UnevenEdge

How did I end up here?

Hey. If none of you remember me, perhaps you will at least recognize the username. I used to be a very, very (almost embarrassingly) prolific poster on ASMB, though I became pretty scarce for some months before the old BBS format switched to an unusable, redditized, mobile-centric mess. I more or less completely gave up on it after that. Only checked the new version of the site about five times all together. But I was sad when I realized they had gotten rid of it. Still, I moved on with my life. I hadn't even thought about the boards at all until recently.

What made me think of them was a bump on as. I don't remember what it said, but I think it was a twitter response thing. I guess that reminded me of how they used to respond to selected  forum posts on air, which got me feeling all nostalgic for the olden days. I ended up googling adult swim message boards, half hoping to find that old Pillow Fort forum. I ended up looking at some Reddit topic discussing the board closure instead, which linked to an old version of this forum. I came here from there. Interestingly, when I signed up here, I browsed a few threads and saw at least one poster who ended up here the same way I did.

Anyway, I created an account a little while back, but this is my first time actually popping in to say hi. I recognize a lot of old names. It feels a bit like a class reunion, only not terrible. My life hasn't changed much since the ASMB days. I should be ashamed of that, but I'm not really.  :fap:

I think I remember you, and I'm not cringing as I do it

Wow! That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Thank you! I do hope this will become a regular place I go to waste time, maybe. Just like the old days, only with less shitposting (and censor-dodging).

Anyway, I just remembered that I still have a bunch of my old custom ASMB avatars on an external HD.  They're all pretty stupid and embarrassing, especially without seeing/understanding them in their original context:

sPvcCkn.jpg

I remember you liked music and recreational use of over the counter medicine.

Welcome back, the raytownians

Yeah, 2011-2016 was a stupid time for and mostly because of me. I was a bit of a mess, but I'm doing a lot better these days. Haven't touched music in three years!

In all seriousness, I've gotten my drug/alcohol problems under control since last year. I have a much better perspective on how relatively fruitless, unsustainable and self-destructive wallowing in a drug and alcohol-induced hikikomori haze for several years has been for me. I'm not a teetotaler or anything, it's just a lot easier to resist the temptation to be a wasteoid now. Being broke because I threw away all my money on generic Robitussin and Aristocrat vodka helps, obviously. I can't afford to do that now even if I really wanted to. I'm still a miserable bastard, but I'm making an effort to correct that now, as opposed to just running away from the problem like I used to. Growing the fuck up, basically.

Anyway, I remember you (Nabraniel, right?) and Doom Metal Alchemist too. Thanks for all the welcomes + confused stares from those who don't know or remember me. <3

That's pretty much how I found this place. I don't even remember the last time I visited the as boards, but got bored one day, went to check, found them gone, did a search, reddit thread, etc. and here I am.

Cool, cool.

Who are you?...

That's pretty much how I found this place. I don't even remember the last time I visited the as boards, but got bored one day, went to check, found them gone, did a search, reddit thread, etc. and here I am.

You I remember .... Slightly remember