UnevenEdge

AOT FINAL FINAL EPISODE LIKE FOR REALZ THIS TIME U GUISE!!! 2-Hour Finale Special Discussion!!!

16 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Totally. Isayama wrote himself into a corner and was not creative enough to pull it all together and copped out for this shit sadly 

Honestly, I knew he had lost his mojo when he came up with the magic wizard king that erased everyone's memory.

Throwing all the time travel stuff in there was just kitchen sinking it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

If their complaints were not getting a happy ending, I have to wonder what the fuck show they thought they were watching lol. 

If it is the further going off the rails of the plot, I can agree with that haha.

I mean, this does seem to be kind of a happy ending, just without Eren or Titans

• Like 2

So I guess the results of the peace treaty get left to our imagination.

Hundreds and possibly thousands of years pass, and still war.  Futuristic Paradis destroyed.  Honestly, show. 😑

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I mean, this does seem to be kind of a happy ending, just without Eren or Titans

Well, a bunch of other characters still died, along with 80% of humanity.  And characters like Reiner that we don't like survived lol.  And honestly the ending is probably happier with a dead Eren lmao.  Mikasa loved him but he was irredeemable even if he survived.

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Hey look, the last scene implies that the titans are not gone and it is all gonna repeat.. All that shit was for nothing LMAO 

I didn't see any Titans.  That was high ordinance weaponry, possibly some nukes.  Still stupid that after all that, the distant future Paradis gets destroyed anyway.  The author can't leave well enough alone!

Just now, ben0119 said:

I didn't see any Titans.  That was high ordinance weaponry, possibly some nukes.  Still stupid that after all that, the distant future Paradis gets destroyed anyway.  The author can't leave well enough alone!

Last scene was a kid going into the tree just like Yamir did.. It is very implicit but it is there. 

7 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Hey look, the last scene implies that the titans are not gone and it is all gonna repeat.. All that shit was for nothing LMAO 

was there a titan?

Edit: oh, hmmm

Edited by DangerMouse

2 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Last scene was a kid going into the tree just like Yamir did.. It is very implicit but it is there. 

I thought it was just simple exploring of the environment. If that's the case, then booo lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was...something.  Not sure if it was good, but it fit thematically.  It's also proof that humanity will do its best to avoid the worst tragedies, but is almost compelled to fall back into horrible habits.

That was quite a decade of show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/attack-on-titan-final-season-the-final-chapters/episode-2/.204128

"With the world being what it is, I don't see how Attack on Titan could have ended any differently."

Rating:

Five stars for that ending? And from the same guy who tore apart Mugen Train's hollowness?

Edited by Greener223224
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2024 at 1:57 AM, atomicinumatt said:

Looks like lots of theories out there that the imagery for this moment implies a less depressing motivation for going to the tree at least!

Also, overall I think it was pretty fitting, I also now read that apparently the anime version fleshed it out a bit tightening up some things and some of the dialogue compared to the manga version.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

I don't understand the complaints about this ending or how the idea of bad stuff happening in a distant future long after all the characters are dead somehow makes the story pointless.   

Life isn't pointless because there is death.  History isn't pointless to know about just because like 95% of it is civilizations and societies that are long gone.  Trying to push forward and create a better future for the following generations isn't pointless even though you can't guarantee what might happen in that future.  

I think It's a realistic, thematically fitting ending and I can't really imagine a different one, not with the way the story was told leading up to this point. 

• Thanks 3

On 1/7/2024 at 1:30 AM, atomicinumatt said:

Okay, so this scene had me like WTF.. he did it all because he was an idiot? like really? After all of that?!?!?!? To me that was total character assassination on Eren. 

This is the biggest thing that made me so angry about this anime/manga, among many other things. 

This was a known quantity from the start. Kid with a god complex, thought he could "kill all titans" at the age of 12 or w/e.

I knew this ending was coming, and it's even more satisfying to hear the admission that this was all really stupid.

I regret not dropping this show completely years ago.

• Confused 1