UnevenEdge

sittin' in the kitchen..

discolé monade

Talk about cruelty

I can almost top that one since I can and have biked to that KFC when the cravings got to be too dang much. :D

I'm in love with at least the idea of those seafood pots shown in those commercials for Joe's Crab Shack. There is no such thing as a Joe's Crab Shack in the entire state.

I've never had Popeye's, the one here is a disgusting grease pit that is just a single flicked cigarette away from going up but I've heard they do them decent in the South. I saw a Popeye's at the Peachtree Mall in Atlanta. I went back when I had a moment and couldn't find it. It's like it's right at the entrance to the Hogwarts Express because the dang thing disappeared. Popeye's denied. I had to settle for DQ.  >:D

I can almost top that one since I can and have biked to that KFC when the cravings got to be too dang much. :D

I'm in love with at least the idea of those seafood pots shown in those commercials for Joe's Crab Shack. There is no such thing as a Joe's Crab Shack in the entire state.

I've never had Popeye's, the one here is a disgusting grease pit that is just a single flicked cigarette away from going up but I've heard they do them decent in the South. I saw a Popeye's at the Peachtree Mall in Atlanta. I went back when I had a moment and couldn't find it. It's like it's right at the entrance to the Hogwarts Express because the dang thing disappeared. Popeye's denied. I had to settle for DQ.  >:D

I heard all the Joe Crab shacks were permanently closing

I have never seen it, but I have been curious about Gus's Fried Chicken that's near the Benihana I think.

fryin' up some chicken.  :|

>:D

but seriously. i am.

Every time I fry chicken I go way overboard on the portions. I always marinade more than I realize, (or maybe I'm subconsciously being a fatty-kins), and just act like I have to fry it all that day. My worst offense was the time I made 120+ chicken tenders. For two people.

Every time I fry chicken I go way overboard on the portions. I always marinade more than I realize, (or maybe I'm subconsciously being a fatty-kins), and just act like I have to fry it all that day. My worst offense was the time I made 120+ chicken tenders. For two people.

holy wow. 120+ that's a lot of nuggets.

i do a double dip. i soak the chicken in buttermilk, than the flour mix, back to the butter milk, then flour, than that hot hot grease....mmmmm.

I'm so jealous of you being able to eat so much. You and Disco are making me hungry as hell too!

holy wow. 120+ that's a lot of nuggets.

i do a double dip. i soak the chicken in buttermilk, than the flour mix, back to the butter milk, then flour, than that hot hot grease....mmmmm.

There was also a good little pile of mozerella sticks I made, too. We ended up calling like 5 or 6 people to come over and take some.

I double dip in the batter, as well. That particular batch wasn't buttermilk chicken, though. Kitchen always looked like it belonged to Scarface cause of all the shifting I was doing just to get through the batches with fluffy flour.

I'm so jealous of you being able to eat so much. You and Disco are making me hungry as hell too!

Oh gosh I could never eat all that D: like I said we called people to come get some of it.

Doesn't help that I once worked at a chicken restaurant and was allowed to bring home some of the excess food. So the fridge might have dozens of tenders, macaroni and cheese, rice, dark meat, and rolls from work. That 120+ tender meal was a different kind of chicken, though.

There was also a good little pile of mozerella sticks I made, too. We ended up calling like 5 or 6 people to come over and take some.

I double dip in the batter, as well. That particular batch wasn't buttermilk chicken, though. Kitchen always looked like it belonged to Scarface cause of all the shifting I was doing just to get through the batches with fluffy flour.

>:D >:D >:D

I have never seen it, but I have been curious about Gus's Fried Chicken that's near the Benihana I think.

Sounds familiar. I think it's around a corner from the Benihana. I have to watch very carefully what all I eat, especially when traveling, because I don't like having a bad food day on vacation. So most of the time, known greasy foods like fried chicken are out. DQ's mushroom and swiss is mostly safe since it doesn't have lettuce and usually stays down. I love the hell out of the sushi place but so does everyone else - the only day I can see myself getting sushis without having to stand in line for an hour is Thursday after I get my badge and sticker and before I settle down at the hotel. I'm already hungry for eel bits.  :P

Misaka[/member] - NO! I haven't had a Joe's Crabshack super pot of seafoods yet! >:(

Sounds familiar. I think it's around a corner from the Benihana. I have to watch very carefully what all I eat, especially when traveling, because I don't like having a bad food day on vacation. So most of the time, known greasy foods like fried chicken are out. DQ's mushroom and swiss is mostly safe since it doesn't have lettuce and usually stays down. I love the hell out of the sushi place but so does everyone else - the only day I can see myself getting sushis without having to stand in line for an hour is Thursday after I get my badge and sticker and before I settle down at the hotel. I'm already hungry for eel bits.  :P

Misaka[/member] - NO! I haven't had a Joe's Crabshack super pot of seafoods yet! >:(

katt_goddess[/member]

https://consumerist.com/2017/08/14/heres-a-partial-list-of-closed-joes-crab-shack-brick-house-tavern-locations/

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/08/24/two-more-joes-crab-shack-locations-close-in.html

Proof enough

Oh ye gawds, they are going to be owned by the same people who own The Rainforest Café chain? It's going to reopen them all and feature a single shrimp on a sea of rice for $12.95.  :|

You are not alone. I'm lactose intolerant and will eat some ice cream at home, but I won't touch it while out and about. Food lines aren't bad for me because I wait to eat when multiple big panels are scheduled.