UnevenEdge

Pokémon Go

1pooh4u

When you were talking about the thin tail of the audience that will probably be affected by this change, they’ll also be the most vocal about this. When I’ve spoken to people at Niantic before, they said some of these kinds of changes are relevant to, like, 0.2% of the overall player base — people who are going to be responding on Twitter or on The Silph Road, they’re going to be the vocal ones who will say, Actually, I need my 10 Remote Raids a day.

I don’t want to marginalize their voices, because they’re among the most enthusiastic players of our game, who really do carry our message out into the wider community. I really think one of Pokémon Go’s traits, though, is its diversity of audience. One of the things I often note to my team is that when I look at the data, the median player of Pokémon Go is probably someone like a Singaporean grandma, who walks for 30 minutes to an hour a day with her senior group in the morning to catch Pokemon and very, very occasionally raids, if at all. Those are folks who are playing daily, who are a core part of our audience, [and] who are actually an essential part of the entire distribution of this incredibly diverse community. So when we talk about the sustainability of the overall long-term game economy, we do have to pay attention to all of those segments. And so the dominance of Remote Raid Passes in a large and important part of our total player base does have to be addressed for the long-term overall health and sustainability of the game. So I don’t want to diminish the kind of impact of those changes on those folks. But I do want to highlight that the XL Candy changes in particular are meant to move folks back into a situation where they don’t feel like they have to put in dozens and dozens of Remote Raid Passes in order to stay up to date with the game.

https://www.polygon.com/23663732/pokemon-go-remote-raid-pass-price-increase-daily-limit

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, viperxmns said:

I heard the bonus for in person raids is +3XL candy, as a base even if it runs

So the usual range plus 3

Rare XL still barely exists

Yea real cost effective niantic lol

Theyre so full of shit and dont really play their own game

EXACTLY 

how many times has the remote raid pass given you the opportunity to get legendary you otherwise might have a hard time getting?  I Can say for sure I got all the genie looking “Us” family that way (thundurus tornadus landrus all forms)

they don’t play the game they have this idea in their head and they stick to that. 

I got lucky did the raid 4 people ground type was weather boosted even luckier that I caught it. 

I remember when ex raids first became a thing each ex raid gym was on a different rotation of days and times usually takin about 4-6 weeks to get either a weekend or evening time. I remember when they added the ability to invite people to them as well. An addition that was prior to the pandemic and it was greatly appreciated. 

anyway, the way none of the raids are staggered and only having 30 minutes to do them is just asking for trouble. On Staten Island many people play driving in large groups, like a caravan. Idiots like that are gonna cause an accident running from one gym to the next. Even people on bicycles ride like idiots too trying to get to as many gyms as possible. Would have been nice to be able to look at campfire and say “I’ll try this gym at this time and these two at those times” instead of being stuck only being able to do one raid. (I’m a pedestrian player) 

A075C62D-ED1D-4677-B32B-A9EF470B9EC6.png

2B288A25-77A4-4231-B41C-A8EA6A680157.png

F6CE73C5-B132-4BFD-981D-313779D4E194.png

• 2 weeks later...

About a week ago I shut off adventure sync and switched location data to “only while using” oddly within a day or so I started having log in issues with the game.  I had to turn the shit back on to see if the issue would persist.  I think the issue did continue but only if I was on wifi which was weird but I’m not ready to say “Me changing location data access and the issues logging on weren’t connected” even though all issues continued when I turned it back on. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Yesterday woulda been my seven-day streaks but it never even occured to me to play because I worked from home and broke my normal routine, super annoying.

I can't remember when was the last time I had a 7 day streak. Since I live in a rural area on a highway, there are no safe gyms near me to walk to, and I'm out of remote raid passes. *Sigh* I wish they hadn't gotten greedy once most folks were back outside again. Maybe it wouldn't irk me so much if living in a rural area wasn't a daily bane of my existence that makes everything harder than it needs to be since Covid came.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

@eklipse i know you're a PoGo expert so wanted to connect you here in case you on the hunt for new friends etc.

Thanks Pat!!

Everyone please add me!  I don’t play as much anymore but I’d rather send gifts and postcards to people I know. 

0BC41551-075A-49CA-AB83-16D1D0FEF7FD.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Lol I was so glad when Pat finally opened his gift cuz I was able to send one from “the Packard gallery” 😆 I got 1 more I’m saving for whomever opens their gift first 😆

I fall so far behind in opening/giving gifts

I was recently given a parking permit to park in my office building's garage and that's killed my fifteen minute walk to/from my car. PoGo suffering immensely.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 6:06 PM, Raptorpat said:

I'm still in the honeymoon period where I feel like I'm massively benefitting from the reduced commute, but there's definitely cons around the lack of forced exercise.

Now that I don’t commute, I can’t raid as much.  I always relied on the spoofers in the city. 😅. I love working from home tho.  I’ll trade PoGo legendaries for that. 

17 minutes ago, eklipse said:

Now that I don’t commute, I can’t raid as much.  I always relied on the spoofers in the city. 😅. I love working from home tho.  I’ll trade PoGo legendaries for that. 

I was never a big raider because it required being out and about, but then they added the pandemic remote raids and I could latch onto raids at the park from the comfort of my own home (until they raised the price of course)

• Like 2

On 7/1/2023 at 3:45 PM, eklipse said:

Man, the free gear always reels me back in… free hat you say?  *wastes hours* 😂☹️

I didn't make the hat before the time ran out! D:

I actually hadn't played tues-thurs and that's the longest lapse in playing I've ever had I think. Just something about the holiday schedule fried that part of my brain.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 9:28 PM, eklipse said:

Thanks Pat!!

Everyone please add me!  I don’t play as much anymore but I’d rather send gifts and postcards to people I know. 

0BC41551-075A-49CA-AB83-16D1D0FEF7FD.jpeg

Sending. I need 3 new friends for a challenge and ... well ... it's hard to make friends in a town of 2000 and I'm one of 5 players, all of which are my wife+kids.

Also if anyone's interested, pls+thx!Screenshot_20230714-113518.thumb.png.573322d8f3058ee5630107b155beb46f.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

Sending. I need 3 new friends for a challenge and ... well ... it's hard to make friends in a town of 2000 and I'm one of 5 players, all of which are my wife+kids.

Also if anyone's interested, pls+thx!Screenshot_20230714-113518.thumb.png.573322d8f3058ee5630107b155beb46f.png

Thanks!!  

I’m lame and spent $5 for that special research which requires I send 151 gifts, so your request is appreciated!  😆

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2023 at 8:26 PM, eklipse said:

Thanks!!  

I’m lame and spent $5 for that special research which requires I send 151 gifts, so your request is appreciated!  😆

Same! It's gonna take me about 7 weeks to trade enough gifts to clear rd1. Good times 🤔

• Haha 2

I was too busy yesterday and today to do either event and I can’t finish this other stupid quest because anywhere I go there are no routes nearby and I wanted to make a route but that didn’t seem to work either plus I’m stuck on level 43 cuz I hardly battle pvp 

On 7/22/2023 at 12:33 PM, eklipse said:

I need to walk today, so I can pick up new eggs for the Riolu hatch event.  😆

Although, I feel like it’s kinda a cash grab because they’re selling boxes with more incubators…

I was gonna buy that box cuz I’m always hatching eggs but Idt niantic has good deals on their boxes. That one though seemed ok with all the incubators and the other items icr at the moment 😆