make sure that THEY don't set your device up, and double check EVERYTHING.

They so regularly fuck everything up so badly, I have the carrier backline numbers memorized and on speed dial. :|

Best Buy has been doing that, but fucking up people's accounts. Just make sure that THEY don't set your device up, and double check EVERYTHING.

They so regularly fuck everything up so badly, I have the carrier backline numbers memorized and on speed dial. :|

IMO if you leave the store before making sure your phone is set up and working on your account, it's your own damn fault.

Pffft. I’m used to it. The sticker shock stops hurting after you do it a couple times. Especially with trade in and other stuff. I’m about to get a $1149 phone for like $325 after all that.

i was bouncing back and forth on a pixel 2 and decided against it. i could get it for $200 but i just don't need it

IMO if you leave the store before making sure your phone is set up and working on your account, it's your own damn fault.

I'm in the same school of thought, but if that establishment takes the phone from the customer and does it themselves (which, most of the employees do), then the customer is fucked, and it's not their fault. I guess because of where I work, I think differently. Also, because we let (or in some cases make) customers set up their on devices.