UnevenEdge

Training for next year's Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic

Bouvre

202 miles, in either 1 or 2 days.

I definitely wanna shoot for one day, but I'd have to maintain an average of about 20 miles per hour, which is pretty much a Tour de France average speed, given the distance.

200 miles in one day?  That seems a bit too ambitious, even for a an actual Tour rider.

Guest Zintar

Meeting up is some wicked additional incentive; I'd love that!

Cool. Let's do it then. My work schedule is pretty casual so I'm sure I would have the time.

200 miles in one day?  That seems a bit too ambitious, even for a an actual Tour rider.

About 10 percent manage to do it each year.

I've also known people who have done more than that in a day, and everesting is its own absurd challenge.

About 10 percent manage to do it each year.

I've also known people who have done more than that in a day, and everesting is its own absurd challenge.

I used to do century rides on a regular basis too, with one of those routes including cycling up and down a mountain. The major hindrance here is my 2 years in new Hampshire caused me to slack, so I'm picking up back near the beginning.

Well, if you centuried before, you have the skill to do it.  But, damn, I can't imagine that's going to be any fun.

Damn, that feeling when you make it though...

All the adrenaline burned from your body, and you're at peace, and you can barely walk, and your digestive system returns to a normal routine.

It's incredible.

Damn, that feeling when you make it though...

All the adrenaline burned from your body, and you're at peace, and you can barely walk, and your digestive system returns to a normal routine.

It's incredible.

I imagine it's much like the relay race to Mt Whitney.  What kind of steed do you ride?

Good luck.

Personally, I'd rather shoot myself in the face than ride a bike for 200+ miles.  whut

I feel that way about running, funny enough. My husband runs and I just can't handle going that slow for a short distance and feeling just as burned out.

I've never actually given this much thought, but I'm beginning to understand why Lance took steroids  :|

Because he's an aging cyclist overcoming a form of cancer whilst still trying to uphold the glory of winning a ~2000 mile race and to inspire a positive outlook on himself and the nature of recovery?

Because he's an aging cyclist overcoming a form of cancer whilst still trying to uphold the glory of winning a ~2000 mile race and to inspire a positive outlook on himself and the nature of recovery?

Sounds like you're justifying his cheating.

But I shouldn't talk, I still like Barry Bonds and am glad he is the holder of the two home run records. >_>

Sounds like you're justifying his cheating.

But I shouldn't talk, I still like Barry Bonds and am glad he is the holder of the two home run records. >_>

Nah, I ain't justifying it. Providing an explanation.

hmm, that could be it.......or he could of been so god damn bored peddling for hundreds of miles that he would of done anything to get it done faster  ;D

hmm, that could be it.......or he could of been so god damn bored peddling for hundreds of miles that he would of done anything to get it done faster  ;D

:D

Fair, though TdF is brutal as fuck. Cyclist pileups, urine in people's faces, people finishing the remainder of a stage with broken bones, people getting up from a 25 mph crash and getting patched up by a medic hanging out of a moving car. It's wild.

Good luck with that, my fat ass is not doing that shit.

Give me a video game and I'll do it and smoke a joint with a side of false sense of accomplishment.

Accomplishing a sense of bliss and joy ain't nothing to shake your head at. :P

:D

Fair, though TdF is brutal as fuck. Cyclist pileups, urine in people's faces, people finishing the remainder of a stage with broken bones, people getting up from a 25 mph crash and getting patched up by a medic hanging out of a moving car. It's wild.

woah, wtf.....someone should fire whoever does their publicity 'cause I know way  more people would be watching cycling if they knew we'd entered rollerball levels of insanity

Hopefully with less urine tossed in my face.

Juan Manuel Marquez drank his own urine during the training to fight Pacquiao.

Was trying to find the video of Pac reacting to it but couldn't find a good one, it's funny as hell tho.

woah, wtf.....someone should fire whoever does their publicity 'cause I know way  more people would be watching cycling if they knew we'd entered rollerball levels of insanity

It's certainly not everyday these things happen but they're always big in terms of turns of events. Like Tony Martin winning stage five in 2015 and breaking his collarbone in stage six.

The rest is waiting and watching for subtle mind games, racing strategy and all-out displays of strength.