UnevenEdge

Pokémon Go

1pooh4u

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it's really stupid, I know someone who had a level one bird even run on them

catching them is literally random

some have speculated that tossing pokeballs makes them easier to catch since legendaries are supposed to get 'easier to catch' in a raid the fewer balls you have left but also seems kinda anecdotal

• Like 1

Tbh I haven’t played as much and I missed out on a ton of stuff cuz the things Niantic does makes no damn sense. I didn’t buy any of the special research or anything. I’ve only used the daily incense 20 times and the 20th one I encountered Articuno. I seen people catch garbage legendary birds from the DI. It’s so messed up to make the encounter so rare and the catch rate so low only to give players garbage. At least in raids there is a bottom to how low the ivs can be

yea I didn't buy Keldeo, I mean are they gonna have everyone pay again for a shiny one or would people who got the original one not have to pay again

will likely end up throwing 5 dollars at them for the guaranteed shiny Jirachi, the paid shinies I expect beyond the 'free taste' that was Celebi

still waiting for free Shaymin

heard their profits were down compared to previous years, makes me wonder if all the shitty boxes in the shop really didnt help matters, whales gonna buy good boxes moreso than bad ones amirite

• Thanks 1

During the pandemic they made plenty of $$$ they got greedy and lost revenue as a result. Not to mention they added actual features that engaged more people, and didn’t listen to players when they complained. The only thing they changed because of complaints was pokéstop and gym distance interaction 

That's probably why they added the daily adventure incense with the birds - probably half their revenue comes from the location data and they're desperate to get people walking after all the covid accomodations people rages about them trying to undo.

Speaking of which: false hope bird encounter #2

IMG_2023-01-24-17285979.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What do you get with the codes?  

been reading nothing but complaints about the event in Vegas. Ofc Niantic tells a different story but people couldn’t log in and those with Bluetooth devices had issues too. Niantic was like “we know about the issues go here and do this otherwise any issue is your own fault” 

On 2/19/2023 at 11:21 AM, 1pooh4u said:

been reading nothing but complaints about the event in Vegas. Ofc Niantic tells a different story but people couldn’t log in and those with Bluetooth devices had issues too. Niantic was like “we know about the issues go here and do this otherwise any issue is your own fault” 

that's so embarrassing. it's like they're Elon Musk and hate free players.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

that's so embarrassing. it's like they're Elon Musk and hate free players.

Omfg that’s pathetic 

I wonder if they ever considered sunsetting the game since they really don’t care or rush to fix issues?  I’m still dealing with bugs that have been existing for years some from the beginning 

there is still an issue with raids if you dodge and faint anyway. Your next Pokémon is like invisible or some shit and the issue if your Pokémon has 2 charge attacks you watch the meters fill and drop randomly so you never know when you can use the charge attack. 

A game that is sunsetting is the original 3DS version of Pokemon Shuffle, when Nintendo shuts down their servers for all the 3DS content in a couple months.

It's a candy crush clone that slightly predates Pokemon Go and their first freemium mobile game. I probably sunk 800+ hours into it since it launched and in December I finally 100% the game without dropping a dime. It was admittedly anticlimactic and the sunk-cost fallacy is real, and the lesson to be learned is to just never start.

• Sad 1

isn't Pogo still niantic's best source of income? None of their other recent forays have caught on the same way as far as I know. but they don't seem all that interested in actually improving the ways the game brings in money

Candy crush has been my pooping game for so long now it's kinda crazy

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, viperxmns said:

isn't Pogo still niantic's best source of income? None of their other recent forays have caught on the same way as far as I know. but they don't seem all that interested in actually improving the ways the game brings in money

Candy crush has been my pooping game for so long now it's kinda crazy

I think pogo is a top grossing app almost every year since its release it’s a shame Niantic doesn’t do better 

I whiffed this event. I didn't realize I had to finish the primal rumblings task to unlock more challenges for the event (that I didn't really know was going to be happening). I logged on and there were the groudon/kyogre raids so I used all my coins on four remote raid passes and then I finished the challenge and it's like "catch a groudon!" :|

• 2 weeks later...

i stumbled across my old account via a suggestion from niantic in another old game (ingress) and by some magic shit, i guessed the password on first try. soooo the game has changed just a bit since i last played it ... in 2016. trying to play catch-up all weekend but i'm still confused and i refuse to read an FAQ or readme. gg dumbass lol

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I saw an internet headline that said they were apologizing for the event being broken

They should do more than that. Maybe do the entire thing over. They really screwed it up. It’s sad that I can’t recall any events that weren’t broken in some way 

On 3/13/2023 at 11:06 PM, wacky1980 said:

trying to play catch-up all weekend but i'm still confused

they made it so you can be friends and give each other gifts etc.

if you haven't given up yet and wanna find/share your friend code, we'll all send you stuff and help level you up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 10:01 AM, Raptorpat said:

they made it so you can be friends and give each other gifts etc.

if you haven't given up yet and wanna find/share your friend code, we'll all send you stuff and help level you up.

got wifey and all 3 boys playing and we've been trading gifts like obsessed weirdos for the last couple weeks. i'm only up to lvl 27 but it's coming along. 

my code is 0942 7080 9892 just in case :D

Yeah a lot of people uninstalled the game it was very unnecessary to almost double the price of remote raids and to limit how many you can do. Poke genie is also fucked cuz people are having a hard time hosting raids now. Niantic wants the game how they envision but covid totally changed that.  Events where you can’t raid remotely is fine but what they did in addition was just dumb. The changes made the game more accessible to rural players and people with mobility issues. Sucks what they’re doing 

It really pisses me off that they raise the prices of intangible things. It’s all just code. There are no materials per se that increase the costs of what they create. The only thing is salary and there gotta be more creative ways than raising prices to make up for that 

2 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

the VP guy in all of his interviews said the median player is a singaporean grandma who goes walking 30 minutes a day

I thought that was a joke. I didn’t know that someone literally said that.  The median player is probably a lot older than most people would think but c’mon 😆