UnevenEdge

Game of Thrones S7 - Discussion

Sawdamizer

Yes, I can finally click on the spoilers holy shit!

People did predict this possibility but watching the zombies lugging those giant chains from that frozen lake or whatever got me excited for shit to go down.

Now one annoying thing in these last episodes is the increasing plot armor which most of these gritty fantasy stories suffer from towards their conclusion. The rushing to wrap up the show is also causing me to care less about the storylines unconnected to fighting the Night King. All the scheming now feels cartoonish because there's no time for subtlety like with the Sansa/Arya/Little Finger drama that just annoys me.

don't let the lull trick you....people are for sure gonna start dying...

also, where the hell did they get the chains....I mean it was a cool scene and all, but wtf....

Hey, do you think Sansa sent Brienne to Kings Landing so there would be no one around to protect Arya?

I know this is unlikely, but I think she might be up to no good....Arya can tell if people are lying and when they played the game of faces, wouldn't you expect her to go "oh wait, you're telling the truth, you were forced to wright this stuff and didn't mean any of it"....instead she seemed unimpressed by Sansa's excuses....

more than likely though, I think Arya kills Baelish and wears his face throughout season 8

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, where the hell did they get the chains....I mean it was a cool scene and all, but wtf....

that whole scene bothered the fuck outta me.

where the hell those chains come from that quickly? especially chaings that fucking big... i mean, themselves they would have to be extremely long for the amount of walkers it would take to drag, both the weight in chain and the weight of a FUCKING DRAGON!? way too much suspension of belief in that scene for my comfort. but whatever i guess... TV.

also, the shit with Jon and Daenerys is starting to gag me. its coming on too thick, don'tcha think? or maybe thats just me cuz i'm kinda like that with romancy things.

AND BRAN! for fucks sake, the kid can possess living creatures. when he gonna get in a dragon yo?

Yes, I can finally click on the spoilers holy shit!

People did predict this possibility but watching the zombies lugging those giant chains from that frozen lake or whatever got me excited for shit to go down.

Now one annoying thing in these last episodes is the increasing plot armor which most of these gritty fantasy stories suffer from towards their conclusion. The rushing to wrap up the show is also causing me to care less about the storylines unconnected to fighting the Night King. All the scheming now feels cartoonish because there's no time for subtlety like with the Sansa/Arya/Little Finger drama that just annoys me.

i think its a matter of cost.

like, with two seasons left, where to you dump your money? the dragon and walker biz costs a shit ton to do. do you skimp on the battles that have to happen so that you can afford the extra build up, the scheming, information, and character development.

i agree that its frustrating, i just think that is a very possible reason as to why.

also, the shit with Jon and Daenerys is starting to gag me. its coming on too thick, don'tcha think? or maybe thats just me cuz i'm kinda like that with romancy things.

Her at the wall waiting for Jon right after one of her dragons died did earn an eyeroll out of me.

i think its a matter of cost.

like, with two seasons left, where to you dump your money? the dragon and walker biz costs a shit ton to do. do you skimp on the battles that have to happen so that you can afford the extra build up, the scheming, information, and character development.

i agree that its frustrating, i just think that is a very possible reason as to why.

The budget probably is a big issue this season, but I still wish that I could have all the nice things. The big battles, the beautiful dragons, and the story moving at a believable pace with less hand-waving. Why can't some nice billionaire make all of this happen?

where the hell those chains come from that quickly? especially chaings that fucking big... i mean, themselves they would have to be extremely long for the amount of walkers it would take to drag, both the weight in chain and the weight of a FUCKING DRAGON!? way too much suspension of belief in that scene for my comfort. but whatever i guess... TV.

AND BRAN! for fucks sake, the kid can possess living creatures. when he gonna get in a dragon yo?

