UnevenEdge

Outlaw Star HD episode 1 discussion(In loving memory of Luuv)

mochi

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a special note to any new viewers watching this show blind (if there even are any)

it's not your ordinary space adventure anime, for what ever reason there is a TON of Swords and Sorcery Lord of the Rings type Mythology incorporated into the show in addition to the aliens and spaceships

Damn, had no idea.

I haven't seen this show in like 10 years

Same. Unfortunately I'm going to have to catch the first episode tomorrow since I've got to be up at like 7:00 in the morning this one weekend, sucks that it's a premiere weekend I always especially enjoy those...

Hopefully this run earns it a lot of new fans since there will probably be quite a few viewers who have never seen this before since it's been so long, and the HD remaster looks like a very good one.

Damn, had no idea.

Same. Unfortunately I'm going to have to catch the first episode tomorrow since I've got to be up at like 7:00 in the morning this one weekend, sucks that it's a premiere weekend I always especially enjoy those...

Hopefully this run earns it a lot of new fans since there will probably be quite a few viewers who have never seen this before since it's been so long, and the HD remaster looks like a very good one.

I see.thanks for stopping by tonight for a bit at least

I haven't seen Outlaw Star in fifteen years, but I recall the first episode or two being excellent (The sci-fi thriller escape Hilda part), but after that there's a long stretch where it's episodic with a bunch of stand alone adventures that don't advance the general plot. I still have to give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 overall.

Damn, had no idea.

Sorry to hear that dude, but catch u next week

Space...

Oh man, does this ever take me back. I still remember the old Toonami promos they ran for this show all the time. So awesome to see it back again. Too bad it gets buried so late at night. It deserves better. Wish they would have put this in place of Tokyo Ghoul. Would probably get better ratings, even after all this time. :)