UnevenEdge

What's the earliest layout you remember [ASMB] website looking like?

I remember when I first started browsing the ASMB forums, somewhere around 2004 or 2005, mostly I checked out the website because I wanted to watch FLCL, and I saw Wolf's Rain and loved both of them. The website went through several different designs within a year or two, and they kept updating the look every so often after that.

The earliest I remember seeing was the links to different sections of the websites were drawn in clouds, and it looked like a chalk drawing on a blackboard. There was definitely something before that, but I don't remember what that design was. Also around the same time, they posted drawings of a giant owl everywhere. Maybe to celebrate the new rank title, Order Of The Owl. Also maybe the owl became the sort-of mascot for [adult swim], being a channel for people who stayed up late at night.

Man, now I'm reminiscing of the late nights when I'd watch anime or reruns of ATHF. Ugh, nostalgia.

...And now I'm realizing that truly nothing of the internet in those days exists anymore. All of the websites and all of the people I knew from back then are long gone!

• Like 1

I joined the ASMB in the last quarter of 2006, and I honestly don’t remember too much (my memory just isn’t what it used to be anymore). I do remember a black background with yellow or green bordering around each board subsection. I also remember spending a lot of time in the FC. That’s about it, I’m afraid.

I joined in winter '04 and it that was early lithium before they started experimenting with the layout or format. Just white text on black, like the bumps.

I think their OG lithium header is the banner image in the ASMB anniversary folder in the archives.