UnevenEdge

Debbie Reynolds Is Dead

MasqueradeOverture

Lol*

2016 aint done yet apparently. 

*im loling at just how many people seem to be dying in 2016 and in the past few days, not their death itself.  A family is now missing 2 loved ones tonight.  This is just freaking ridiculous.

I keep telling you people 2017 will be worse this is just the warm up

Are you that scared of Trump, Mochi?

have I not made it clear how terrified I am?

also don't threaten president elects.....especially not fascist ones who have actively endorsed and proclaimed that they intend to commit full scale genocide

have I not made it clear how terrified I am?

also don't threaten president elects.....especially not fascist ones who have actively endorsed and proclaimed that they intend to commit full scale genocide

You have every reason to be terrified.  Since Trump doesn't know what he's doing Mike Pence is going to be setting American domestic policy.  That's...shocking.

You have every reason to be terrified.  Since Trump doesn't know what he's doing Mike Pence is going to be setting American domestic policy.  That's...shocking.

supposedly he's already calling for the government to "register" all LGBT people and LGBT rights supporters

(Apparently some government organizations recieved instructions from the Trump cabinet to do this, whether they intend to do as their told is another story)

"registering" citezen's is the first step in mass internment

supposedly he's already calling for the government to "register" all LGBT people and LGBT rights supporters

(Apperently some government organizations recieved instructions from the Trump cabinet to do this, whether they intend to do as their told is another story)

"registering" citezen's is the first step in mass internment

I feel bad for gay people.  Here you were just a year ago thinking that you were finally approaching normalization in society with marriage rights and so forth.  Now you're all going to suffer untold horrors for trying to be open.  I'd try to get back in the closet if I were you, mochi...

not to minimize the death of debbie debbie debbie or anything, but i was watching tv (i think it was nbc, one of their regular prime time shows) and the network felt it necessary to make an announcement about her death in a crawling message during the broadcast. really? was it so profoundly important that it had to be announced at me while i'm in the middle of a new law & order?

celebrity obsession is the reason so many people are bent about all the 2016 celebrity deaths, not this notion that a disproportionately large number of celebrities died in 2016.

What's getting to people this year isn't just that a bunch of prominent celebrities died, but that the vast majority of them died in an untimely manner.  I mean 60 or less is way too goddamn young to go.  For Debbie Reynols in particular, if she had died of natural causes at this age, the general reaction would have been, "Aww, that's a shame, I loved her in those roles 50 years ago."  But when we all know that it was from being distraught over her own daughter's tragic death, that makes it all the worse.

dave mirra (41) died of apparent suicide and was suffering from CTE.

big ang (55) died of cancer.

joey feek (40) died of cancer.

phife dawg (45) died of complications due to diabetes.

chyna (46) died of overdose.

prince (57) died of overdose.

christina grimmie (27) was murdered.

anton yelchin (27) died in a car accident.

miss cleo (53) died of cancer.

lady chablis (59) died of pneumonia.

alexis arquette (47) died of heart failure / hiv.

jose fernandez (24) died in a boating accident.

george michael (53) died of heart failure.

ricky harris (54) died of heart failure.

carrie fisher (60) died of heart failure.

of all of these =<60 deaths, only a few i would consider "untimely," like anton yelchin, christina grimmie, jose fernandez, and possibly dave mirra and prince. but is that list of 15 really a lot of premature death, let alone untimely? i would guess not, but since we can't just guess at these things on a former cartoon message board and get away with it, let's look at 2015:

marque lynche (34) died of acute alcoholism.

scott weiland (48) died of overdose.

flip saunders (60) died of hodgkin lymphoma.

johnny strange (23) died in a wingsuiting accident.

moses malone (60) died of cardiovascular disease.

darryl dawkins (58) died of heart failure.

bobbi kristina brown (22) died of probable drug overdose.

jackson vroman (34) died of accidental head trauma.

beau biden (46) died of brain cancer.

sam simon (59) died of colon cancer.

taylor negron (57) died of cancer.

stuart scott (49) died of cancer.

don vito margera (59) died of kidney failure.

and there were a lot of icons 60+ that died in 2015 as well, like leonard nimoy, bb king, christopher lee, dick van patten, frank gifford, yogi berra, wes craven, ben e king, rowdy roddy piper, fred thompson, lemmy, and ernie banks.

i just don't think 2016 is unique for any reason, other than people's obsession with celebrity has maybe reached a new high.

not to minimize the death of debbie debbie debbie or anything, but i was watching tv (i think it was nbc, one of their regular prime time shows) and the network felt it necessary to make an announcement about her death in a crawling message during the broadcast. really? was it so profoundly important that it had to be announced at me while i'm in the middle of a new law & order?

celebrity obsession is the reason so many people are bent about all the 2016 celebrity deaths, not this notion that a disproportionately large number of celebrities died in 2016.

Biiiiiiingo.

More people are famous right now than at any other point in history for more reasons than ever, thanks to our celebrity-oriented culture. It makes sense that more famous people are dying because of that.

To be honest, if Carrie Fisher hadn't immediately predeceased her, how many people's reaction to Debbie Reynolds death would have been "Wow! I didn't even know she was still alive!"

Probably not many.  Debbie was fairly good at staying in the public eye.