UnevenEdge

Recovery Centers of America

1938_Packard

Prove it.

Give me evidence.

Come on, Kenworthless.

Prove there's brobery involved in global warming research.

Hey, I'll make this easier: who would even profit from bribing scientists to be pro-climate change?

It certainly wouldn't be the oil industry, by the way. Global warming from CO2 emissions makes them look so bad they're more likely to bribe in the opposite direction, which - unlike your conspiratorial anti-climate change rhetoric - has actually been found to have happened.

So, who is it that profits from global warming?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, Kenworthless.

Prove there's brobery involved in global warming research.

Hey, I'll make this easier: who would even profit from bribing scientists to be pro-climate change?

It certainly wouldn't be the oil industry, by the way. Global warming from CO2 emissions makes them look so bad they're more likely to bribe in the opposite direction, which - unlike your conspiratorial anti-climate change rhetoric - has actually been found to have happened.

So, who is it that profits from global warming?

The unelected, unaccountable portion of our government is partially owned by corporations and has less interest in financial profit than it does in power and control over people's lives.

Yeah... Guess all the hotel desk clerks who directly deal with such shit on a daily basis are all retarded.

I am a hotel clerk, all rooms at my hotel are non smoking. When someone smokes in a room we use air freshener and put an ozone machine in there for as long as possible, it stays in there for hours after maintenance and housekeeping go home for the day, to try to get the smell out. When the front desk goes in to remove the ozone machine we will either put the room out of order if it still smells like smoke or if it's passable (usually still detectable) we will rent the room last hoping it goes unsold because often a guest checking in will still smell smoke after all that and we'll comp them because a non smoking room that smells like smoke is offensive to most people. The smoking guest is charged $250 because of how often their smoking in the room leads to the room being unsellable for a night or two, the charge is a way to recoup that money and the wasted time of the employees who have to try to remove the shitty smoke smell.

I am a hotel clerk, all rooms at my hotel are non smoking. When someone smokes in a room we use air freshener and put an ozone machine in there for as long as possible, it stays in there for hours after maintenance and housekeeping go home for the day, to try to get the smell out. When the front desk goes in to remove the ozone machine we will either put the room out of order if it still smells like smoke or if it's passable (usually still detectable) we will rent the room last hoping it goes unsold because often a guest checking in will still smell smoke after all that and we'll comp them because a non smoking room that smells like smoke is offensive to most people. The smoking guest is charged $250 because of how often their smoking in the room leads to the room being unsellable for a night or two, the charge is a way to recoup that money and the wasted time of the employees who have to try to remove the shitty smoke smell.

Why not just have the burn hole in the uholstery fixed?  That hole could have been there for months before the guest you're acusing and fining for it ever showed up.  No hole, no aroma.  End of problem.  That's what we do.

Why not just have the burn hole in the uholstery fixed?  That hole could have been there for months before the guest you're acusing and fining for it ever showed up.  No hole, no aroma.  End of problem.  That's what we do.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Most guests who smoke in rooms don't burn holes in anything. They just make the room smell like cigarette smoke.

::spin:: ::]:: >:D :D

You can smell when a guest is smoking in a room from the hallway. Sometimes the rooms near them will smell it through the bathroom vents and call down complaining. I'll go up, realize which room it is from the smell, knock on their door, they'll open it, it'll smell like smoke, I'll remind them of the no smoking policy. Nothing gets burned in any of this except the tobacco and various carcinogens of the cigarette.

The unelected, unaccountable portion of our government is partially owned by corporations and has less interest in financial profit than it does in power and control over people's lives.

That didn't answer the question,  Kenworthless.

Corrupt government officials have a hand in the oil industry. Oil industry is opposed to climate change existing as it males them look bad. So, again, your assessment makes no sense. They get more power by supporting oil.

You can smell when a guest is smoking in a room from the hallway. Sometimes the rooms near them will smell it through the bathroom vents and call down complaining. I'll go up, realize which room it is from the smell, knock on their door, they'll open it, it'll smell like smoke, I'll remind them of the no smoking policy. Nothing gets burned in any of this except the tobacco and various carcinogens of the cigarette.

Didn't they teach you in middle school that smoke is mostly solid particles?  I guess for you, they're magic and can pass through other solid things such as doors and drywall.

That didn't answer the question,  Kenworthless.

Corrupt government officials have a hand in the oil industry. Oil industry is opposed to climate change existing as it males them look bad. So, again, your assessment makes no sense. They get more power by supporting oil.

Oil companies don't care about their reputations.

Didn't they teach you in middle school that smoke is mostly solid particles?  I guess for you, they're magic and can pass through other solid things such as doors and drywall.

I refuse to believe anyone can be this stupid. Major autism or persistent troll. Either way, I'm making an effort to ignore you now.

I refuse to believe anyone can be this stupid. Major autism or persistent troll. Either way, I'm making an effort to ignore you now.

He's trying to piss people off and it worked on me.

You did it Packard, you successfully annoyed me with your dumb words.

I guess they never taught you that water is solid particles.

How could it soak into also solid particles of a paper towel?

Clearly impossible. Must be magic.

By the way, earlier today I walked passed a complete stranger. Don't even know if I've seen them before since I only saw their back, but literally no detail beyond that they had a black shirt on. I was mostly looking at the floor, and only briefly caught sight of them through peripherals.

Smelled cigarette smoke. Been by that part of the store countless times, don't smell anything. If I go back over there now, no smell. Just a random person I didn't really even look at.

Why did I smell an odor that doesn't exist?

I don't understand how this thread keeps going. there have to be more pressing issues in the world to be talking about. I am pretty much a chain smoker and I KNOW cigs smell. to 1938_Packard[/member]  yes fucking cigarettes do have a fucking smell. to all the non-smokers- the world doesn't revolve around your sense of smell not being offended. /thread everyone fucks off now.

The argument is that the particles will not pass completely through any solid material.  And by solid, I mean like stone, drywall or plywood.

Temptation fails me.

No shit. The smoke can still easily pass through the cracks between the door and its frame. Hotel rooms are not airtight and most of the smoke coming from a cigarette is invisible gas.

Temptation fails me.

No shit. The smoke can still easily pass through the cracks between the door and its frame. Hotel rooms are not airtight and most of the smoke coming from a cigarette is invisible gas.

Invisible gas... carbon monoxide, no doubt.  NEXT! ...

This just reeks of deflection. Almost like you know there's no pro-climate change conspiracy, but are too much of a spineless bitch to admit defeat.

Let me put anthropogenic climate change into an easier to understand term.  Don't call it hot soup when I don't see steam rising from it.

Let me put anthropogenic climate change into an easier to understand term.  Don't call it hot soup when I don't see steam rising from it.

Are you arguing climate change doesn't exist because it's not constantly hot everywhere all the time?  whut

I can't tell if you're trolling or brain numbingly stupid.

Unfortunately, with your consistent stream of dumb over all these years, I'm genuinely tempted to go with brain numbing stupidity.