UnevenEdge

American Horror Story: Cult

1pooh4u

I'm not loving it so far. It's too much in your face with political messages but I will give it a chance to come together

yeah, that's why I'm not watching it S:

I'm getting enough of the bleakness of the current political situation (having a Nazi president and being on the Brink of a Nuclear war) from reality I don't need it from works of fiction right now

I'm not loving it so far. It's too much in your face with political messages but I will give it a chance to come together

It feels too real

like, not a bit of it seems like fantasy in this fantasy/horror series

it feels like I was watching tv and flipping between fox and cnn

why wouldn't the sarah Paulson/Allison pill couple believe their son over the nanny that they knew for a few days? when the kid can just turn around and say everything  the nanny showed him?

I hope it all comes together, as calamitous as It seems

sidenote: chaz bono in a trump hat was jarring to see.

yeah, that's why I'm not watching it S:

I'm getting enough of the bleakness of the current political situation (having a Nazi president and being on the Brink of a Nuclear war) from reality I don't need it from works of fiction right now

it even starts with actual clips of Trump

It feels too real

like, not a bit of it seems like fantasy in this fantasy/horror series

it feels like I was watching tv and flipping between fox and cnn

why wouldn't the sarah Paulson/Allison pill couple believe their son over the nanny that they knew for a few days? when the kid can just turn around and say everything  the nanny showed him?

I hope it all comes together, as calamitous as It seems

sidenote: chaz bono in a trump hat was jarring to see.

That was Chaz in the grocery store?

I didn't get why they chose to believe Winter either.  Now it seems Kai will run for some type of office.

This better get good otherwise this will wind up being my least favorite season. I'm not even sure I like Sarah Paulson's character at all.

She's just a total mess.

That was Chaz in the grocery store?

yes

43FA17AA00000578-4858824-image-m-85_1504717173636.jpg

I didn't get why they chose to believe Winter either.  Now it seems Kai will run for some type of office.

people are fawning over billie lourd, but her performance is very flat, almost robotic, but idk, maybe she was directed that way.

they made a big deal about lena dunham joining the cast, but them name-drop her in the first ep, establishing her in the AHS universe, so she could only play herself now, actors playing themselves is boring as shit.

And I like AHS having historical elements (i.e. black dahlia, madam laveau, Rudolph valentine, Edward mordrake, Roanoke) not current news as a backdrop. They need another season set in a time period like season 2 was mostly in the 1960s.

This season is shaping up to be weak, I hope it gets better.

yes

people are fawning over billie lourd, but her performance is very flat, almost robotic, but idk, maybe she was directed that way.

they made a big deal about lena dunham joining the cast, but them name-drop her in the first ep, establishing her in the AHS universe, so she could only play herself now, actors playing themselves is boring as shit.

And I like AHS having historical elements (i.e. black dahlia, madam laveau, Rudolph valentine, Edward mordrake, Roanoke) not current news as a backdrop. They need another season set in a time period like season 2 was mostly in the 1960s.

Billie Lourde was purposely flat I think she's supposed to be so shocked by the election results

I didn't like Evan Peter's spiel to I guess the city council or the councilman's retort. The whole 4chan mom basement bit.

I agree with you. I like when they flip back and forth through time.

I hope they air that secret season to make up for this lol

One more thing I noticed in this and I see in almost every part of television

the lesbian couple's friends/neighbours, the Asian couple that got murdered, Why on tv are Asians only married to other Asians? I would think the super progressive show producers and writers would be above using that trope.

and I had to read articles about this season to figure out that evan peters and billie lord's characters were siblings.

One more thing I noticed in this and I see in almost every part of television

the lesbian couple's friends/neighbours, the Asian couple that got murdered, Why on tv are Asians only married to other Asians? I would think the super progressive show producers and writers would be above using that trope.

and I had to read articles about this season to figure out that evan peters and billie lord's characters were siblings.

Siblings? No shit.

yes

This plus clips of Trump are a 'Hellll No!' for me.

This plus clips of Trump are a 'Hellll No!' for me.

I think the creators made a huge mistake going in this direction so far it's all about the anxiety people went through after he won and PoS feeling empowered to do wtf they want. I watch this show as an escape not to watch what I see people go through everyday

I could be jumping the gun and it can turn out to be a great season I'm just super skeptical right now S:

Just as I predicted earlier in the year!

But I understand why people are put off by this years AHS. It sounds interesting on paper, but the election was just last year, and it feels alot less enjoyable when the backdrop is something that's happening right now, albeit with some supernatural flair to it. The joke I did earlier in the year was about the Inauguration being the next AHS, but that's why I have a hunch that this season might not be as good; you could watch the news for the same  effect.

Just as I predicted earlier in the year!

