UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

One Piece 592-593

So, uh... I assume the characters who swapped bodies are speaking in the voices of the bodies they're in, and we're only hearing their own voices so the young'ns don't get confused about who everyone is? Kinda makes me want a dub where the voices aren't swapped, come to think of it...

Shinobi no Ittoki 4
Housing Complex C 4

Spoiler

It's amazing how Tokisada's plot was way more interesting and engaging than Ittoki's, why isn't he the main character? It also pleases me to know that Satomi is indeed cadaver-iffic. I hope she never bullshits her way back to life.

On the other hand, the Koshide family being psycho Cthulhu worshippers all along and not showing even a single inkling of that side of themselves until the final act is way more tryhard than basing the show's mystery in the works of Lovecraft to begin with. Still better than Fena's finale, all things considered.

Edited by PokeNirvash

Girls' Last Tour 4
Last Period: the journey to the end of the despair 8/9

Spoiler

Two wild episodes here, and both were pretty funny. I swear I heard Karin Takahashi voice a character in #8, but checking the cast list right now I don't see her. Too bad, because her voice is pretty distinctive. And that was on top of expecting a Squid Girl parody because the episode prominently featured a beach house. Fortunately, it still delivered: you gotta love when an episode with Riza trying to steal Gajeru's happiness energy as well as him going full Slim Pickens after eating his first Dorito also includes a suprisingly relevant moral about how military testing can spiral (pun not intended) out of control. And then Episode 9 went off the rails and seemed like it was going to rewrite this show's entire plot into something more serious... but it turns out the people who made this show are Apple simps. Get it, because Sonya's an android? I nicknamed her Hacka Doll #5 before finding this out. It took until Guru ate a literal apple for me to figure out the ruse.

And no, I didn't forget to black the text this time. 😎

• Like 1

One Piece Film: Red

Spoiler

Good filler movie.  I don't care if Oda considers her canon, I don't.

She wasn't around at the beginning of the story and I don't think a shadow counts as canon.

Not main story canon anyway and that's the only canon I count.  The Usopp and Yasopp team

up was great though.  I loved that.

Naruto Shippuden 417
Shinobi no Ittoki 7

Spoiler

You know, it might be the third of a glass of wine that I slammed earlier in response to the existence of a "fetishes are bad and no one should ever have them, here's how to get rid of them easy-peasy" video I found a link to on DeviantArt... but I think I understand why Naruto called Obito the "coolest guy" now. He was a good kid who had the misfortune of turning into a shit man after one particularly bad day, plus he's directly responsible for saving Naruto's life. As inexcusable as Obito's actions under the guise of Madara/as a major player in Project Tsukinome are, there's still some good about him, past and present, worth admiring.

Edited by PokeNirvash