UnevenEdge

Is it normal to be extremely depressed

Misaka

It's normal. Takes quite an emotional toll. Last job I lost I actually liked I STILL want back. Takes a few days to get over it. Stimulants help. But just occupy your mind and you are a lot better. With anything you can think of. I played games, hung out, or just drove somewhere. Just keeping your mind occupied can help with the depression

It's normal. Takes quite an emotional toll. Last job I lost I actually liked I STILL want back. Takes a few days to get over it. Stimulants help. But just occupy your mind and you are a lot better. With anything you can think of. I played games, hung out, or just drove somewhere. Just keeping your mind occupied can help with the depression

I had a feeling that was the case

I don't know if it's normal, but it took me quite a while to get over losing my job at the doctor's office; I'd been there 6 weeks shy of 10 years.

It passes, though, about the time you get another job.

My job was stocking but at $10.60 an hour I was quite happy but now I'm just so lost

Depends. "Normal" and "extremely" are very loose terms. And seemingly contradictory. Outside of context, We would say no by default. But answers outside of context are seldom of use.

Is it common to grieve after loss? Yes. And generally in proportion to the level of attachment for the thing lost.

In the particular case of a job, the best remedy We can suggest is to move on to the next one. Change doesn't happen immediately, though, so for the mean time, some thoughts that may be better to dwell on than your current ones:

A job does not define you. Your career as a whole says something, but your current job is only ever that.

You were qualified and capable enough to get your previous job. You are now probably more, but certainly not less, equipped to secure an equal, if not better, position.

Nothing is permanent. Your previous job, and your next one. Your current mood. Everything... This, too, shall pass.

i'm sorry to hear that :(

probably it will go away once you find other work. you should qualify for unenjoyment while you are looking though, so thats cool.

not sure if its normal or not, seriously speaking. i've never loved any of my jobs, so whether or not i left or was terminated, it was more of a good riddance type thing. i hope things look up for you soon <3

Normal means a lot of things.

Given that it was the result of an argument with a manager, are you depressed because you feel like the job was unfairly taken from you?  That would be understandable and a healthy response, provided you don't hold on to that anger for long periods of time.

Did you have the job for a long time?  It would also be healthy and understandable because you've made connections with coworkers and you're familiar with the environment.  You would grieve for a job in much the same way you would grieve for losing a community (when you move).

Are you depressed because you're out of a job and you're panicking about finding new work?  That isn't healthy.

I had the job for 1 year 8 months with 401k as well as a bunch of other benefits

This was Menards by the way

But now I think I found one at Art Van warehouse the main headquarters which is offering more than what I was promised so this might be the sign I need

Although I don't like seeing the terms on having to lift max 100lbs this might be a deal breaker now

Trust me its not as bad as you think. Its only a job. Imagine if you had real problems like cancer or mental health, or something. who gives a fuck. Honestly thats what I really think, please don't take offense.

I do have mental problems

After losing a job you loved very much?  </3

Been depressed now for 2 days

Only legit comments please

Haven't been completely stable after this shock

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this bought of depression :(

It must be earth shattering to be unable to do what you love so much :(

Were they just downsizing??

It's completely natural to feel depressed and sad after such a HUGE life shit :(

About 2 months ago I lost a job I hated and it still fucked me up pretty badly especially for the first few days after. Took a few days to recoup and then started the job search. I'd been searching for awhile before I lost my job but kind of gave up when I didn't get any viable offers after awhile. Once I had the freedom to apply and interview whenever I wanted to I found that I had a renewed energy in applying and managed to get a new job a month after I lost my old one.

Just take a couple days to process what happened and then really start the job search. Apply for unemployment as soon as you can. If you get denied the first time, file an appeal. Not sure what the rules are for unemployment in your state but you should at least try. I was terminated from my position and still got unemployment, so getting fired doesn't necessarily mean you can't get unemployment. If you have anyone at your last job that you can use as a reference, try to contact them now. It will be okay.

Guest The Hound

After losing a job you loved very much?  </3

Been depressed now for 2 days

Only legit comments please

Haven't been completely stable after this shock

]

Bro.

I've been depressed for over 5 years now. You need something positive, more positive than negative in respect to the biggest influence of your depression.]

That being said, good luck getting out if. That shit doesn't happen over night.