But I understand why people are put off by this years AHS. It sounds interesting on paper, but the election was just last year, and it feels alot less enjoyable when the backdrop is something that's happening right now, albeit with some supernatural flair to it. The joke I did earlier in the year was about the Inauguration being the next AHS, but that's why I have a hunch that this season might not be as good; you could watch the news for the same  effect.

Exactly!  And I remember when you made that thread :catlol

Have you ever watched a single season?  Why don't you like him?

I've watched his other shows

all his shows seem to be written from a stand-point of him being afraid to do anything that might offend straight people, all his gay characters are stereotypical and insulting, sort of seeming like carbon copies of Jack from Will & Grace, and he's one of these writers who goes out of his way to make all his characters horrible people who the Audience shouldn't be rooting for

I've watched his other shows

all his shows seem to be written from a stand-point of him being afraid to do anything that might offend straight people, all his gay characters are stereotypical and insulting, sort of seeming like carbon copies of Jack from Will & Grace, and he's one of these writers who goes out of his way to make all his characters horrible people who the Audience shouldn't be rooting for

You woulda hated Hotel then he had a gay character fall for lady Gaga but to be fair she was an 100+ year old vampire so who knows what sway she held over the sexes.

As for his portrayal of lgbtq characters I'm not looking at them thinking it's a realistic portrayal mostly cuz no relationships in entertainment are realistic imo.

Lol, yeah the main character right now, Nicky, I think is her name (played by Sarah Paulson) is annoying to me atm. Afraid of everything and she has a scene with her therapist where she fawns over Obama and says how proud she was of him. I think that my be my shit though. I'm not one to express pride in others. It's insulting imo, like who the fuck am I to be proud of someone else's accomplishments. I dunno I'm probably just a crotchety old lady on this point.  :catlol

I'll be rewatching the ep in a few days when my bf comes back from his trip. But I hafta pretend i'm seeing it for the first time cuz I couldn't wait for him to watch it  :catlol

I've done that before and when he asked why the title was no longer bolded I was like, "Nah, I hit play but stopped it" :catlol

a little insulting to women to say that's disgusting, but ok, I'm not insulted, I know why you said that

I kinda feel the same way because the 'Everyone gay just luurrvs Lady Gaga!' crap annoys the shit out of me. Ryan Murphy has been on my shitlist repeatedly because I've been watching his stuff since Nip/Tuck. He does have talent but like the Wachowskis, his storylines can go off the rails real quick if it's not self-contained. I think that's why American Crime Story, American Horror Story(Excluding Cult), and Feud are better received by critics than his other stuff(Glee past the second season made me want to put my foot up his ass multiple times).

I kinda feel the same way because the 'Everyone gay just luurrvs Lady Gaga!' crap annoys the shit out of me. Ryan Murphy has been on my shitlist repeatedly because I've been watching his stuff since Nip/Tuck. He does have talent but like the Wachowskis, his storylines can go off the rails real quick if it's not self-contained. I think that's why American Crime Story, American Horror Story(Excluding Cult), and Feud are better received by critics than his other stuff(Glee past the second season made me want to put my foot up his ass multiple times).

I don't think it was an "Everyone gay just luurrvs Lady Gaga" as much as it was her character was a pretty old vampire that was sexually enticing to humans regardless of their declared orientation.  She did kind of force herself on him from what I recall, she had an endgame though, it wasn't like she just wanted to screw a gay dude.

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure the gay character was ever shown with another man at all and if he was it was so unremarkable that I don't remember it cat|

I'm remembering the scene now, the dude was like, "You know I'm gay" Gaga, "Blah blah blah" and he explains that he just can't get his dick hard with women.

Gaga was like, challenge excepted

Yeah, I guess I can totally see the problem with that even though she had a motive beyond wanting to bang him out of lust

I'm remembering the scene now, the dude was like, "You know I'm gay" Gaga, "Blah blah blah" and he explains that he just can't get his dick hard with women.

Gaga was like, challenge excepted

Yeah, I guess I can totally see the problem with that even though she had a motive beyond wanting to bang him out of lust

I repeat, that's Disgusting

and there is no excuse for it, it's homophobic pure and simple

what you just described actually is, I admit I do over-react sometimes but I'm pretty confident I'm not wrong about this

She needed the dude to marry her so she could keep the building, there actually was a story line, not homophobia

I won't be discussing that season any further in this thread

She needed the dude to marry her so she could keep the building, there actually was a story line, not homophobia

I won't be discussing that season any further in this thread

you should have never brought it up IMO, I was perfectly fine not knowing Gaga raped a Gay man

you should have never brought it up IMO, I was perfectly fine not knowing Gaga raped a Gay man

I didn't expect a 3 hour lecture on it either and as I said it wasn't rape

You know what, fuck it, keep acting like this is real life and Lady Gaga raped a gay man, that's fine too.

