UnevenEdge

King Charles Portrait

14xp-charles-portrait-gpkl-articleLarge.

Seriously, even Dorian Grey was like, "that's a weird ass painting."

It looks like someone tried to destroy it and it ate them.

It looks like a horror movie of the british empire directed by Jim Jarmusch.

It looks like the ghost of Princess Diana had her period directly on it.

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

Flamboyant. Probably thinks hunting a small fox while riding horseback is masculine.

Nah, I believe ol' Princey was more interested in a chukker or two.

• Haha 2

Seems to perfectly encapsulate the current state of the British legacy. Blood built the British empire, made English the lingua franca that is today, but the once exalted royalty behind it all is now gawdy, disgusting, old, and pathetic.

My pretentious take. In the future, France should introduce the idea of abolishing their monarchy if they wish to rejoin the EU, just for shits and giggles.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

But seriously, it’s important to note that King Charles gave his blessing to this portrait.  It may say less about the institution of the monarchy and more about the man himself.

My vote is he is color-blind. 

I'm having issues fully seeing it because of all the reds going on. When my color-sight starts to blink out, red goes first and tends to turn white. He might not see an absolute bloody abortion on the canvas, he might be seeing shades of white with pinks and greys for all we know. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I'm having issues fully seeing it because of all the reds going on. When my color-sight starts to blink out, red goes first and tends to turn white. He might not see an absolute bloody abortion on the canvas, he might be seeing shades of white with pinks and greys for all we know. 

I kinda doubt that.  There are other indications in the paint strokes that suggest the turmoil just below the surface.

42 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Y'know, I was wondering the same thing. My dad had red-green color blindness, and he used to say that both colors were shades of grayish beige. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

I kinda doubt that.  There are other indications in the paint strokes that suggest the turmoil just below the surface.

Finger painting is serious business! It has a passion to it, damnit! :D :D :D 

I'm still sticking with he thought it was a tasteful re-do of that 'American Beauty' poster with himself as the cheerleader surrounded by whitish rose petal splotches. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Finger painting is serious business! It has a passion to it, damnit! :D :D :D 

I'm still sticking with he thought it was a tasteful re-do of that 'American Beauty' poster with himself as the cheerleader surrounded by whitish rose petal splotches. 

To be more specific, the strokes circle and undulate like puffs of smoke.  Not a haze so much, the invisible ringlets almost literally obscure Charles from the gaze of the viewer or cloud Charles’ view of his world.

It’s hard not to look too deeply into this portrait because it’s so discomfiting.  You don’t get even a humorous place to view this portrait due to the violence it projects.

On 5/18/2024 at 9:14 AM, Mix said:

14xp-charles-portrait-gpkl-articleLarge.

Seriously, even Dorian Grey was like, "that's a weird ass painting."

It looks like someone tried to destroy it and it ate them.

It looks like a horror movie of the british empire directed by Jim Jarmusch.

It looks like the ghost of Princess Diana had her period directly on it.

Holy shit king Charles III is in fact  Vigo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters II  

Great a mediocre villain is more mediocre 

Who are you going to call?

• Haha 3

i wanted to throw something in about the nine circles of hell, and this being the painting in the realm of the 9th circle, and maybe in one of the 4 rounds (which i like to picture as an outdoor living space), 

maybe the one with the guy that betrayed his guests by killing them? eh