UnevenEdge

Game of Thrones S7 - Discussion

Sawdamizer

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, even that scene where Yara was saying Theon was her protector, she seemed like she was being sort of coy.  Like really she was sort of thinking of herself as his protector and trying to build up his shattered psyche.  My impression of that whole deal is that Yara is actually trying to protect Theon.  And Theon might want to protect Yara, but he's just not strong enough.  Or doesn't see himself as strong enough. 

because they cut his dick off.

Admin[/member]

Interesting take from Gemme Whelan,

"Bolton enslaved Theon, renamed him “Reek,” and castrated him during the height of his tyranny.

Related: How 'Game of Thrones' created that incredible Balerion skull in Season 7 'Stormborn' episode

“She feels betrayed, but I think she gets it,” Whelan tells Newsweek by phone. “The one thing about Yara is that she loves her brother. She’s really upset at this point that they’re defeated, and she sees that he gets spooked and has no choice [but to save himself].”

“I think she feels utterly defeated in every way. This isn’t what they set out to do, and now the wheels have come off. She has a lot of fury and anger toward Euron. And she was about to get some below deck—so she’s pissed off about that as well.”

Theon’s latest act of cowardice has sparked memes, including a Finding Dory parody, on social media, but fans have also deduced that the character must be experiencing psychosomatic trauma from his harrowing experience as Reek.

“I think people have made some really good points on social media. I follow what people say.... It’s true: He has PTSD. He gets spooked. He can’t do anything to help her at that stage,” says Whelan.

“I don’t know if he has the thought, ‘If I quit now, I can save her.’ I think he does have PTSD, and afterwards he will be pissed [off] at himself. He might do something about it.... You never know.”

By the end of “Stormborn,” Euron killed both Obara and Nymeria Sand, two-thirds of the Sand Snakes, and captured Yara, Ellaria Sand (Indira Varma) and Tyene Sand (Rosabell Laurenti Sellers).

That gives him incredible leverage in the war between Daenerys Targaryen and Cersei Lannister for the Iron Throne. Euron is trying to ingratiate himself to Cersei, with a view to marrying her to consolidate his power. What better way to win her over than by delivering to her two of the women—Ellaria and Tyene—who had a hand in her daughter Myrcella’s death?

Whelan can’t say much about what will happen next on GoT. But she says things are going to get a lot worse for Yara now that she’s being held by her evil uncle Euron.

“It’s not looking good, is it? But we’ll see,” Whelan says coyly.

can't imagine the shitstorm Theon has going on in his head right now, and if he manages to find help or warn somebody? Vlassic Jesus he'll be lucky to be anything but a sobbing mess of quivering jelly....

also the giant crossbow ....really? it seems impressive but it'd still have to HIT them...they being flying full speed targets and all...

I wouldnt be surprised if in a few episodes here they have like, 5000 of those balistas around Kings Landing and they are just going to use swarm tactics to try to take out the dragons.

My bet: They kill 1 dragon, that shocks the hell out of everyone, and thats how the season ends with the Lannisters looking to be rebounding and in total control.  Because thats how this show works.  Anytime it looks like the characters you like are winning the rug gets pulled out from under them and we are back to square one.

I wouldnt be surprised if in a few episodes here they have like, 5000 of those balistas around Kings Landing and they are just going to use swarm tactics to try to take out the dragons.

My bet: They kill 1 dragon, that shocks the hell out of everyone, and thats how the season ends with the Lannisters looking to be rebounding and in total control.  Because thats how this show works.  Anytime it looks like the characters you like are winning the rug gets pulled out from under them and we are back to square one.

Wellllllll...... we know at least one dragon dies because....... *ahem* Nightking shinanigans

I'm still not convinced Dany will attack King's Landing at all.  If you figure 5 episodes left in this season, next episode is Grey Worm Vs Casterly Rock and Jaime Vs Highgarden. 

that leaves 4.

One of those is probably Dondarion/Night's Watch Vs Night's King, which leaves only 3.  And there's a lot of intrigues laid already.

Cersei may not be open to peace, but she's not powerful enough to advance on the rest of the Seven Kingdoms.  If Dany doesn't advance on her either, she's sort of screwed, as most of her strategy is defensive at this point. 

If Dany is convinced the Night's King exists, which is likely, she'll likely try to make some form of truce with Cersei to confront the larger threat.  If somehow Cersei were to kill one of the dragons, I think Dany would probably want to level King's Landing before moving against the Night's King.

