UnevenEdge

I have a poll

Poll question  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will neurodivergent (autism spectrum disorder, ADHD and etc, etc) would would be ever treated like a decent human beings

• Yes
    • no
    • I don't know
    • Define be treated like a decent human being

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/24 at 04:49 AM

It depends on the disorder and the individual. People with ADHD and good treatment can live fairly normal lives. People on the far end of the autistic spectrum will probably never have normal lives.

7 minutes ago, Insipid said:

It depends on the disorder and the individual. People with ADHD and good treatment can live fairly normal lives. People on the far end of the autistic spectrum will probably never have normal lives.

Well yes but I was taught to treat people decently no matter what their problem is personally that's what I believe now there's one point that when I was more full of self-ableism I treated people with some disorders horribly I'm not proud of that because one of them was a cousin second or third or something like that and that's not cool

5 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

Well yes but I was taught to treat people decently no matter what their problem is personally that's what I believe now there's one point that when I was more full of self-ableism I treated people with some disorders horribly I'm not proud of that because one of them was a cousin second or third or something like that and that's not cool

I don't openly discriminate against the visibly disabled. I try to treat them decently, but sometimes I am very uncomfortable. When I worked at Starbucks, I had a balding guy in a Spiderman costume trying to talk to me about video games. It was very clear something was off with him, but I was nice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

I tolerate severely disabled people more than I tolerate those supposedly on the same wavelength as me.

Sometimes being perfectly able bodied amounts to zilch when there’s hardly any common sense to go with. 

Amen there

15 minutes ago, UwPp said:

I'm bipolar with ADHD while medicated. 

I seem to be normal. 

ADHD depression and possible autism here the fact is I am not true normally by most people after finding out I also finding out that most people who are stoners AKA people who smoke way too much marijuana have a hard time dealing with me and my neurodiversity I'm getting to a point of almost trying to sue the states they get this shit from

This is kind of a trick question, only because the term “decent” has no universal definition.  Arguably, neurodivergent people who are not treated with a basic standard of behavior are disabused for reasons unrelated to their divergence, meaning it’s less about the abused changing their behavior and more about the abusers reflecting larger social failures that need to be addressed.  Provisionally the answer to your poll is no.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

This is kind of a trick question, only because the term “decent” has no universal definition.  Arguably, neurodivergent people who are not treated with a basic standard of behavior are disabused for reasons unrelated to their divergence, meaning it’s less about the abused changing their behavior and more about the abusers reflecting larger social failures that need to be addressed.  Provisionally the answer to your poll is no.

So you're saying the abuser is not at fault because Society failed them that's a bunch of fucking  bullshit or are you saying the abusers are does the septum of a larger problem @scoobdog

Edited by ghostrek

2 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

I also finding out that most people who are stoners AKA people who smoke way too much marijuana have a hard time dealing with me and my neurodiversity I'm getting to a point of almost trying to sue the states they get this shit from

I'm gonna make an assumption here: I think you're talking about the shitty people in your life mistreating you and some of them are taking advantage of Ohio's recent marijuana laws. Stoners are a diverse bunch of people (no, I am not one). There are neurodivergent people who medicate with marijuana and are pleasant to be around.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I'm gonna make an assumption here: I think you're talking about the shitty people in your life mistreating you and some of them are taking advantage of Ohio's recent marijuana laws. Stoners are a diverse bunch of people (no, I am not one). There are neurodivergent people who medicate with marijuana and are pleasant to be around.

Like any other mind-altering substance, it has different effects and different people and different doses different kinds etc different impacts and different people as I said but they were also getting it from my State's neighbor to the north the People's Republic of Michigan and transporting it back into Ohio before the laws got changed

15 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

The state of Michigan is not under a communist government it's just a lot of us Ohioans call it that I don't know why but we do

Sigh, I don't wanna be an ass here, but don't play dumb. You know why you said that. Own it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Insipid said:

Sigh, I don't wanna be an ass here, but don't play dumb. You know why you said that. Own it.

Michigan is more liberal than Ohio yes although I am for gay marriage and stuff like that

And trans rights.  But Michigan does have a lot of really liberal stuff that the average Ohioan would disagree with in my opinion

2 hours ago, ghostrek said:

So you're saying the abuser is not at fault because Society failed them that's a bunch of fucking  bullshit or are you saying the abusers are does the septum of a larger problem @scoobdog

No, that is not what I’m saying.  To either thing.  The point is the abuse is a product of misdirection, making it a fundamentally broken coping behavior.  Neurodivergent people are more likely to exhibit traits that an abuser can exploit, but that doesn’t mean they are any less capable than most neurotypical people in the same situation.  It just means there’s no specific mechanism for stopping an irrational behavior being directed at one group of susceptible people.  If abuse is irrational, than the only solution is to stop the behavior itself, and that’s an application that’s universal to all humans.

