UnevenEdge

Recovery Centers of America

1938_Packard

By the way, earlier today I walked passed a complete stranger. Don't even know if I've seen them before since I only saw their back, but literally no detail beyond that they had a black shirt on. I was mostly looking at the floor, and only briefly caught sight of them through peripherals.

Smelled cigarette smoke. Been by that part of the store countless times, don't smell anything. If I go back over there now, no smell. Just a random person I didn't really even look at.

Why did I smell an odor that doesn't exist?

Yo, 1938_Packard[/member], answer the question, shitbag.^

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temptation fails me.

No shit. The smoke can still easily pass through the cracks between the door and its frame. Hotel rooms are not airtight and most of the smoke coming from a cigarette is invisible gas.

Invisible gas... must be that pesky carbon monoxide.  And, your cracks argument sounds like you're describing Mysterious Mose as he expertly wiggles his ectoplasmic self through a key hole.  I mean, we're not talking about cigarette gasses at 985,000 psi on the smoker's side of the door.

Who knows WHAT was going through your head at the time?  Or, did the sight of a grey smoke cloud trigger that idea?

Uh... "Gonna throw this garbage in the compactor and get something to eat" and no, I saw a black shirt. Nothing more, nothing less.

I already clarified that.

But of course, Packard be like

17499075_298538517227184_7862567295265833908_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=edadbec99a33d125e934e1629a21af6c&oe=5961AC72

Uh... "Gonna throw this garbage in the compactor and get something to eat" and no, I saw a black shirt. Nothing more, nothing less.

I already clarified that.

But of course, Packard be like

17499075_298538517227184_7862567295265833908_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=edadbec99a33d125e934e1629a21af6c&oe=5961AC72

Sounds like you're just making shit up.  Or, you just don't remember seeing the smoke in retrospect because you're so busy scrambling to make a point now.  Anyway, why do we need to have little machines attached to our walls... to tell us when carbon monoxide is in the room?

Are you arguing climate change doesn't exist because it's not constantly hot everywhere all the time?  whut

I can't tell if you're trolling or brain numbingly stupid.

Unfortunately, with your consistent stream of dumb over all these years, I'm genuinely tempted to go with brain numbing stupidity.

I just though about all those poor people who boarded a ship to Antarctica to study the melting ice and had to be rescued by Chinese ships equipped with massive ice smashers.  Bar har har!

Sounds like you're just making shit up.  Or, you just don't remember seeing the smoke in retrospect because you're so busy scrambling to make a point now.  Anyway, why do we need to have little machines attached to our walls... to tell us when carbon monoxide is in the room?

I'm making shit up because I recognized a smell without having to see it was there? If I smell dog shit and check the area and find, you know, dog shit, does finding the dog shit invalidate the scent?

I mean, you just can't be this dumb, can you?

Because, dumbass, a smoke detector picks up carbon monoxide and warns everyone in the building before the smoke can reach every room. Or, if you're sleeping and a fire starts, the noise is loud enough to wake most people. I've smelled smoke from burning food from completely a completely different room without even knowing anyone was cooking. That doesn't magically make smoke detectors pointless, it means I have a sense of smell and can figure out what something is without having to see it.

I just though about all those poor people who boarded a ship to Antarctica to study the melting ice and had to be rescued by Chinese ships equipped with massive ice smashers.  Bar har har!

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Is this another fabricated story you've come up with?

I'm making shit up because I recognized a smell without having to see it was there? If I smell dog shit and check the area and find, you know, dog shit, does finding the dog shit invalidate the scent?

I mean, you just can't be this dumb, can you?

Because, dumbass, a smoke detector picks up carbon monoxide and warns everyone in the building before the smoke can reach every room. Or, if you're sleeping and a fire starts, the noise is loud enough to wake most people. I've smelled smoke from burning food from completely a completely different room without even knowing anyone was cooking. That doesn't magically make smoke detectors pointless, it means I have a sense of smell and can figure out what something is without having to see it.