I didn't expect a 3 hour lecture on it either and as I said it wasn't rape

You know what, fuck it, keep acting like this is real life and Lady Gaga raped a gay man, that's fine too.

oh come on I know it's not real, I'm just saying if I didn't wanna watch AHS before this discussion I REALLY don't wanna watch it now :|

let's just leave it at that

oh come on I know it's not real, I'm just saying if I didn't wanna watch AHS before this discussion I REALLY don't wanna watch it now :|

let's just leave it at that

lol, I'm sorry.  You know I love you in a platonic way :catP

If I could I'd give you a nuggie (lol, I just aged myself big time)

Episode 2- Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

I know that madness is a lot of what this season is, but I hate when i'm watching a horror movie/show that has a character who has hallucinations. I want to know what's real in what i'm watching and its almost always a "gotcha" when something turns out to be a hallucination/dream.

They introduced some new character. just to kill them. And the new neighbours across the street. I find billy eichner annoying. And clearly they were colluding with Kai filming his "attack".

Ally is the most annoying character in a few seasons of the show, and Ivy is doing almost nothing for the show.

And I don't like that this show is relying heavily on the racism brought upon by trump, as if that's the scariest part of his election. If there is a latino character, right away there is someone there being racist against them in the name of trump.

Episode 2- Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

I know that madness is a lot of what this season is, but I hate when i'm watching a horror movie/show that has a character who has hallucinations. I want to know what's real in what i'm watching and its almost always a "gotcha" when something turns out to be a hallucination/dream.

They introduced some new character. just to kill them. And the new neighbours across the street. I find billy eichner annoying. And clearly they were colluding with Kai filming his "attack".

Ally is the most annoying character in a few seasons of the show, and Ivy is doing almost nothing for the show.

And I don't like that this show is relying heavily on the racism brought upon by trump, as if that's the scariest part of his election. If there is a latino character, right away there is someone there being racist against them in the name of trump.

Pretty much thought this was a predictable episode.

Ally is very annoying I don't get why Winter is still employed she's obviously awful at her job

Pretty much thought this was a predictable episode.

Ally is very annoying I don't get why Winter is still employed she's obviously awful at her job

this is shaping up to be the worst season yet

but hey, at least Kathy bates isn't in this one, I thought she was really good in season 3, one of the best things about coven really, but the last few seasons, she's just kinda been.....there.

this is shaping up to be the worst season yet

but hey, at least Kathy bates isn't in this one, I thought she was really good in season 3, one of the best things about coven really, but the last few seasons, she's just kinda been.....there.

Really?  I liked Kathy Bates in every season she was in.

"the monster is the world". Sarah Paulson on some talk show

to get back on topic myself

largely what I'm getting out of this thread and other discussions I've seen is that the political commentary is super super heavy handed and in your face and NOBODY is digging it

Yeah it's terrible so far

Ally gets a gun from a neighbor. There's an incident with a Latino dude and a white guy at the Butchery. You just knew the white dude was gonna wind up dead and the Latino blamed and someone was gonna get accidentally shot.

The Mexican gets accidentally shot. Also you'd really hate this show. It's terrible. The lesbian and gay characters are also badly written

This shit better improve fast.

Don't like how Sarah Paulson's character was about to cheat on her wife. Like why was that there?

Don't like the couple across the street. That "if we weren't married by 35" bullshit.

Hated with the fist of an angry god the whole "I let him go once a week to do his thing....he doesn't embarrass me and he takes his Truvada"

cat|

Yeah it's terrible so far

Ally gets a gun from a neighbor. There's an incident with a Latino dude and a white guy at the Butchery. You just knew the white dude was gonna wind up dead and the Latino blamed and someone was gonna get accidentally shot.

The Mexican gets accidentally shot.

Also you'd really hate this show. It's terrible. The lesbian and gay characters are also badly written

Pooh the same can and SHOULD be said of literally every show Ryan Murphy has ever made

the man either has INTENSE internalized Homophobia or is a Milo Yannopolis wannabe I swear

For those that don't know Truvada is an anti-retro viral drug used to treat HIV patients as well as PREP a therapy as a prevention to catching HIV

There was so much wrong with that scene.

Still watching though cuz I like self abuse

I actually sort of signed up for Prep....(I mean I have Grindr on my phone now assuming I ever use it I figure I should be careful)

This shit better improve fast.

Don't like how Sarah Paulson's character was about to cheat on her wife. Like why was that there?

Don't like the couple across the street. That "if we weren't married by 35" bullshit.

Hated with the fist of an angry god the whole "I let him go once a week to do his thing....he doesn't embarrass me and he takes his Truvada"

cat|

I don't wanna bring up an old argument but honestly Gaga's character curing a man of his Gayness should've been a red-flag about how future Gay storylines in AHS were gonna play out ::]:: ....just sayin'