UnevenEdge

a donate button

Naraku4656

It should be a gofundme or indiegogo or something instead so we can be transparent in how much money is raised

And also what it's for specifically, the hidden slush fund element is sketchy even though everyone involved is trustworthy.

It should be a gofundme or indiegogo or something instead so we can be transparent in how much money is raised

I'm pretty sure not much money will be raised.

but I can post and tell people what's going on with it and how much has come in. 

And also what it's for specifically, the hidden slush fund element is sketchy even though everyone involved is trustworthy.

it's in the thread in the Intro folder (how it'll be used).  the plan is to channel money to server and then if there's any after that leave it in an account for possible software and/or feature upgrades. 

THIS IS NOT JUST SOME DUDE'S PERSONAL WEED FUND I WANT TO MAEK THAT TOTALLY CLEAR.

I'd donate 25 cents max, and only if it meant ffa would actually load all the time.

It loads all the time now at lightning speed as long as you click on the show new posts in FFA button.

But yeah if there's more than like 2 people browsing any folder I can never get it to load quickly/at all using my shitty connection without clicking the Show only new posts in that folder button.

it's in the thread in the Intro folder (how it'll be used).  the plan is to channel money to server and then if there's any after that leave it in an account for possible software and/or feature upgrades. 

THIS IS NOT JUST SOME DUDE'S PERSONAL WEED FUND I WANT TO MAEK THAT TOTALLY CLEAR.

But I mean like is there a new server coming regardless of how much is raised, is it dependent on raising a certain amount of money, what is the cost, what will it continue to cost, etc.

i will give $100 if Admin[/member] can get the actual ASMB back up, even in a readable archive format, within the next month. and i don't mean using archive.org or anything like that. i mean https://adultswim.i.lithium.com/

the donation thing isn't really a quid pro quo thing.  It's more like, if somebody feels like it, they donate something, if they don't - then they don't.

But - I actually sent them ([as]) an email a couple weeks or so out from April Fools suggesting they put up the archive, and also said I would look into hosting said archive if they were into that idea.  I didn't expect a response and didn't get one.

It loads all the time now at lightning speed as long as you click on the show new posts in FFA button.

But yeah if there's more than like 2 people browsing any folder I can never get it to load quickly/at all using my shitty connection without clicking the Show only new posts in that folder button.

it still sticks for me sometimes on loading FFA and the main index.  everywhere else usually loads ok.

the donation thing isn't really a quid pro quo thing.  It's more like, if somebody feels like it, they donate something, if they don't - then they don't.

But - I actually sent them ([as]) an email a couple weeks or so out from April Fools suggesting they put up the archive, and also said I would look into hosting said archive if they were into that idea.  I didn't expect a response and didn't get one.

That's messed up they could've at least April foolsed you by saying it's a great idea they'd love an archive of the forum they deleted and would be in contact

would this change your mind?

Zimbabwe%20Trillion_3_CROP.jpg?itok=plG2jxfv

But I mean like is there a new server coming regardless of how much is raised, is it dependent on raising a certain amount of money, what is the cost, what will it continue to cost, etc.

My understanding is yes, new server is coming either way (with or without donations) at some point soonish.  We're not really dependent on raising any set sum of money.  It's more like if people feel like contributing to this they can. 

In the entirety of the time I've been on the internet, no forum.....Public or private has ever asked me to donate.

Wikipedia asked me to donate once, and they provide actual information.  I'll drop $50 if you get rid of 2 choice users permanently.

it might be out of the norm but a few of the forums i've been to do have a donate button.

though those places are a lot more stable and active than this place.

Guest The Hound

huh?

People think a few board members are rolling in cash but they're in reality all fighting to make ends meet come the end of the fucking year.

Guest The Hound

That's absolutely fucking pathetic on their end.

Fuck them.

Guest The Hound

Yes it is. Don't lie to them.

Look at how they have worked since recent events. Any bird that flies over their headquarters only makes that "Cheap Cheap" noise.

it might be out of the norm but a few of the forums i've been to do have a donate button.

though those places are a lot more stable and active than this place.

I'll give $100 if I can choose

better yet $100 for 6 months $200 for a year

this I'll do

People think a few board members are rolling in cash but they're in reality all fighting to make ends meet come the end of the fucking year.

i was mostly being sarcastic. also, i'm one of those users that people seem to think is rolling in cash, so i'm allowed to make the joke

Guest The Hound

i was mostly being sarcastic. also, i'm one of those users that people seem to think is rolling in cash, so i'm allowed to make the joke

i guess