So apparently chains like that are used to move ships in and out of water so they probably got them from the docks at hardhome...that's what the GOT forums say anyway >.>

so far the Jon and Daenerys bit isn't coming off right 'cause it's forced as fuck....the writers are trying to start a fire where there's no spark.....it was either done better in the books or this is just a show plot line that they decided would please the fans and tie things up quicker...

as far as Bran goes, the theories are nuts....what with him being able to affect things though out history....the craziest theory is that he is

the Night King

This is a random question, but I can't help but ask it....assuming the world doesn't end and she comes out of this on top, what is Danny going to do with the Dothraki?

She combined several khalasars to make her uber army and it's all good in the hood as long as they have a war to fight, but what happens in peace time....I don't think they're into farming '>.>

Fuck bitches?

sure...fuck their bitches....your bitches...my bitches....then they decide that they need to get into a fight and maybe sack a city or two  :-\

I feel like the next war Dany is going to fight is already queued up and ready to go

Oh for real? I've been struggling with the idea... the book is vague and they were always two separate people... I thought.

GOT forums refer to him as cold hands in discussions....haven't run across him in the books 'cause I stopped reading after book two, so I could binge read all of them when they came out....

A nonspecific number of nameless, voiceless extras appearing just in time to die instead of the eclectic ensemble of main characters? Magic timespan allowing Gendry to run back, send a raven, and for the cavalry to fly north all in the span of waiting for the lake to refreeze?

You can tell they are working out the finer details themselves tv-style, because if grrm were still involved they'd each have their own name, backstory, and it would be a shock that they died just as it was not a shock that only the priest and a dragon died.

What happened to the BWB anyways? Somehow it shrank to the three of them.

A nonspecific number of nameless, voiceless extras appearing just in time to die instead of the eclectic ensemble of main characters? Magic timespan allowing Gendry to run back, send a raven, and for the cavalry to fly north all in the span of waiting for the lake to refreeze?

You can tell they are working out the finer details themselves tv-style, because if grrm were still involved they'd each have their own name, backstory, and it would be a shock that they died just as it was not a shock that only the priest and a dragon died.

What happened to the BWB anyways? Somehow it shrank to the three of them.

To be fair, the moment Jon decided he would go up north, through the wall, capture a wight, and return south in time to have a chat with Cersie about fighting the Night King, all before the Dead Army attacks, it was clear we would no longer be following realistic time lines....

?? that's actually my mindset too.... Like, arya is cool as shit... so she's gone.

yeah, my best hope is that Brienne or Podrick didn't actually leave winterfell and instead are waiting out the situation in the shadows.

like, i hope she was smarter than that. clearly Sansa is having some insecurity issues over her role vs his siblings and Little Finger is just too conniving a presence to ignore.

I get what you guys are saying and normally I'd agree, but the reason why I don't think it will be Arya is that the show spent a ton of time setting her up. She's a faceless man, tons of opportunities there....Her connection with Jacquen Hagar and the faceless men, they're up to more stuff in the book and I imagine they show up again....Her Dire wolf has  set up a giant wolf pack, I can't imagine that doesn't get used at some point in the story.....

And Sansa....well she's got nothing to add to this story.....they could no longer refer to that character, like at all, and the story would be fine....if anything, a dramatic death would be her most memorable contribution aside from the rape...

I'm not saying Arya lives to see the end of the series, just saying she's got plenty to contribute before it's all said and done....

2 hour finale though....thats gonna be good.  Really cannot wait till i get a chance to watch it......a few days after everyone else I know has -_-

on the plus side, watching it on Sunday can serve as a balm for what you'll experience on Saturday when you watch the love of your life beaten senseless for the better part of 36 mins... :P

talkin 'bout Mayweather vs McGregor y'all !!!!

I get what you guys are saying and normally I'd agree, but the reason why I don't think it will be Arya is that the show spent a ton of time setting her up. She's a faceless man, tons of opportunities there....Her connection with Jacquen Hagar and the faceless men, they're up to more stuff in the book and I imagine they show up again....Her Dire wolf has  set up a giant wolf pack, I can't imagine that doesn't get used at some point in the story.....

And Sansa....well she's got nothing to add to this story.....they could no longer refer to that character, like at all, and the story would be fine....if anything, a dramatic death would be her most memorable contribution aside from the rape...