Maggie the Frog already predicted Cersei's fate.  She'll definitely be deposed by a younger more beautiful queen.  I think it's inevitable that Cersei will fall, just not sure if it'll be this season or next season.

My guess is this season will be about uniting the seven kingdoms, and next season will be about - like an all-out war with the Night's King.

In theory, there's 3 dragons, so she'll lose one to Cersei, one to the Night's King, and maybe somehow end up sacrificing the last one herself because dany.

The more I actually think about that Ballista scene, the stupider it seems.  Just as a scene, and as a plot device in general.  By featuring it so prominently, one would think they're probably going to use it.  Otherwise - there really wouldn't be a point to having Qyburn bring Cersei all the way down into the basement just to show her a common Ballista.

What I would have loved to see was, like Qyburn, with a triumphant smug smirk on his face, demonstrates his "dragon killing machine".  And Cersei just goes "Qyburn, this is a ballista, everyone has these".  And he just kind of gets shruggy and fidgety and is all "well, back to the drawing board then..."

Yea pretty sure that were going to see her just say "fuck this shit" and go burn a bunch of stuff to the ground next week.  Kinda hard to take it another way based on what happened, and the preview.

At the same time this is starting to feel painfully like a couple seasons back where nothing really happened except for some chess pieces moving in preparation for a hell of a following season.

So really, this entire season might not have much and be nothing but pure setup for a ton of stuff happening next year.

I was totally expecting it to be her at the gates in this episode.  Bran was a bit of a shock actually.  I figured he would stay at the wall, guess now.

Makes me wonder if she actually will get there at all this season.  She might not make it back at all when you think about it. 

Bran is a real wildcard at this point.  He clearly got to Sansa, like, a lot.  So the question now is what can happen going forward with him and the rest of his family.

Welp, The best laid schemes o' mice an' men.....Gang aft a-gley!

I think I am annoyed by how much Jon has to convince everyone of the whitewalkers and the night king......

this.

i'm also getting extra frustrated with all the vague half-assed explanations surrounding this subject. like just bust it all out and explain whats gone down already. even his death, i don't get why that has to be such a secret. jesus fuck, these people.

like... is anything really so unbelievable? white walkers, the night king, and a zombie army. really daenerys? FUCKING REALLY!?! remember your fucking hubby and what went down with him? you have fucking dragons and can't be burned! you think you're the only person who has encountered some pretty unbelievable shit!? gtfo, all this is annoying me.

dire wolves

dragons

resurrection

white walkers

the night king

the unburnt

red priestesses

faceless man

three eyed raven

so on...

the accounts all continuously stack up. everyone has experienced something, become something, witnessed something unbelievable enough that none of this shit should be a surprise or rumors dismissed as folklore. 

I like how Dany is getting her shit rocked right now though, she's flying pretty high on herself right now and she is certainly lost her humility. Now, she is in a foreign land and the Lannisters backyard and they are showing her what's up..... This weeks episode should be interesting because her faith in Tyrion must start to shake because, I mean.... her army is pretty fucked at this point. They took High Garden without breaking a sweat.

I like how Dany is getting her shit rocked right now though, she's flying pretty high on herself right now and she is certainly lost her humility. Now, she is in a foreign land and the Lannisters backyard and they are showing her what's up..... This weeks episode should be interesting because her faith in Tyrion must start to shake because, I mean.... her army is pretty fucked at this point. They took High Garden without breaking a sweat.

Thats going to be interesting to see play out now.  She went from having what looked like overwhelming force and demanding Jon Snow bend the knee to have pretty much nothing other than 3 dragons.  She basically said "this is mine, i am entitled to it, give it to me" like her brother was doing way back when. Thats going to bite her badly coming up I think.

and also a Targaryen.  Jon Snow is the son of Dany's brother Rhaeghar.

and you know, looking back on Season 1, it really does shed light on why Ned was so keen on Robert giving up his blood hunt for all the Targaryen heirs.  He was raising one of them himself, passing him off as his own bastard son.

Also, as the three-eyed raven, Bran has not only theoretically seen into his siblings' pasts, but also their futures.  If he's seeing everything at once, he knows when they'll die as well as all the things that happened to them while he was away.  That must make conversations with people weird.

I also went ahead and read some of it.  And honestly, no real surprises there.  Kind of what I expected, with a few things I was sort of - not necessarily not expecting, but sort of hoping they wouldn't do, but apparently are.

but didn't read it in detail.  So maybe there'll be some cool little scenes in there to get me through spoilered week.