That's a straw man argument.  Dog droppings and cigarettes emit entirely different gasses from one another.  Hint:  Why doesn't the smell of carbon monoxide all by itself alert you to its presence?

That's a straw man argument.  Dog droppings and cigarettes emit entirely different gasses from one another.  Hint:  Why do we need to have little machines tied to our walls to tell us when carbon monoxide is in the room?

I just fucking answered that, you fucking shithead.

Because a single room with smoke in it doesn't equate to everyone in the building knowing there's a problem. It's literally in the post you just quoted. It alerts people before it can reach the entirety of the building, not just the people in the same room.

Also, a fire isn't waiting for you to be awake to start. Just because someone can smell smoke while awake doesn't mean you can smell it asleep. A detector goes off and is likely to wake up a sleeping person who might have not noticed otherwise.

He wants the evidence of cherrypicking that you've refused to present beyond shitty anecdotes because you don't have any reliable resources.

And I'm telling him he should use his own five senses to pick things up.  My eight year old nephew is more perceptive than he is.  It's like when the online weather doohicky on my phone says it 80 degrees outside and the mercury in my own outdoor thermometer says it's 62.  Somebody has it all wrong or is lying.  It's that simple.  Stop, look and perceive.  It's that simple.

I just fucking answered that, you fucking shithead.

Because a single room with smoke in it doesn't equate to everyone in the building knowing there's a problem. It's literally in the post you just quoted. It alerts people before it can reach the entirety of the building, not just the people in the same room.

Also, a fire isn't waiting for you to be awake to start. Just because someone can smell smoke while awake doesn't mean you can smell it asleep. A detector goes off and is likely to wake up a sleeping person who might have not noticed otherwise.

So, your keen sense of smell alone should alert you to carbon monoxide... your logic, not mine.

And I'm telling him he should use his own five senses to pick things up.  My eight year old nephew is more perceptive than he is.  It's like when the online weather doohicky on my phone says it 80 degrees outside and the mercury in my own outdoor thermometer says it's 62.  Somebody has it all wrong or is lying.  It's that simple.  Stop, look and perceive.  It's that simple.

That's tells me nothing about the trend of rising temperatures unlike any seen before on a global scale that have been documented for over a century with a direct correlation betweeen CO2 emmissions from manmade sources gaining significant presence.

It tells me you either had a bad weather forecast or a broken thermometer, and that you're an idiot for thinking that means anything to the well-documented global facts.

So, your keen sense of smell alone should alert you to carbon monoxide... your logic, not mine.

How are you supposed to smell carbon monoxide before it reaches the area you're in?

It's literally not in the room yet, you paint huffing, shit eating, fart licking, goat fucking retard.

So, you have no peer reviewed study that backs up your claim. Just say that packard.

probably because you're sitting here feeding a troll like idiots. at least packard don't run around acting like a know it all. you're dumb as fuck

LMAO, the entire premise of this thread is based around Packard acting like a know-it-all.  And you, poor fella, apparently have been camping out just waiting for someone to post here.

I like the part where you went "/thread" a long time ago and no one paid you the tiniest bit of attention.

jackoff.gif~c200

More precisely, how is anybody ever to smell carbon monoxide at all?

Your entire sentiment fell apart,  so now you're moving the goalpost.

Two people in building, one in room A and one in room B. Fire starts in room A, person in A smells smoke, smoke reaches detector in Room A, person in room B hears detector before smelling because smoke is not in their room yet.

It's basic logic.

Your entire sentiment fell apart,  so now you're moving the goalpost.

Two people in building, one in room A and one in room B. Fire starts in room A, person in A smells smoke, smoke reaches detector in Room A, person in room B hears detector before smelling because smoke is not in their room yet.

It's basic logic.