I'm not saying Arya lives to see the end of the series, just saying she's got plenty to contribute before it's all said and done....

I mean, it makes sense. I only even said arya cuz I feel like this damn show never takes anyone out that I want out. Lol. I have no actual theory on it.

I do agree that Sansa seems to just about run her course of usefulness.

I also feel like Cersei is not that far behind.... if her character continues at this pace anyway. She bores me these days. With the white walkers coming, I don't really see much future need for her role, other than a bridge to involve euron... or the mountain (dem bros gotta fight!)... for the time being anyway.

I mean, it makes sense. I only even said arya cuz I feel like this damn show never takes anyone out that I want out. Lol. I have no actual theory on it.

I do agree that Sansa seems to just about run her course of usefulness.

I also feel like Cersei is not that far behind.... if her character continues at this pace anyway. She bores me these days. With the white walkers coming, I don't really see much future need for her role, other than a bridge to involve euron... or the mountain (dem bros gotta fight!)... for the time being anyway.

Cersei is the last big bad. By that I mean, even though the Night King is set up as the ultimate bad guy in the series, no one is invested in his death. Cersei on the other hand has seven seasons worth of character development backing her. Everybody is waiting for what is essentially the last big satisfying bad guy death. I don't think they're going to let us have it till the end of the eighth....giving her time to maybe do some more shit that reminds us how much we hate her, like maybe having Bronn killed or some other B level character we love....

You guys see the theory that bran is the night king? Makes sense kinda... which is Why he was attempted to be assassinated with the cats paw in the first season... there's a good y YouTube video on it...

I think we saw the same video...theory is kinda nuts right...gonna blow this whole thing out the water if true...

:D So this is where their traveling budget went. Honestly it was money well spent.

That entire wall scene was mesmerizing, and zombie dragon is just the greatest fucking boss. Definitely happy that my girl Arya lived and got to cross a name off her list. I do wish that Euron had actually skipped out because that would have made him more human to me.

:D So this is where their traveling budget went. Honestly it was money well spent.

That entire wall scene was mesmerizing, and zombie dragon is just the greatest fucking boss. Definitely happy that my girl Arya lived and got to cross a name off her list. I do wish that Euron had actually skipped out because that would have made him more human to me.

We actually didn't see either of the two main cast characters die there. So are we going to begin next season with them looking down from the very edge of the hole in the wall unscathed or was that their unseen sendoff, a la the blackfish or syrio forel?

As for the Littlefinger plot, the show finally wrapped up his bit of political intrigue now that we've more or less moved passed the point where it isn't a distraction. Except I kind of feel like the show was a bit unfair in that it built up all that tension between the two sisters and we are either left to believe it was a ploy all along or at some point they realized (via Bran apparently) the extent of his plot and turned the tables. But the way they played it out to hit the audience with that twist didn't necessarily make sense in reality without something missing, because in order to try and catch us as offguard as Littlefinger was, it required the show to leave that gap unclear. But they have made clear in interviews (usually when the vagueness of the timeline gets brought up) that they are now placing most of their priority on the flow of the story beats and kind of fudging the rest to make it work (presumably because they only had three or four main beats from GRRM to go off so they basically reverted to writing it like regular TV between hitting those beats), so at least they kind of admit they're doing it. Basically without GRRM's input, the tv writers are kind of struggling under the weight of the vastness of the show and are trying to tie it all up on their own and very quickly, so it's getting very TV-ie.

I think on that note, my guess is that the whole plot to capture a wight and bring it south to work out a truce was contrived by the tv writers because GRRM knew in broad strokes that he was killing a dragon to blow the wall up and that he wanted the warring factions to meet at the table to try to work out a truce to fight the WWs, but hadn't figured out how to do either beyond that. So the tv writers had to find a way to check off both boxes in a constrained timeframe themselves, and that's why the whole concept and how it played out were so cartoonish compared to the rest of the series.

Those are my immediate thoughts