6 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

No, that is not what I’m saying.  To either thing.  The point is the abuse is a product of misdirection, making it a fundamentally broken coping behavior.  Neurodivergent people are more likely to exhibit traits that an abuser can exploit, but that doesn’t mean they are any less capable than most neurotypical people in the same situation.  It just means there’s no specific mechanism for stopping an irrational behavior being directed at one group of susceptible people.  If abuse is irrational, than the only solution is to stop the behavior itself, and that’s an application that’s universal to all humans.

ok

• Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

well...i don't know ghost:

will black (and all other people of color and poor folk, and the disenfranchised),  folk have to constantly look over their shoulder walking around cops?

will white folk truly become woke...and without going broke?

will women ever get their reproductive rights back?

will the already alive children  get the $$ , attention and love that their GOP  'aunties and uncles' currently showers the unborn with? 

will the shrieking cry of the red eyed amazon tree frog ever be matched by a mate?

Edited by discolé monade
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, ghostrek said:

ADHD depression and possible autism here the fact is I am not true normally by most people after finding out I also finding out that most people who are stoners AKA people who smoke way too much marijuana have a hard time dealing with me and my neurodiversity I'm getting to a point of almost trying to sue the states they get this shit from

I mean....I'm a stoner myself. 

I'm not sure where your assumptions are coming from. 

It honestly just sounds like you've been around shitty people in general. 

• Thanks 3

Also my niece is a level 2 non verbal autistic. She's very smart and though she lives in her own world and everyone else lives in it, everyone treats her like the princess she is.

So again, I'm confused on what rampage you're going for. 

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, UwPp said:

Well I think they're shitty people in general and they're just getting worse but you know would be nice for some  standards because they do it practically every moment they can

I'm just pissed off lately there's been treating me badly and I think they're ableists . And they're getting pissier with me when I said I'm not interested in you know consuming marijuana in any way.

2 hours ago, UwPp said:

Also my niece is a level 2 non verbal autistic. She's very smart and though she lives in her own world and everyone else lives in it, everyone treats her like the princess she is.

So again, I'm confused on what rampage you're going for. 

Well deep down without giving you all the details I feel that some people I know are ableists against people like me. And the worst ablest ones are ironically the ones that consume cannabis the most

4 hours ago, UwPp said:

@UwPp look I know a lot of people who do it who are nice and reasonable people who are treating me badly or not right now they're somehow got really into Political opinions that might be a little bit ableist and very paranoid about the federal government like it does not exist the Constitution does not apply to them that type of opinion.

7 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

Well deep down without giving you all the details I feel that some people I know are ableists against people like me. And the worst ablest ones are ironically the ones that consume cannabis the most

That's a dangerous correlation to make.  That's suggesting people who use mj have a specific personality which is not only unfounded, but grossly unfair.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, discolé monade said:

well...i don't know ghost:

will black (and all other people of color and poor folk, and the disenfranchised),  folk have to constantly look over their shoulder walking around cops?

will white folk truly become woke...and without going broke?

will women ever get their reproductive rights back?

will the already alive children  get the $$ , attention and love that their GOP  'aunties and uncles' currently showers the unborn with? 

will the shrieking cry of the red eyed amazon tree frog every be matched by a mate?

Well all that is a big I don't know

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

That's a dangerous correlation to make.  That's suggesting people who use mj have a specific personality which is not only unfounded, but grossly unfair.

True, but when I was in school the other people said when I was in school said I will end up waiting people end up raping people as an adults. People also made up a rumor about me that presuming and most people assumed it was true because of my disability.  So what you're saying about a false correlation and making assumptions?

@scoobdog

Edited by ghostrek
  • Haha 1

Just now, ghostrek said:

True, but I've been on the other end of that of a person with a disability I was told when I was in school I might end up being an adult that rapes other people because of my disability. People presume that I did something I did not let you guys know about not saying that fucking  mess up again by name. I noticed that a lot of these really ableist people are yes a coincidentally very very ableist I've been noticing that for years I just didn't realize that

Once again, that's abuse.  You assuming that all cannabis users are going to attack you is not the same thing as abusive people attacking you because of your neurodivergence.  There's no but here:  you're lumping in a lot of different people in the "ableist" category that are behaving in ways counter to your reasoning.

• Thanks 1

jfc.

why does everyone keep playing this fucking game with you. you're special needs alright. 

lOoK aT mE, i'M sAnDrA DeE.

you act like you're the only one that's been abused by a family member. 

i seriously doubt it has anything to do with your 'disability' and more to do with shitty people in your life. 

and what in the wide wide world of sports does marijuana have anything to do with anything? i smoke. i smoke copius amounts. and i take great insult to your accusations. 

you want people to feel sorry for you. you WANT to play victim. 

you talk about 'you might get raped'?

how about the people that HAVE been raped? you fucking tool. you really piss me off. you do. 

did your dad  toss you down the stairs because your cat lost your bus pass? did your dad punch you in the face, because you didn't want to call the school, while getting beat to tell them you were going to be late? 

did you get grounded for months at a time? did your stepsister molest you? if you answered no to any of these questions, then just shut the fuck up. 

seriously fucking over your multiple post about the same MADE UP BULLSHIT. 