Do you believe that carbon monoxide has its own aroma?  I'm not moving any goal post.  I'm just showing how lame your argument is about cigarette aroma. 

LMAO, the entire premise of this thread is based around Packard acting like a know-it-all.  And you, poor fella, apparently have been camping out just waiting for someone to post here.

I like the part where you went "/thread" a long time ago and no one paid you the tiniest bit of attention.

jackoff.gif~c200

that post got 2 likes and it wasn't for any attention it was an attempt to kill this dumpster fire. but just go on acting like you know everything when you don't know shit. it's all you do anyway

Are you new here or somethin'?  That's all Packard does -_'

Packards either really fucking stupid or trolling. and by posting in his threads you're falling for it. like really? you guys are gonna have a mile long thread about whether cigarette smoke smells or not? who cares its a fucking dumb thing to be going on and on about

Do you believe that carbon monoxide has its own aroma?  I'm not moving any goal post.  I'm just showing how lame your argument is about cigarette aroma.

Yeah, smoke has a smell. I don't know if carbon monoxide in isolation has a smell, but smoke does.

that post got 2 likes and it wasn't for any attention it was an attempt to kill this dumpster fire. but just go on acting like you know everything when you don't know shit. it's all you do anyway

Hang on, 2 likes?!

How could anyone get so many on a single post?!

Packards either really fucking stupid or trolling. and by posting in his threads you're falling for it. like really? you guys are gonna have a mile long thread about whether cigarette smoke smells or not? who cares its a fucking dumb thing to be going on and on about

It's entertainment. People like kicking the idiot around.

It's not really all that "dumb" when you look past that and see exactly where the myth is taking people in terms of our government.  Cigarettes are still not contraband. That means that the use of them is an individual choice to make, just like you choose what to eat or choose what color to paint your dining room.  What Gov want to do is chisel away, very slowly and gradually like the proverbial slow boiled frog, all of your individual choices.  They started by banning smoke on public transportation and in government buildings and later graduated to bans in privately owned vehicles and privately owned properties such as malls and banks.  Now, the proposal is to ban indoor smoking, even at home and away from the public.  But, once they get away with that by continuing to spout so many specious allegations about the smell or the health effects on people while NOBODY has one solitary molecule of evidence to support the claims, the next thing to go would be many of the other choices you make, such as how big your toilet tank is allowed to be, the type of lighting you're allowed to use or even having the government control your thermostat by radio signal.  You won't recognize this nation in forty years.  And you'll be sitting here, typing to people who call you stupid just for knowing things can be better if you could just push all the regulations down the commode.  Me?  I'm just in here trying to awaken somebody.

It's not really all that "dumb" when you look past that and see exactly where the myth is taking people in terms of our government.  Cigarettes are still not contraband. That means that the use of them is an individual choice to make, just like you choose what to eat or choose what color to paint your dining room.  What Gov wants to do is chisel away, very slowly and gradually like the proverbial slow boiled frog, all of your individual choices.  They started by banning smoke on public transportation and in government buildings and later graduated to bans in privately owned vehicles and privately owned properties such as malls and banks.  Now, the proposal is to ban indoor smoking, even at home and away from the public.  But, once they get away with that by continuing to spout so many specious allegations about the smell or the health effects on people while NOBODY has one solitary molecule of evidence to support the claims, the next thing to go would be many of the other choices you make, such as how big your toilet tank is allowed to be, the type of lighting you're allowed to use or even having the government control your thermostat by radio signal.  You won't recognize this nation in forty years.  And you'll be sitting here, typing to people who call you stupid just for knowing things can be better if you could just push all the regulations down the commode.  Me?  I'm just in here trying to awaken somebody.

Jingo liking anything is an automatic -4.......You shouldn't be proud of his brand of passive aggressive pussing out with likes.  I don't even know who that other person is, but good for you.....Go champ.

But since you are equating likes to validity, my post to you got 4 likes.....So I guess in your world, I win.