UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

The Rising of the Shield Hero 1

Spoiler

Now, I know Myne/Malty/Bitch is supposed to be the one I should hate the most, but between her subterfuge and Motoyasu just being an asshole in general, the one I'm pissed off at most is Bow Boy. His sudden change in tune feels the most out-of-character, therefore the worthiest of my rage.

That said, I like Naofumi responding to this downturn of events with appropriate anger and festering rage; the late, great Billy Kametz's portrayal of him only making it all the better, even as he slips into more morally unsavory activities.

Finished since my last post:

Rewatch of Last Exile - still awesome

Rewatch of Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing - It started off as bad as I remember it, but got better than I remember it being.  It's funny how the first series hits a ton of mid 2000's tropes ("I have to protect ____") and Fam the Silver Wing hits a lot of early 2010's tropes with the first-scene gratuitous garter belt fan service and other stuff later on.

Rewatch of Lupin The III The Castle of Cagliostro -  I might try to get my wife to watch this one some time; she might actually like it.

Patlabor OVAs 5-8

• Like 1

One Piece 568
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear 11

Spoiler

For the longest time, I thought the whole "Jimbei should join the Straw Hats, why hasn't he already?" argument that's been going on for years was just because the fans thought him a good fit for the crew. Luffy actually extending him an offer this soon actually surprised me!

One Piece 571
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer 5

Spoiler

Hangetsu's death was a load of bullcrap that could be seen from further away than any "let's tempt fate as much as we can in a single half-hour" anime death that came before it. I blame Nick Dupree for thinking this was one spoiler that he could leave unmarked in the text excerpt for this week's episode review on ANN.

At least it was a better fifth-episode character death than that poor bastard from the Pacific Rim anime. Now that was bullcrap.