39 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

and STOP WITH YOUR NEW FUCKING WORD?  you FEEL. i FEEL like you're a fucking liar. you've been a liar for SO long here. *whispers* but we can't talk about that....and i see you're using mixed media: a little bit of composed sentence structure mixed with your usual schlub typing. 

41 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

Well I think they're shitty people in general and they're just getting worse but you know would be nice for some  standards because they do it practically every moment they can

I'm just pissed off lately there's been treating me badly and I think they're ableists . And they're getting pissier with me when I said I'm not interested in you know consuming marijuana in any way.

no one gets pissed because you don't want to smoke. STOP WITH YOUR MADE UP AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL SHIT.

now...just fuck off. 

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Once again, that's abuse.  You assuming that all cannabis users are going to attack you is not the same thing as abusive people attacking you because of your neurodivergence.  There's no but here:  you're lumping in a lot of different people in the "ableist" category that are behaving in ways counter to your reasoning.

Yes I do admit that but the quote-and-unquote abusers are also heavy cannabis smokers and yeah lumping in a lot of people who smoke into Abel is Camp and no I know better not all people who do that are assholes may all you guys forgive me for acting like a fucking asshole

3 hours ago, discolé monade said:

jfc.

why does everyone keep playing this fucking game with you. you're special needs alright. 

lOoK aT mE, i'M sAnDrA DeE.

you act like you're the only one that's been abused by a family member. 

i seriously doubt it has anything to do with your 'disability' and more to do with shitty people in your life. 

and what in the wide wide world of sports does marijuana have anything to do with anything? i smoke. i smoke copius amounts. and i take great insult to your accusations. 

you want people to feel sorry for you. you WANT to play victim. 

you talk about 'you might get raped'?

how about the people that HAVE been raped? you fucking tool. you really piss me off. you do. 

did your dad  toss you down the stairs because your cat lost your bus pass? did your dad punch you in the face, because you didn't want to call the school, while getting beat to tell them you were going to be late? 

did you get grounded for months at a time? did your stepsister molest you? if you answered no to any of these questions, then just shut the fuck up. 

seriously fucking over your multiple post about the same MADE UP BULLSHIT. 

and STOP WITH YOUR NEW FUCKING WORD?  you FEEL. i FEEL like you're a fucking liar. you've been a liar for SO long here. *whispers* but we can't talk about that....and i see you're using mixed media: a little bit of composed sentence structure mixed with your usual schlub typing. 

no one gets pissed because you don't want to smoke. STOP WITH YOUR MADE UP AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL SHIT.

now...just fuck off. 

Oh I can say is I'm sorry I'm not lying about this I do feel what I feel   I am sorry I'm sorry about stuff like this and yes I know a lot of people who do cannabis are pretty decent people and I am this have to humble myself to you guys and hope you forgive me

4 hours ago, ghostrek said:

Yes I do admit that but the quote-and-unquote abusers are also heavy cannabis smokers and yeah lumping in a lot of people who smoke into Abel is Camp and no I know better not all people who do that are assholes may all you guys forgive me for acting like a fucking asshole

What is the point of saying "...but the quote-and-unquote abusers are also heavy cannabis smokers..,"?

5 hours ago, scoobdog said:

What is the point of saying "...but the quote-and-unquote abusers are also heavy cannabis smokers..,"?

yes, they are but I am begging for everyone's forgiveness I am sorry I am lumping two groups of people together.

And I am sorry for making assumptions about a group based on a few @scoobdog

Oh no you don’t.  Even if you know it’s wrong, you said it because you believe there is a correlation and, specifically, you have an issue with pot and its adherents.  Why do you dislike pot and pot smokers?  It doesn’t have to be a reason you justify, just say what it is so you can dispel it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, discolé monade said:

fuck him. let him get his ass in trouble. he'll figure it out. 

Look, the point isn't to get the guy in trouble.  He already knows it's fucked up and he shouldn't be thinking it, but a lot goes into getting a severely corrupted perspective like that.  The best way to diffuse it is letting him explain without him worrying that everyone is going to tear him to shreds.

35 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Look, the point isn't to get the guy in trouble. The best way to diffuse it is letting him explain without him worrying that everyone is going to tear him to shreds.

There’s this gray area where he already acts out on certain things, and you never know what exactly it is he’s out there telling people. 

He’s said it’s enough where they sometimes want physical retaliation.

There’s tough love. There’s him being a full grown adult. And then there’s everyone here saying that he likes to play perpetual victim.

If he genuinely says he’s bullied, I won’t argue that.

Just intrigued by the thought of him making both forums and his own work environment consistently angry over potentially similar exchanges.

• Like 1